Breaking Bad

Posted by: John Rougeux

Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 08:59 AM

5 episodes left. Wow! This has got to be one of the best written, directed & acted show. While I will miss it terribly when it's over, at least it didn't wear out it's welcome.

Once the last episode airs, I am going to watch the whole thing over again. They packed so much into 5 seasons!

AMC has had a show come on afterwards called Talking Bad that is great. A live show with guests (actors on the show, Vince Gilligan was on 1st show, other actors) and it's cool to see how this show affects so many people.
Posted by: Nana

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux

AMC has had a show come on afterwards called Talking Bad that is great. A live show with guests (actors on the show, Vince Gilligan was on 1st show, other actors) and it's cool to see how this show affects so many people.

The Walking Dead also has the same called The Talking Dead. laugh

I watched Talking Bad for the first time this past Sunday. Samual L Jackson is crazy!!!

At first I was a little confused by the first 15 minutes of the first episode this season. Took me awhile to figure out the show was going backwards.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 01:07 PM

I had a friend get me hooked on this , this summer. I purchased all of them. I watched them in order so not to be confused.

I will have to say that Walt sure surprised me on last Sundays episode. I sure didnt see that coming.

Dave
Posted by: garyW

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 01:18 PM

when worlds collide.

laugh

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Nana
At first I was a little confused by the first 15 minutes of the first episode this season. Took me awhile to figure out the show was going backwards.

Let's watch it with the spoilers people, I haven't seen them this year yet. Recording to do a marathon with my Bro of the first 4, then the last 4.

Click to reveal..
Use the spoiler tags please.

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_

Let's watch it with the spoilers people, I haven't seen them this year yet. Recording to do a marathon with my Bro of the first 4, then the last 4.

I think that after the final episode airs it will be impossible to live in that bubble. Like the end of Sapranos, the Super Bowl, the Presidential election ….

I recommend you binge on episodes 1-7 and then join the rest of the world in real time for the finale.

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 04:43 PM

The Walking Dead also has the same called The Talking Dead. laugh

I watched Talking Bad for the first time this past Sunday. Samual L Jackson is crazy!!!

It's a flash forward is what you are seeing at the beginning of that episode. the rest of the show is in "real time".

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW

I recommend you binge on episodes 1-7 and then join the rest of the world in real time for the finale.

Agreed. I will start a new thread called SPOILERS of breaking bad ending so that we can discuss it.

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 06:08 PM

w/e. Since my personal DVR viewing habits don't meet spec here, I'll just opt out of this thread. I'm not even going to argue my reasons, or any suggestions, that would be iSilly.

Carry on.

I did just watch EP1, fantastic. I'm going to try and get my Bro to hurry it up, only because it looks great. If not soon, it's only bit and bytes that we make the choice when to watch, or what news to read, eh?

Keep carrying on. smile

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/27/13 06:13 PM

I will start a new thread called SPOILERS of breaking bad ending so that we can discuss it.
How about just adding Spoilers to this thread's Subject?

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/28/13 12:27 AM

I was thinking about those who hadn't watched it. I thought what I said ddnt reveal much if anything , those who did see it would have understood.

I hadn't seen a single episode of any of the five years until I watched the I rest episode of this years. Then I went back and got all years and watched them in order.

One after noon and evening I think I watched 8 episodes in a row. I was certainly addicted.

That said, I do think that the Sopranos is a more rounded and better written show. No over the top mass killings like there were in Breaking and there were several themes going on.

The one episode of Breaking was so boring. I'm talking about the one with the "Fly " . They shouldn't have aired it IMHO.

Still series shows how a respected gentile man turned into a monster.or was he a monster from the beginning? Hmmm

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/28/13 12:30 AM

Lol

I love it so.

It took their words away

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/28/13 08:16 AM

Click to reveal..
Use the spoiler tags please.

I didn't spoil anything. Didn't mention what went on in the first 15 minutes or who was in it! wink

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/28/13 08:18 AM

[quote=Nana]

It's a flash forward is what you are seeing at the beginning of that episode. the rest of the show is in "real time".

[color:#993399]Told ya I was a tad confused. laugh

Re: Breaking Bad - 08/28/13 08:28 AM

Gilbert Gottfried does Walter White's "I am the one who knocks!". Hilarious.

Click to reveal..

laugh
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/03/13 04:24 AM

Not a spoiler:

My favorite line ever from Marie (Hank's wife), which totally sums up her character and attitude.

"I'll heat up the lasagna."

Anyone else love that line?

