Statistics

Posted by: MrB

Statistics - 08/27/13 02:57 PM

sadly, no matter how my teachers tried, for the first seven years that i attended school, I could do no better than next to last in my class. But, I had a good friend, that all those years, was second in the class.

Of course, those stats don't reveal how many were in my class. It might be important to know.

Dave
Posted by: Papa

Re: Statistics - 08/27/13 03:15 PM

Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Statistics - 08/27/13 05:11 PM

Well.. there were at least 4.

Re: Statistics - 08/28/13 12:10 AM

There were two of us. In my country school for some years there were but 13 or so in the entire school, grades 1-8. There were only two of us in my grade . I was first , my friend was second. Therefore I was next to last and he was second from top

But the way I stated it gave it an entire different slant. The way people report statistics makes a lot of difference.

Dave

Re: Statistics - 08/28/13 12:14 AM

A lot of truth there.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Statistics - 08/28/13 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
There were two of us. In my country school for some years there were but 13 or so in the entire school, grades 1-8. There were only two of us in my grade . I was first , my friend was second. Therefore I was next to last and he was second from top

But the way I stated it gave it an entire different slant. The way people report statistics makes a lot of difference.

Dave

Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Statistics - 08/28/13 04:58 AM

Ha! Got me.

Yes... it is obvious that a lot of reports are slanted.

Although your statement about being next to last and him being 2nd... is that statistics?
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Statistics - 08/28/13 07:49 AM

Statistics will show that three out of four would agree with that statement

Re: Statistics - 08/28/13 08:38 AM

I suppose it's not statistics but the report on them. I think that's where the problem lies in much of what we hear,

Dave