The porch

Posted by: MrB

The porch - 09/04/13 03:35 AM

A young blonde girl in her late teens, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer, decided to hire herself out as a "handy woman" and started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood.

She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do.

"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint the porch" he said. "How much will you charge me?"

Delighted, the girl quickly responded, "How about $50?"

The man agreed and told her that the paint and brushes and everything she would need were in the garage.

The man's wife, hearing the conversation, said to her husband, "Does she realize that our porch goes ALL the way around the house?"

"That's a bit cynical, isn't it?" he responded.

The wife replied, "You're right. I guess I'm starting to believe all those dumb blonde jokes."

A few hours later the blonde came to the door to collect her money.

"You're finished already??" the startled husband asked.

"Yes," the blonde replied, "and I even had paint left over so I gave it two coats."

Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50 and handed it to her along with a $10 tip.

"Thank you," the blonde said, "And, by the way, it's not a Porch, it's a Lexus.

Dave smile
Posted by: Celandine

Re: The porch - 09/04/13 07:25 AM

cry
Posted by: Pirate

Re: The porch - 09/04/13 09:03 AM

Ouch...that hurts
Posted by: DLC

Re: The porch - 09/04/13 09:12 AM

ROFL laugh
Posted by: Pirate

Re: The porch - 09/04/13 09:18 AM

I bought my wife a new car, she called me and said there was water in the carburetor....I said where is the car?...she said in the lake.

Every year thousands die from gas...some inhaled it, a few lit it,
but most of them just stepped on it

Re: The porch - 09/04/13 03:02 PM

On his grave
Green grows the grass
His foot missed the brake
And hit the gas

Burma Dave
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: The porch - 09/04/13 04:32 PM

Hahahahah! laugh

Re: The porch - 09/04/13 05:55 PM

LOL.... OH you're a real card Dave !!! laugh

flat , square, and hard to deal with ! wink

Teasing - that was a great one Dave !

Re: The porch - 09/05/13 04:02 AM

I try to laugh a lot. When I got cancer, I vowed I wouldn't got out bitter. One of my older brothers died from cancer after I was diagnosed. I visited him every day in the hospital and he was so bitter. He gave the nurses hell. His daughter wasn't much better. When I left each day , I went to the nurses station and thanked them profusely for the service they gave as they were a wonderful bunch. They were the same crew that took care of me when I had my surgery earlier that year in 2009 . They didnt deserve the crap he gave them.

Oneof my sayings is,"don't take life seriously, as you won't get out of it alive"

Dave

Re: The porch - 09/05/13 06:00 AM

Excellent philosophy Dave... yes we can choose our response to what life throws at us.
I think people who are light hearted and laugh a lot, live longer -- certainly happier -- lives !!

I also believe in something like Karma... although I don't know what I'd call it. . . .BUT What ever you put out comes back 10X (eventually) !! wink

Laugh on, dude !! laugh