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/03/13 05:29 AM

After Sundays, sept 1, it's changed a bit. Hank, Marie, Jessie, Skylar all uped their game.

As sergeant Schultz would say "Very interesting"

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/03/13 11:35 AM

Gilbert Gottfried does Walter White's "I am the one who knocks!". Hilarious.

Click to reveal..

laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/12/13 07:52 AM

laugh

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/12/13 08:30 AM

Click to reveal..
Holy crap! This past episode was awesome! I wonder who will survive the shootout? We know Walt does....but surely Hank and Gomez won't because of the number of bad guys and the type of weapons. But we'll see next Sunday. Damn, I'm going to miss this show.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/12/13 08:32 AM

I don't get why Chrysler doesn't tie in cars with this show.

Imagine choosing the "Heisenberg edition" 300, or the "Junior challenger".

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/12/13 05:31 PM

Yep, many would go for the car of the biggest meth kingpin in the southwest. laugh

Actually, it has a good ring to it.

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/13/13 10:15 AM

Click to reveal..
Did you notice that when the shoot out started, it was the "bad guys" who shot first while Hank & his partner were out in the open? AND THEY MISSED THE TWO! laugh
Remember Walt said the hit was cancelled. The uncle & them missed on purpose? confused

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/13/13 04:54 PM

Click to reveal..
Did you notice that when the shoot out started, it was the "bad guys" who shot first while Hank & his partner were out in the open? AND THEY MISSED THE TWO! laugh
Remember Walt said the hit was cancelled. The uncle & them missed on purpose? confused

That whole scene was strange

Click to reveal..
im speaking about the gunfight. Hank and Gomez didnt take cover very quickly . I just took that as just Hollywood antics. I didn't consider it was part of the plot. I was thinking that the uncle decided he dint need those rogue DEA agents.

It's hard to think of everyone just backing off from that fight. Someone is going down.

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/16/13 08:19 AM

Click to reveal..
Holy crap! Hank!! frown I wanted Hank to win. dammit. And the scene where Walt was talking to his wife on the phone and saying that she won't ever see Hank again, wow...talk about great acting.

And he came on full Heisenberg on the phone.

Absolutely the best show out there. Best acting I have ever seen.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/16/13 01:01 PM

I was on the edge of my seat for a whole hour! What a great episode. The hour went by so fast, I was shocked when it was over.

Click to reveal..
Quote:
And he came on full Heisenberg on the phone.

The best part of the whole show!!!! Hope he plans on staying around. whistle

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/16/13 05:43 PM

Click to reveal..
Reading online, apparently Walt did that to let her get off and appear innocent.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/16/13 06:54 PM

Click to reveal..
Reading online, apparently Walt did that to let her get off and appear innocent.

Oh, absolutely. I actually got that when I watched it.
Click to reveal..
ive got to watch it again, and will, to see if others are right. In that Skyler understood what he was doing and gave him verbal clues that she did.

Walter knew the police were their listening, so made sure he projected a great her and that she only reluctantly supported him for the family's sake. He made sure everyone knew everything he did was on his nickel alone.

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 04:44 AM

My friend and I let 2 episodes build up and then watch them in one sitting every two weeks, so I have been careful to stay away from here. I now believe I am caught up. 2 episodes left

Click to reveal..
Is there really a way to go from here? Hank is dead. Everybody who didn't know about Walt and Skylar knows. I guess there is the subplot about what's going to happen to Jesse. Is Walt going to save him? I doubt it, he was happy to have him killed right there. And he gave the baby back. What else is there? This could have easily been the last episode and I wouldn't have been suprised. Having said that, I have no doubt the writers have some great drama left in store.

One other thing, I am a little confused as to why Walt seemed so desperate to save Hank, but revealed Jesse under the car, and was instantly ready to let him be killed. He called Jesse family only a little earlier in the same episode but then forgot about all that. I almost laugh at myself for being so sucked up in this. blush

I would love to be a fly on the wall when the writers of this show get together and start throwing ideas around.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 07:55 AM

Click to reveal..

Well, in the first episode of this season, it showed Walt at a diner with a full beard and hair, so obviously there are things left unsettled:
1) the skinhead uncle took $70 million of Walt's money. Do you think he's going to let that go?

2) While Walt called Jesse "family", in fact, Walt was only trying to get Jesse to not act the way he was. (throwing money out the window of car; his whole attitude). All that was just so that Walt didn't have to worry about Jesse. Once Walt saw Jesse with Hank, he knew that it was over with Jesse, that's why he called him a rat and pointed him out. That's the Heisenberg part of him. He leaves nothing.

