So CNN big story of the morning

Posted by: MrB

So CNN big story of the morning - 08/26/13 08:01 AM

Is

Of all the issues happening today

Is

Miley Cirus. After watching this I say to myself " what's the big deal" . This ain't nothing. There are thousands of entertainers doing more outrages stunts. Wasn't even choreographed that well.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/26/showbiz/music/miley-cyrus-mtv-vmas-gaga/index.html

Dave
Posted by: Silver_Moon

Re: So CNN big story of the morning - 08/26/13 12:48 PM

Being able to speak for (but not caring about) my generation, the big stink is because she used to be a squeaky clean disney star.
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: So CNN big story of the morning - 08/26/13 01:37 PM

Yeah but so was Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Vanessa Hudgens. Disney or Nickelodeon stars going bad is certainly nothing new.
Posted by: Silver_Moon

Re: So CNN big story of the morning - 08/26/13 01:45 PM

Yeah but everyone is acting like it is. Sigh.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: So CNN big story of the morning - 08/26/13 01:49 PM

She gives me the creeps…
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: So CNN big story of the morning - 08/26/13 03:29 PM

Billy Ray & Alan Thicke -

COME GET YOUR CHILDREN PLEASE!!!

(They must be sooo proud!)
Posted by: MrB

Re: So CNN big story of the morning - 08/28/13 07:50 PM

I think you all missed the point of my post. I could give a hoot about how these buzz shaggers performe. My rant is towards CNN which thought it was so important of a news story that they put it on as their top story.

But to continue, I do agree with this opinion piece of CNN tonight.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/opinion/ferguson-miley-cyrus-outrage/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

While I don't see how what she did is such a big whoop, there are many "watchdog "groups that rely on such performances to keep their followers sending in donations . It's big money. I'm not going to check, but I just bet Pat Robertson will be showing her clip on the 700 Club. Then he will shake his head and say "this is truly work of the devil. Send in your money. And let's watch it again"

All of this "negative" exposure does nothing but make folks want to watch it more.

Dave
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: So CNN big story of the morning - 08/28/13 07:57 PM

Quote:
All of this "negative" exposure does nothing but make folks want to watch it more.

Sensationalism is the only way to get ratings.
It no longer matters what the subject is.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: So CNN big story of the morning - 08/29/13 03:27 AM

Uh.. and your point is what? That CNN sucks? C'mon.. I see news outlets reporting low-level sensationalist topics all the time. On both sides of the fence.
In the absence of real news.... we now turn to Hollywood news.
This isn't new... it's been going on for decades.