Back to school

Posted by: John Rougeux

Back to school - 08/01/13 11:16 AM

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield, except without the money.

Starting school in about 2 weeks. Majoring in Health Information Technology that'll get me an Associates. From there, I may go for the Health Information Management, a BA degree.

First up, 3 classes. A general Algebra class since I haven't taken math in 30 years, I figure I need to brush up on it before taking the required Math class. And a Medical Terminology class along with an Intro to Computers class crazy Stupid requirements.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Back to school - 08/01/13 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield, except without the money.

Starting school in about 2 weeks. Majoring in Health Information Technology that'll get me an Associates. From there, I may go for the Health Information Management, a BA degree.

First up, 3 classes. A general Algebra class since I haven't taken math in 30 years, I figure I need to brush up on it before taking the required Math class. And a Medical Terminology class along with an Intro to Computers class crazy Stupid requirements.

Well you know they're makin ya take the computer class because you use a Mac !! wink
Taught by PC Weinies !! laugh

Medical Info is a great field to be in , the medical profession is going through an electronic revolution and there'll be secure jobs for decades.... not to mention about anything with medicine is pretty secure. Great choice John ! Best of luck !! ... now hit the books young man ! wink

My son Nathan works for MediTech in Atlanta and they supply software for all the medical Info Technology !!

Re: Back to school - 08/01/13 01:17 PM

Thanks Dave. Yeah, I was thinking they knew I had a Mac and needed special classes for the Winblows stuff. laugh

Funny thing is, I basically did this as a job for the past 6 years. I digitally archived the psychiatric records. So now I'm just going to make it official and get a degree smile

My hope is that when I'm finished and have a nice job, I can go back to my old employer and thank them for letting me go.
Posted by: cope

Re: Back to school - 08/01/13 05:23 PM

If you get perplexed by the algebra, you might check out the Khan Academy videos on Youtube. It is a wonderful resource for just about any academic subject you can think of.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Back to school - 08/01/13 05:35 PM

Good luck with school, John!

Wishing you many blessings.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Back to school - 08/01/13 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Thanks Dave. Yeah, I was thinking they knew I had a Mac and needed special classes for the Winblows stuff. laugh

Funny thing is, I basically did this as a job for the past 6 years. I digitally archived the psychiatric records. So now I'm just going to make it official and get a degree smile

My hope is that when I'm finished and have a nice job, I can go back to my old employer and thank them for letting me go.

Ha - your old employer... payback is a .... !!! grin

Re: Back to school - 08/02/13 04:12 AM

Thanks! I'll be checking it out
Posted by: MrB

Re: Back to school - 08/02/13 05:26 PM

I concur with the Khan Academy on math. A couple years ago I spent some time on their site trying to find problems with it. I found none. But i did find some creative ways to explain topics. I recommend

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Back to school - 08/02/13 05:50 PM