3) Jesse saw the photo of the girl and Brock at the end there. is that a threat towards him to keep cooking?

4) I believe Walt didn't want Hank killed because he was family. That was Walt. But Heisenberg didn't care. The dual personality of Walt is really good acting IMO.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 09:42 AM

Click to reveal..
In the first episode of this season, Walt w/hair & beard went back to his house which was empty to retrieve the ricin he had hidden. I believe it's for the uncle & his gang. And possibly Jesse.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 09:51 AM

I think Hank's wife is playing Michael J Fox wife or sister in his new series. Sure looks like her. confused

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 10:23 AM

I think Hank's wife is playing Michael J Fox wife or sister in his new series. Sure looks like her. confused

Yes, I believe so. In the Talking Bad episode she was on, it was mentioned that she was going to star with Michael J. Fox in his series.

Hank is on Under The Dome

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 10:23 AM

Click to reveal..
In the first episode of this season, Walt w/hair & beard went back to his house which was empty to retrieve the ricin he had hidden. I believe it's for the uncle & his gang. And possibly Jesse.

No, that was the 2nd episode smile

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 01:50 PM

Click to reveal..
I remember those scenes from the first episode of this season, but in many way for me personally the show as it was is over even with a few strings left. Again, I will still watch the two remaining with bated breath

1. Maybe the Heisenberg in Walt will go after that money now that you mention it.

2. You're right, Walt did say to those guys that Jesse "is not a rat" very emphatically, when he did turn out to be one and the Heisenberg came through, you got me there.

3. Yep, that picture is there to bait him into continue cooking just in case his own life or torture isn't enough to keep Jesse going. Another genius, if sick, plot twist.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 02:27 PM

Click to reveal..
Walt is gone. Seems only Heisenberg remains. What a sad episode … everyone suffered … except for the nazis.

I can't figure out wtf Jack & Todd and his gang of Nazi need to cook any more because they have $70M cash. Maybe Todd has a little bit of an inferiority complex with Jesse or maybe he's just trying to impress Lydia. That will be that scarey dude's undoing.

Anyway, they all need to die soon enough. If Walt doesn't get them with his tank-busting gun, then Jesse seems likely to take someone out with a little "lab accident" chemistry. yeah, the ricin will probably take out a few nazis.

Somehow, someway, I want to see a dying Walt in a boat drifting into the sunset like all those paintings he noticed. Jesse needs redemption and maybe Walt will free him, I still have a feeling that Saul and his boys kept a barrel or two of cash for themselves when they moved it from the storage locker.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 02:42 PM

]Lots of predictions from Gary. I like it.

Click to reveal..
someone mentioned above that the whole comversation with skylar at the end of the last episode was Walt channeling his inner Heisenberg to make Skylar
look like a controlled victim. I was so into the drama I didn't catch any of that. Duh.

Yeah Todd is only in it for self pride and to impress Lydia, they set that all up. Again good writing.

Again Mr B is bothered with the logistics smile. I noticed that hank and his buddy should've taken cover but it was too guy wrenching of a scene to let it bother me much.

As I've said before Saul is by far the least digestible plot element for me. Always providing comic relief and a magic solution an coming out unscathed and unfazed most every time. Even his pummeling was later made a joke and the questioning and tricking of his bodyguard was largely a moment of levity. And I still like the guy anyway. smile

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 03:14 PM

I think it is safe to say smile

Click to reveal..
i think it is safe to say the events of themlast episode have caught up with any "aftermath" scenes we have seen before. We are going to jump at least a few
Months in time now - enough for Walt's hair to grow back anyway.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 04:42 PM

Watching it again andi noticed a detail problem with the pickup Walt bought from the Indian who lived in the deserts. During walts leavin his house while pushing Skylers car out, I noticed it had "slicks" on the rear. I don't think an old Indiam living in desert would have slicks

Course, they wanted the tires to spin, I think. I need to go back to see if they had them on all the time or just that scene

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 05:33 PM

Who cares about tires or details like that. Heck, the truck didn't do any damage to her car.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 08:10 PM

Mr. B can't help it, he just is particular about that stuff. Anyway, as it is not that hard, I think we should put anything that could possibly be a spoiler in the spoiler box.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 08:45 PM

Who cares about tires or details like that. Heck, the truck didn't do any damage to her car.

Who cares? I think it's interesting. It deals with procedures in making the scene. Like when cars collide, to make one car fly through the air, sometimes even spiraling upside down. It's crazy. Or cars crashing through a building moving through unscathed.

