Look Out Paula Dean

Posted by: drjohn

Look Out Paula Dean - 09/15/13 07:54 PM

For all you fancy cooks here:

I have just succesfully made a fried egg sandwich. That's the first time I've fried an egg in over 48 years. It didn't look real great but tasted fine.

whistle grin
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/15/13 08:56 PM

Sigh.
I'm not sure I get it, but I'm sure there is sex in there somewhere.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/15/13 09:52 PM

I love fried egg sandwiches . I take my two slices of bread and butter one side of each. Then fry two eggs one at a time breaking the eggs so they will spread out as they fry. When I've turned the first one, I place a slice of cheese on it as it frys, then transfer it to one of the bread slices. Then after cooking, I place the second egg on the first.

Makes a fine cheesy eggs sandwich . Often, I might place a slice of ham on the sandwich also. Home made Egg McSlice

Dave
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/15/13 11:03 PM

I've copied your recipe, Dave. I'll give it a try.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/16/13 12:46 AM

I have virtually no culinary skills, lived out of a microwave since late childhood - my wife likes to cook so I defer...

So something simple like the fried egg sandwich recipe is good for me. Thanks.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/16/13 07:31 AM

I bought a couple of egg rings on Amazon ($6-8 for 2) so I can make like an egg McMuffin at home. Great ! Can mix up whether I want ham, bacon, sausage or chorizo on it ! mmmm grin
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/16/13 10:41 AM

Quote:
It didn't look real great but tasted fine.

Looks are over-rated! grin

As long as it tastes good, go for it!

Posted by: Pirate

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/16/13 07:00 PM

Try fried egg, cheese and...wait for it.....spam.

I'll have egg spam egg spam spam and spam thank you

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/16/13 08:29 PM

This song, has been a favorite all my life. Love it so.

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife

So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly woman to marry you

Dave

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/16/13 08:33 PM

I've used Spam my self. Do fine

Dave
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/18/13 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
Try fried egg, cheese and...wait for it.....spam.

I'll have egg spam egg spam spam and spam thank you

You and your SPAM!

Ha!

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/18/13 03:21 PM

For real, take the bread coat with butter and lightly fry it in the frying pan, cut a hole in the center of the bread, place egg in the hole and let the entire mess cook to desired egg hardness add cheese if you like

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/18/13 03:26 PM

Quote:
For real, take the bread coat with butter and lightly fry it in the frying pan, cut a hole in the center of the bread, place egg in the hole and let the entire mess cook to desired egg hardness add cheese if you like.

Yeah we call that an egg in the basket ! smile

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/18/13 05:21 PM

For real, take the bread coat with butter and lightly fry it in the frying pan, cut a hole in the center of the bread, place egg in the hole and let the entire mess cook to desired egg hardness add cheese if you like

That too. I used to do that for my kids.

Dave
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/18/13 05:32 PM

I love "egg in the hole!" smile

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/18/13 08:01 PM

I still make it that way, but most of the time it is the old stand by of two hard scrambled egg, with melted colby cheese, and meat (spam,bacon,sausage,link sausage, smoked sausage) what ever is handy, minced onion and bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange) all cooked in
butter at the same time then...fried diced white potatoes, and if there is time, white country pepper gravy with broken bits of sausage mixed in for added flavor spooned over the fried potatoes, 2 slices of white bread Toast with butter and strawberry jam (apple butter for something different every other day) 2 slices of home grown red tomato
on the side. salt and pepper...cup of Bigelow Constant Comment oranges and sweet spice tea with just a pinch of sugar to bring out the flavors in the tea..good for breakfast,lunch or supper

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/18/13 10:00 PM

Now you're cooking! That's a meal

Dave

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/19/13 06:04 AM

Sounds like a cardiologists dream meal !! laugh

DAMM why does all the good tastin' stuff have to be "not so healthy" for ya ?? mad
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/19/13 04:20 PM

A couple of weeks eating like that, I'd be wider than the side of a barn! It all sounds delicious, though.

wink

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/19/13 05:50 PM

Feel lucky Kate !

With my metabolism (low thyroid), it'd take 2 days !! eek

grin

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/19/13 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Sounds like a cardiologists dream meal !! laugh

DAMM why does all the good tastin' stuff have to be "not so healthy" for ya ?? mad

Don't know with potatoe, tomatoe, onion, peppers it is healthy...well healthy by my accounting anyway
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Look Out Paula Dean - 09/19/13 10:05 PM

Don't know with potatoe, tomatoe, onion, peppers it is healthy...well healthy by my accounting anyway

LOL. I hear ya'. It sounds great. If you made it for me I would not turn it down.

But, all of the veggies with their vitamins and minerals doesn't matter if they are all prepared in fats that want to coat your arteries.