Back from eye surgery

Posted by: MrB

Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 02:07 PM

This morning I had the cataract removed from my left eye. Procedure was interesting . Staring at a bright light for ten minutes with goo in my eye . Now I'm back home. So far my left eye is still blurry. Hope that clears up. Will see doc tomorrow the next week.

My eye has astigmatism so I elected to have Toric lens implanted . With an extra charge above insurance and Medacare.

http://www.aao.org/publications/eyenet/200506/cataract.cfm

Hope that works.

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 02:29 PM

I hope the lens does the job for you. I wish I didn't have to wear glasses!

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 02:34 PM

I'm far sighted and wear trifocals for my Mac so I'm pretty sure I will be getting new glasses. But I wasn't seeing much outof that one eye. Even with glasses

Dave
Posted by: Papa

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 02:36 PM

I had cataracts removed and lenses put in both eyes almost 5 years ago. I haven't needed glasses since then and I have 20/20 or better vision. It took awhile for the eyes to completely clear up and it would come and go. I have to use eye drops to help keep moisture in my eyes.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 02:41 PM

WHOA! The WONDERS of Modern Medicine!
When they get it right it's AMAZING!

Good Luck Mr.B
Keep us up-dated. smile
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 02:49 PM

Congrats, MrB. I wish I didn't have to wear glasses, and bifocals weren't the answer either. Can't wait for cataracts! :-P
I might try contact lenses next.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 03:55 PM

I've had bifocals for about 40 years, and for the last decade have a second pair of glasses for computer work. I really need trifocals (you should see me try to read a text in class when I'm lecturing!) but I just can't bring myself to do that.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 06:48 PM

Good luck, MrB!
Posted by: DLC

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 06:56 PM

Well that's good Dave...

Maybe we'll see eye to eye more often now ! whistle

laugh

SERIOUSLY _ Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Dave ! grin
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 08:29 PM

I have trifocals...I hate them!

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/03/13 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Well that's good Dave...

Maybe we'll see eye to eye more often now ! whistle

laugh

SERIOUSLY _ Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Dave ! grin

Hehe. I would imagine. Right now I'm getting rosy images with that eye . And it is my "left " eye so I might see things different now.

Dave
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/04/13 03:24 AM

I hope you feel better.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/04/13 09:18 AM

Hoping it all turns out well. My wife's uncle had his done a couple of years ago. Once his eyes healed, he said that he could now see in HD. laugh

Re: Back from eye surgery - 09/04/13 03:10 PM

Had the day after inspection. They did my pressure and the doc looked things over. Said it was perfect.

As he was scurrieng to his next client I mentioned that I noticed last night while I was driving that I was getting some double vision in that eye.

He glared at me sternly saying that I could be seeing lots of things day of surgery then scolded me that I wasn't to be driving anyway.

As I followed, I said that he must have heard wrong. I didn't drive last night.

His nurse smiled and said " I didn't hear you say you drove?" whistle

Dave