I like noticing them.

But then, I've watched LOTR and wondered how the archer never ran out of arrows.

To movies credit, anymore. They seem to count their shots more often. A lot of the time we don't see a shooter shoot 15 times with a revolver. But they still have shooters firing ten seconds or so using a ak-47 with a 30 round magazine firing 600 r/m on full auto.

Makes for better carnage, I suppose.

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 09:03 PM

I re watched this latest episode
Click to reveal..
paying particular attention to Skylers reaction to Walt. I now believe that that she understood that Walt was trying to get her off the hook with Feds.

I also think Walt isn't finished with the skin heads who stole the money. Also, he wants payback for Hank. I think he isn't finished with his family even though Flynn turned against him.

As for Jessie , he is being threatened by Todd with his girl friend and her boy. Not sure if Walt will help him as he was pretty mad that Jessie plotted against him with Hank.

Personally, I want Marie to get it but in reality Walt is a major scumbag as is Skyler and deserve to get it.

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 10:25 PM

Click to reveal..
I didn't watch it again, but when I remembered the scene, after reading here, I realized from the look on Skylar's face that she gets what he was doing. Because he never talks to her like that. Which also means he knows she lied to him about the police listening in.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 10:42 PM

Click to reveal..

Kinda knew that when you hire a gang of Aryan Brotherhood nazi-types …. things won't end well.

Marie is living on borrowed time. Jesse told Todd he made the tapes at Hank's house and that's where all the equipment is. They'll want to go get the tapes before the Feds do. Please, please don't let Flynn, Holly and Skylar come stay with Marie right now….

Many loose ends are being revealed … a nazi trip to Hank's house may tell us if Hank's weird post-trauma mineral collecting means something. Or maybe not.

Walt returned for a moment of clarity when Holly cried for her mother. That's what prompted him to make the call and let the police know that Skylar was threatened & abused. About a third of the way into the call you could see on her face that she understood what Walt was doing. The acting in that scene is as good as it gets.

So Walt called Saul's guy to make himself disappear …. taking the damn $11M barrel with him.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/17/13 11:20 PM

Click to reveal..
i had forgotten about Hanks Mineral obsession . Interesting. Glad you brought it up. I remember that Walt was explaining the colors to Hank. Do you think Walt might use them to concoct a bomb?

At this time only Marie, Skyler, Flynn, Jessie , Saul, Walt and the Aryans know the score. Anyway Walt can return to his former life?

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/18/13 01:55 AM

Click to reveal..
Flynn. Right. I don't think he'll be going back to Walt Jr. any time soon. crazy

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/18/13 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Click to reveal..
i had forgotten about Hanks Mineral obsession . Interesting. Glad you brought it up. I remember that Walt was explaining the colors to Hank. Do you think Walt might use them to concoct a bomb?

At this time only Marie, Skyler, Flynn, Jessie , Saul, Walt and the Aryans know the score. Anyway Walt can return to his former life?

Click to reveal..
Actually the entire ABQ police force and most likely the FBI know the score because of Walt's phone call … specially the "confession" of murdering Hank and Hank's role in the DEA investigation of the blue ice.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/18/13 09:32 AM

Click to reveal..
oh, right. I I neglected to figure that in. Duh. The whole freaking world knows. I guess, with all the leaks coming out there.

Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/23/13 05:39 PM

Last night's episode must have a world of Breaking Bad fanatics in a dismal funk today. Somehow this pain is going to end in one week, this is all pretty tough to watch unfold.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/23/13 06:28 PM

Shh. smile To be honest I even consider this a spoiler. I don't want any preconceptions going in. I know you could say don't go to the thread before you've seen it. But I usually use the "active posts" link to see what's up and anything could pop up there.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/23/13 10:10 PM

wow, hardcore spoiler that this is the next to last show of the series and all sh!t is breaking loose with characters we've followed through 60 episodes.

eek

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/23/13 10:49 PM

Nah, I wouldn't call your post a "hardcore" spoiler, I think you're exaggerating a bit.

I knew I was being particular when I made that post and I probably should've held off, but I don't even like to know the tone of an episode. eek

Click to reveal..
I thought the last few episode with Hank dying, his son hating him, the police knowing everything, and Jesse being made a slave was pretty freaking dismal, and now I know it actually gets worse. I entertained the possibility some redemption could be squeezed out of the last two episodes. Or maybe the last episode.

