Power Outage

Posted by: Stumpy1

Power Outage - 09/03/13 10:03 AM

We had a power outage last week and my PC, TV and games console shut down immediately, so I had to talk to my family for a few hours.
They seem like nice people.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Power Outage - 09/03/13 11:47 AM

laugh
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Power Outage - 09/03/13 12:13 PM

laugh

Mine.. not so much. That's why I bought a very large battery back up.
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Power Outage - 09/03/13 01:56 PM

LOL laugh
Posted by: MrB

Re: Power Outage - 09/03/13 02:31 PM

Hehehe

Seriously, my daughter and family comes over. She and her husband have iPhones. The 15 and 13 year old , both have iPods. They all stck their faces in them.

Know what I do? Get out my iPad.

Dave

Re: Power Outage - 09/03/13 06:50 PM

Nucleus & MrB - Hahahah! laugh
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Power Outage - 09/03/13 08:25 PM

I mentioned to a college professor friend of mine that it seems that all the college kids have gotten religion. He asked what I was talking about. I said that, while driving by the college the other day, I noticed that all the kids were walking along, heads bowed, apparently looking at little prayer books.
He, being an archiologist, got a chuckle out of that observation. wink

Re: Power Outage - 09/04/13 10:17 AM

laugh Hahaha! I wish.

I've seen at least one young couple in a lunch booth texting like crazy and not speaking to one another at all!
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Power Outage - 09/04/13 02:23 PM

How does one have a good fight with their other half via texting....you just can't convey the feeling in a text that you can in person...texting saves marrages???

Re: Power Outage - 09/04/13 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
How does one have a good fight with their other half via texting....you just can't convey the feeling in a text that you can in person...texting saves marrages???

Have you ever been hit by a thrown iPhone?

Dave

Re: Power Outage - 09/04/13 05:00 PM

no but I gave been hit by a thrown dinner roll

Re: Power Outage - 09/05/13 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
no but I gave been hit by a thrown dinner roll

Oh no! I've had some dinner rolls that were hard as a brick

Dave

Re: Power Outage - 09/05/13 06:18 AM

Lamberts Rest. in Springfield and Sikeston serve a great meal and one of their trade marks is their wait staff throw huge dinner rolls to you rather than bring them to the table...it is a fun place to eat..and play dodge ball..uh dodge roll
Posted by: DLC

Re: Power Outage - 09/05/13 07:57 AM

Yep, I ate there several years ago- a MUST DO !! we LOVED Lambert's ! Food was great, .... be careful not to get too stuffed !! . . . and get there early !!! grin