New dog

Posted by: John Rougeux

New dog - 08/18/13 06:46 PM

Say Hello to Harley, a 8 week old Labradoodle we picked up in Dixon, KY. She's soooo cute!

Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: New dog - 08/18/13 06:59 PM

smile Beautiful new doggie! Congratulations & blessings!
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: New dog - 08/18/13 07:15 PM

Throw the ball? smile
Congratulations, John.
I've heard that the size of the feet determine the size of the dog.
Watch your back!
Posted by: drjohn

Re: New dog - 08/18/13 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Say Hello to Harley, a 8 week old Labradoodle we picked up in Dixon, KY. She's soooo cute!

Hello, Harley! cool
Handsome pup!
Posted by: Celandine

Re: New dog - 08/18/13 08:42 PM

Mixed Breeds are the Finest Kind
and Rescue Pups the BEST!

I hope she & Dusty
become the best of friends. smile
Posted by: DLC

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 05:21 AM

Congrats John.

What's Harley's personality like? (what are some funny / endearing things she does)
Posted by: Jim_

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 10:24 AM

Hi Harley, what a pretty girl. cool
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 10:28 AM

Good looking pup!
Posted by: MrB

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 10:59 AM

"Labradoodle" what a name but it could be called a "Poodore"

Dave

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Congrats John.

What's Harley's personality like? (what are some funny / endearing things she does)

Dave, since we have only had her now for 2 days, it's hard to say what her personality is totally like, but she is a very lovable dog.

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
"Labradoodle" what a name but it could be called a "Poodore"

Dave

I didn't come up with the name, but it sure is a heck of a lot better than what you came up with. wink

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Celandine

I hope she & Dusty

She's not a rescue pup (not sure how that got conveyed across in my post?). We like the thought of her hardly shedding at all, which is what we were looking for when we looked for dogs. The fact that she is totally awesome (so far!) makes it even better.

She does have Chloe to compete with as far as Dusty's attention!
Posted by: Nana

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 02:39 PM

What a pretty dog. Is she the same breed as the dog the prez daughters have? That one doesn't shed at all!

My daughter has a chocolate lab. Kobe was so rambunctious as a puppy, that she had to take him to dog obedient school. Since at the time she had a newborn, her hubby was like, somebody gots to go & it ain't going to be the baby.
School lasted for 8 weeks. Even had a graduation ceremony. I even got an invitation from Kobe. laugh

I would love to get a dog. Love puppies. Everytime I go into Petsmart store, I have to shield my eyes as I pass the adoption center.
However, I am beyond that "take the dog out during snow, rain & God knows what type of weather" person. Reason why I have a "take care of their own damn selves" cat. smile

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Nana

I would love to get a dog. Love puppies. Everytime I go into Petsmart store, I have to shield my eyes as I pass the adoption center.
However, I am beyond that "take the dog out during snow, rain & God knows what type of weather" person. Reason why I have a "take care of their own damn selves" cat. smile

+1 I hear ya'! wink
< Control Click

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Originally Posted By: Celandine

I hope she & Dusty

She's not a rescue pup (not sure how that got conveyed across in my post?). We like the thought of her hardly shedding at all, which is what we were looking for when we looked for dogs. The fact that she is totally awesome (so far!) makes it even better.

She does have Chloe to compete with as far as Dusty's attention!

Sorry,
it looked like a Pound or Humane Society Display Yard
(Pound Puppies make Great Pet Buddies)
I thought you'd be kind enough to rescue a puppy.
Posted by: garyW

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 06:24 PM

Congrats John on Harley, she's a beauty. I remember our long lost pal Sean also adopted a Labradoodle.

On the other topic here…. in tribute to mutts and shelter rescue dogs, here's mine from a few years back (it was love at first sight).

Dogs rule. grin

Posted by: DLC

Re: New dog - 08/19/13 07:43 PM

Hey John, can you teach a 'new dog Old tricks' ?? wink

he , he , he, grin

Re: New dog - 08/20/13 03:20 AM

Chloe was a rescue and we took Justice off of a family that couldn't take care of her, so we have done our share of rescuing. wink

Re: New dog - 08/20/13 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Nana
What a pretty dog. Is she the same breed as the dog the prez daughters have? That one doesn't shed at all!

My daughter has a chocolate lab. Kobe was so rambunctious as a puppy, that she had to take him to dog obedient school. Since at the time she had a newborn, her hubby was like, somebody gots to go & it ain't going to be the baby.
School lasted for 8 weeks. Even had a graduation ceremony. I even got an invitation from Kobe. laugh

They have a portuguese water dog. I have a mix Lab & poodle

Re: New dog - 08/20/13 05:46 AM

1+1=2
Posted by: garyW

Re: New dog - 08/20/13 09:01 AM

Meet Sunny, the Obama's new puppy.

Re: New dog - 08/20/13 10:19 AM

ok. But I don't care about what they have. :P
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: New dog - 08/20/13 10:38 AM

Cool looking dogs. Thanks for the contribution photo Gary.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: New dog - 08/20/13 08:24 PM

Such a sweet couple!

I love that breed.

smile