I will say that there is nothing you said in your last message that I would even remotely classify as a spoiler. whistle

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 05:06 AM

Click to reveal..

Finally watched last Sunday's episode. Now I see how they are jumping ahead with his beard and hair growing back. And how that guy mentions how his house is fenced in and that this time he'll do better with the needle for the chemotherapy.

Looks like Heisenberg isn't done yet! Still a lot to wrap up IMO. He's going to travel from New Hampshire to New Mexico while being hunted.

Oh, and I love how Flynn yelled at him! Loved it!!

Please please please let this ending be satisfying.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 08:47 AM

Todd is weird!

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 08:48 AM

Wow...found this wiki. Don't visit unless you are caught up!

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Breaking_Bad_Wiki

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 09:16 AM

Wow...found this wiki. Don't visit unless you are caught up!
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Breaking_Bad_Wiki

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/forum/1173-breaking-bad-general-gabbery/

After each episode I've been following this forum. Worth reading through some of it on the the last one, "Granite State", before watching the finale.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 09:17 AM

Todd is weird!

In some circles he is referred to as Meth Damon.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 10:14 AM

After each episode I've been following this forum. Worth reading through some of it on the the last one, "Granite State", before watching the finale.

Bookmarked..Thanks!

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 11:38 AM

Okay, I didn't start watching the show until this summer when a friend suggested we watch it live . The first episode of the last half of the fifth season. Then I went back and bought them all from apple .

But what about the colors? I hear folks talk of them but , other than notice them ,I haven't connected any significance .
Dave

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 06:10 PM

What do you mean? The color of the meth?

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB

But what about the colors? I hear folks talk of them but , other than notice them ,I haven't connected any significance .
Dave

A possible explanation can be found in this ARTICLE.

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 06:21 PM

I wasn't sure what Mr. B meant either, but I think you just came up for an alternate / subtitle for Breaking Bad.

"The Color of Meth". I like it. smile

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/26/13 11:15 PM

Different meth is different colors.

Clicker.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Breaking Bad - 09/27/13 01:09 PM

Different meth is different colors.

Clicker.

That's a handy reference. If/when I get involved with meth, I certainly would not want to be uncoordinated and have clashing colors. Ha! smile

and of course I am just smart a s s i n g, heh, heh

Use of color - 09/27/13 06:54 PM

Breaking Bad use of color

I seen references to the use of color to symbolize different aspects of BB. I was wondering what you folks knew as you are always in the know. But thought I would explore

Yellow is used to symbolize something bad is happening.

http://m.imgur.com/a/hwmnX

A composite of descriptions

http://www.ibtimes.com/breaking-bad-colo...-photos-1411632

Another created a graph of the color changes associated with different characters Thoug the seasons

http://stylecaster.com/breaking-bad-colors-theory/

And this

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/09/17/breaking-down-breaking-bad-my-theory-of-true-colors/

All compelling insights to the shows use of color

Dave

Re: Use of color - 09/28/13 03:40 PM

Which color(s) does this!

sick
Posted by: Lea

Re: Use of color - 09/28/13 06:39 PM

I gave up watching it several seasons ago. It just got so dark, and that's where it was rightfully headed, but I've been seriously into content mill stuff. Hours on LeTube? Give 'em up for cash in my payPal account. I did keep up with online synopsis.

Flash forward ~ My monitor bit LeBisquit last weekend. Oh. What to do?

Watched it.

I expect that the percentage of the US pop tuning in tomorrow will be fkn' awesome. Probably break freakin' records.

If you plan on tooning in? Raise your hand wink

PS: Shout out to Little Girl and hope she's better. LL smile

Re: Use of color - 09/28/13 09:34 PM

I am into caps or hats. My favorite are the cabbie or newsboy types worn commonly up to the 40's. I mentioned to a friend that I needed a new hat to add to my closet. She suggested getting the type worn by Heisenberg which is a pork pie style. I looked them up and found they are now a hot item( of course)

On further thinking about getting one I concluded that as much as I like the show, Heisenberg is not a person with which I want to be ascociated . He really is a monster. So I'm going to lay off advertising his image.

Dave

Re: Use of color - 09/28/13 09:58 PM

I can confirm these results personally. This is som bad sh!t

Just search for "meth mouth"

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/body/

Dave
Posted by: Mejia

Re: Use of color - 09/30/13 04:22 AM

Yeah, I thought the series would be entertaining but it became pretty depressing and dark all of a sudden. However, that's one of those dark things you want to watch because they actually teach you something important. Brilliant series, probably one of the best ones in the last several years.

