NFL- helmets flying off

Posted by: lanovami

NFL- helmets flying off - 09/16/13 02:18 AM

Anyone watch much football? Is it just me or are helmets flying off left and right recently. I looked it up and found a few mentions of helmets not being as tight as before for some kind of concussion prevention. A Chiefs player just lost his helmet as I wrote this! Anyway, any details about this? I couldn't find much.

Re: NFL- helmets flying off - 09/16/13 02:25 AM

Ah right, it's like 3 am over there. I feel like such a nocturne sometimes. I can wait.
Posted by: MrB

Re: NFL- helmets flying off - 09/16/13 02:32 AM

I am here at 4:30 AM central daylight time.

I don't watch much pro football . As for helmets coming off, I don't know. A week or so a player lost his shoe and kept playing.

It does seem that a lot of players have their hair long under those helmets.

Dave

Re: NFL- helmets flying off - 09/16/13 03:16 AM

Irrelevant! smile

Glad somebody's up anyway. I am also quite the early bird, getting up around 4:30 am, which is early afternoon over there, and probably the only reason I ever manage to have a "live" discussion with y'all.

Re: NFL- helmets flying off - 09/16/13 03:17 AM

I risk thread derailment but does the Central/Mountain time line go down through Kansas? I remember it does or did in Nebraska. You are on the east side of it right?
Posted by: MrB

Re: NFL- helmets flying off - 09/16/13 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
I risk thread derailment but does the Central/Mountain time line go down through Kansas? I remember it does or did in Nebraska. You are on the east side of it right?

Yes I now live on east side of Kansas. The centra/mountain time change runs down near the Kansas Colorado border. There are a few communities near the border in Kansas who have elected to bein Mountain time, so the line is not a straight line but rather jagged.

Dave

Re: NFL- helmets flying off - 09/16/13 05:54 AM

I actually looked it up, it is quite jagged all the way down. To compensate for the whims of communities I guess.

Re: NFL- helmets flying off - 09/16/13 05:55 AM

Still curious about my original question though folks smile :

Anyone watch much football? Is it just me or are helmets flying off left and right recently. I looked it up and found a few mentions of helmets not being as tight as before for some kind of concussion prevention. A Chiefs player just lost his helmet as I wrote this! Anyway, any details about this? I couldn't find much.