Another spinoff is in the works.

Posted by: Nana

Another spinoff is in the works. - 09/11/13 04:05 PM

'Breaking Bad' spinoff to feature Saul Goodman

Sep 11, 4:57 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - AMC is calling Saul Goodman for a spinoff of the network's drama series "Breaking Bad."

AMC and Sony Pictures Television on Wednesday confirmed the long-discussed spinoff, which will feature the popular supporting character from "Breaking Bad" in a one-hour prequel tentatively titled "Better Call Saul."

Played by Bob Odenkirk, Goodman is the sleazy New Mexico lawyer whose clients include "Breaking Bad" antiheroes Walter White and Jesse Pinkman, who manufacture crystal meth.

AMC said the new series would focus on Goodman before he crossed paths with those drug czars. The network provided no further details.

The 50-year-old Odenkirk's credits include "Saturday Night Live," "The Larry Sanders Show" and, paired with David Cross, HBO's "Mr. Show" sketch-comedy series.

"Breaking Bad" concludes its much-acclaimed five-season run on Sept. 29.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20130911/DA8ODIGG0.html
Posted by: MrB

Re: Another spinoff is in the works. - 09/11/13 04:46 PM

This might be good. goodman that is

Dave
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Another spinoff is in the works. - 09/12/13 12:01 AM

His name is supposed to be a play on "it's all good man".
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Another spinoff is in the works. - 09/12/13 12:01 AM

Anyway, as much as I like his character, the way it is played, I think he is the least believable character in the show. He is used for any deus ex machina to get whoever out of a bind, but largely untouched himself. After all the stuff that has gone down would a guy like him still even be in the country? He'd be too smart for that, but there he is, that jocular rock of support they can always go to..

anyway, I still love the show, and Saul.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Another spinoff is in the works. - 09/12/13 05:23 AM

I love Saul's part too, but like I read somewhere, he makes a great spice for the mix, but I don't think he would be a good main course. I'll give it a chance though that's for sure.