Re: Use of color - 09/30/13 06:42 AM

Great ending to a great series. Sucks that it is over, but they didn't wear it out like dexter.

Re: Use of color - 09/30/13 09:11 AM

Agree, they ended it with true BB style. Much sadness in saying goodbye, it's been a hell of a ride.

Re: Use of color - 09/30/13 10:32 AM

Agree. I can say that the way they ended it really held no surprises for me. And that's great AFAIC.
Click to reveal..
Walt dies in a meth lab not from cancer. He has his goodbye with Skyler. He doesn't because he can't patch up things with Junior. Jesse lives. Nazis die by walts hand. Junior will get some of the money. Well maybe

So great ending.

Now we can turn our attention to Homeland and that BatSh!tCrazy woman

Dave

Re: Use of color - 09/30/13 12:23 PM

Click to reveal..
Walt's death in the lab was appropriate. He died on his own terms, not nature's, and not begging and bargaining (like Jack). But it wasn't something transcendent. Almost with acceptance of his fate and guilt he asked Jesse to end it for him. But Jesse was having none of that.

As an example, Gus's death was fitting for the character.

And Breaking Bad knows how to do this. Mike's death was one of the best ever in TV or film. Mike, sitting on the riverbank bank bleeding to death …. with a beautiful golden sunset to bring him to his end … but true to Mike's character, it's "Walt, shut the f*ck up and let me die in peace."

Re: Use of color - 09/30/13 01:49 PM

Click to reveal..
It did indeed get even darker and sadder. I read some of the reaction sites for the first time. One mentioned a small loose end that Lydia does have a young daughter that was not mentioned again. I am sure she'll have a better life than Pinkman's ex-girlfriend's boy but anyway. I agree, not the best episode of the bunch, but still satisfying.

Re: Use of color - 09/30/13 04:32 PM

I think this was as good as any of them. I just watched it again. Better than a lot of them

Dave.

Re: Use of color - 10/01/13 02:03 AM

A couple things not quite right with the final.
Click to reveal..
I realize that they had to devise something that might be feasible to kill all the Nazis so they come up with this remote control contraption. are we really expected that he could rig a device that would just happen to catch all the bad guys although I saw two boxes of 200 rounds in the trunk. The weapon will fire about 600 rpm . I timed the fire and it fired exactly 40 seconds which is an out right. But still?

Also, in the scene with Gretchen and Elliot, he threatens them with assassins who are to determine if they give Junior 9 million dollars after he dies. Wouldn't one think, rightly, that instead of just taking the $200,000 Walt paid them that after he left, they would just kill the Schartzs and take the 9 mill?

Also, I thought it flakey, that Jack would care if Walt thought Jesse was his partner. He was going to kill him anyway.

Dave

Re: Use of color - 10/01/13 07:20 AM

Click to reveal..
Seriously, you're counting bullets?? laugh The plot weakness in that segment is that the nazis allowed Walt to drive into their complex without checking the trunk of his car.

There were no assasins. Just Skinny Pete and Badger with laser pointers who got paid $10K each that night. It was a ruse. But it worked to scare the Schwartzes into setting up the trust fund for Walt Jr. within 10 months
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Use of color - 10/01/13 09:39 AM

Seriously, you're counting bullets??

Bwwahahahahhaaaa...
That just made me smile!

Re: Use of color - 10/01/13 10:02 AM

Click to reveal..
Quote:
Also, I thought it flakey, that Jack would care if Walt thought Jesse was his partner. He was going to kill him anyway.

Hubris. Kind of the same thing that let Walt deviate from his plan to net only $700K that became his empire-building $90M. Jack had too much ego to even let a man die thinking he was a lying dick. It was Jack's way of saying "say my name" except Walt ended up putting a bullet in his head instead. And Walt never thought twice about the hidden money Jack was bargaining for his life.

Re: Use of color - 10/01/13 01:24 PM

Yes, about Skinny Pete and Badjer

Click to reveal..
they were shining hand held lasers. What I meant was that IF the Swartzs believed there were truly assessins there watch if they were going to give the loot to Junior they would figure that they would just come in, kill them, and take it all, not settle for the Measly $200,00.

And, no, I did not count bullets, I counted boxes of rounds. Two boxes of 200 rounds each in the trunk . I did time the firing at 40 seconds which is about perfect of a M60 which fires 600 rpm firing 400 rounds.

Dave

Re: Use of color - 10/01/13 01:25 PM

Stretching it IMO . But it works out

Dave