First question on the "5c"

Posted by: MrB

First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 12:29 PM

On the iPhone 5C. Why the "C" ? I would think about any letter except maybe , "ZZZZ" might be better.

When I first heard that I thought of iPhone 5cheap

Dave

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
On the iPhone 5C. Why the "C" ? I would think about any letter except maybe , "ZZZZ" might be better.

When I first heard that I thought of iPhone 5cheap

Dave

Okay answered my first question. "C" for colorful. Buy, guys I can't be the only one. Also I hope it does better than those polka dotted iMacs

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 12:37 PM

I thought it might be for consumer... like average Joe !

S is short for $ !! wink

laugh

Wife will probably get a 5C... she just happened to drop her 3S and cracked the glass 3 days ago ! Amazing coincidence !! shocked (3S Phone still works but hard to read through all the cracks !) Nah really, I saw it happen - slipped out of the protective case (which needed replacing) right onto a tile floor !! Glass replacement $45... new 5C $99 (with 2X the RAM of the 3S and 5C can use 4G LTE and has retina screen). Course w 2 year contract (but we're not moving). BUT still a "no-brainer" !!

Posted by: lanovami

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 12:39 PM

yeah, C for average.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 01:59 PM

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 03:06 PM

I AM surprised they didn't offer in traditional black. My wife will take a white one but she'd prefer black... she doesn't want "hot" colors . . jus' the freaking phone !! shocked
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 03:38 PM

Quote:
Also I hope it does better than those polka dotted iMacs

?? Those were a huge success, if memory serves. The whole colored line up sold like hotcakes.

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 03:54 PM

I figured that they did when I wrote it. I personally thought the polka dot ones looked weird . But the school I was at during the time had coordinating colors to the plain color ones. Well, close anyway.

But on the phones, I think a 5s in gold may have one waiting for me and a red leather case

Dave

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 03:57 PM

Yeah... I'm upgrading this time too. Still on a 4 and I can get $250 currently on Ebay.

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 04:30 PM

Yeah that's because before the colored iMacs, all computers were either drab tan or gray !! even Macs !! frown

They were about as exciting esthetically as "mush" !! grin

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 05:15 PM

My iPhone 3Gs
is covered in Autumn Leaves & Butterflies.

Underneath the ZAGG Skin it's iPhone BLACK
...but who sez it's gotta stay that way?

ZAGG Skins are tough protective die-cut stick-ons
they came in hundreds of different colors & patterns
then over that I have a semi-flexible transparent
iSkin that makes it "grippy" and bUmP resistant.

Like my Video iPod5 I can peel it off tomorrow
and sell it as pristine any time I want to. wink
Posted by: Jim_

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 05:47 PM

For only $100 less than a 5s, either under contract or outright, I don't get it at all for last year's technology in a plastic case if you're going to invest that much. I guess the difference between a $99 2 year plan for older technology versus a $199 plan may matter to some in a pinch.

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 06:17 PM

Rather a conundrum . I mostly use my phone for just that. Phoning . Occasionally I use the Internet on it because normally I have my ipad with me.

I do use the camera more and more, but the camera in my iPhone 4 is lame. I have a hard time getting anything but junk with it. Okay to show folks stuff but its because they will accept any crappy image.

My son in law, also a photographer, has a IPhone 5 and gets some good pictures. Course he has kids so he uses it often and works at using it.

I'm hoping the new phone will be even better as a camera.

One reason I might get the new model is that I will give my old one to a friend of mine. I gave her my old iPad which she, naturally, became addicted to . I'd like to help her out.

Dave

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 06:41 PM

Much better camera than the 5 much less the 4. You deserve one.

Bringing another subject to the kook-aid trough by giving the phone away, way to go. grin

I like the fingerprint button security too, so easy.

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 06:41 PM

For us, it's that my wife uses the phone apps minimally... 65% phone calls... some email, and texting. ON rare occasion she might look something up on the internet... so her needs are very basic and minimal. Spending $199 for a 5S would be a big waste. The ONLY reason we're considering the 5C is that the difference between that cost and fixing the glass on her 3S (3-4 years old) is only $50 !! . . . and she can't use 4G (or probably iOS7) on the 3S. Otherwise, she's happy with the 3S. So for some, the 5C is a good choice for an upgrade. Too bad the 5C upgrade will extend her contract 2 years. frown
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 07:06 PM

See? See?
David, thank you. I'm not alone.
Of course I want an iPhone, but my iPod touch does 90 (85)% of what I want.
If only it was connected all the time…

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Yeah... I'm upgrading this time too. Still on a 4 and I can get $250 currently on Ebay.
Hmm. I have 4s that has been in an OtterBox Defender since day 1, and is still under standard AppleCare until June. Just looked and I see them going for well over $600 on ebay. Maybe because they are both GSM and CDMA?

Am I looking at it wrong? Is my search-fu out of sync?

My buyout from ATT is around $185. Looks like I can pay off the contract, get a new 5s under contract, and make a few hundred bucks.

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/10/13 10:28 PM

Now that, my friend, is a plan laugh

Dave

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/11/13 12:36 PM

"If only it was connected all the time…"

No Curtis, you don't want it. Okay, I speak for myself but... I was actually quite happy with just my iPod and wifi where I could get it (free wifi in Japan is still pretty rare but..). Then my phone died and I let the guy at the store talk me into an iPhone when I just wanted a regular cell phone. Now I am on the damn thing all the time. I have really started to police myself to avoid this:

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/11/13 01:04 PM

Times have changed, huh?

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/11/13 01:20 PM

Whoa! That's pretty dramatic!

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/11/13 01:34 PM

The second picture is quite pretty in its own way.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/11/13 02:22 PM

shocked

That's so sad…
And I see it every day.

But I'm different. I have will power. I have control. I still don't have a cell phone. whistle

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/11/13 04:01 PM

not even a regular cell phone! man, kudos. R-E-S-P-E-C-T .
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/11/13 04:11 PM

Most people don't care about what's inside the phone. They just want it to work for them. The 5C is gonna sell a ton to new iPhone users.

I still have to wait until next June before I can upgrade my 4 on the cheap. Hopefully, there will be refurbed 5S's available by then. The 8GB in my 4 has turned out to be not enough for me, so I'm thinking 32GB next go 'round.

Re: First question on the "5c" - 09/11/13 04:32 PM

I have found 32 GB to be the sweet spot for me.