Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl

Posted by: NucleusG4

Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/24/13 01:28 PM

Wow. Just wow.

She's like.. an adult, already.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/24/13 07:42 PM

Many things I see on the net I just shake my head at and shrug, I've become a bit numb from information overload maybe, but few hit me like that did.

It brings up a touchy subject actually. We're supposed to be tolerant of other cultures, it's the PC thing to do. But when we know aspects of some cultures violate the inherent human rights that all people deserve, it's hard to be open minded.

We know these people are aware that their life is unpleasant. IMO those that think an oppressed person isn't aware of their plight only has their head in the sand so as not to risk being seen as intolerant and non-PC of differences in cultures. These tenets are 100's of years old, outdated, and inhumane.

Something like that. Still kind of absorbing it all.

There have been 7 million hits on just that one on youtube in 3 days.

Re: Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/24/13 09:02 PM

Yet 24 people in here have seen it.. and only one had a response. I'm a bit shocked at that. I guess it was either too much to absorb.. or people just don't care?
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/25/13 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Yet 24 people in here have seen it.. and only one had a response. I'm a bit shocked at that. I guess it was either too much to absorb.. or people just don't care?

Have you also considered that some of us
are waiting for verification that this isn't
what's known as "A Distress Scam" ?

It's a sorry testament to the human condition
but heartless people have been known to exploit
children in more-than-one-way... one of them
being the type revealed as the begging scams
exposed in the Movie, "Slumdog Millionaire".

If you'll notice, people are being asked,
Not To Contact Their Representative, or
International Social Services, or even to
Open Their Home as a possible REFUGE...
...But Instead To "SEND DONATIONS"...

...now...
ask yourself..How Many MILLIONS Of Hits?

just saying --- because frankly ---
I think (so far) everyone else is afraid to ---
(say one way or the other and in so doing, appear
either flint-hearted, or stupid for jumping in
only to be seen as an IDIOT 2 days from now.)
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/25/13 03:33 AM

I saw this on the Young Turks yesterday and when I watched it i cried at my age 69 years old.Just heart breaking to see this 11 years cry out for justice and fairness on her part and others like her.This is the craziness we are confronted with in these backwards countries and their throwback cultures that have to be stopped eventually.

Re: Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/25/13 04:00 AM

Good point.
Even if it is a scam... the rest of the world is debating the video.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=11+year+old...p;sp=-1&sk=
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/25/13 06:37 AM

I realize that, but even if it is a scam, my opinion still stands. Even if it's been going on for hundreds of years under the guise of "religion" people still know when they are being oppressed, and usually can do nothing to change it due to "tradition" in the culture.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/25/13 08:56 AM

Videos like this can break our heart. And there are many similar to this out there. Where do we begin.

Also there are those clips on TV showing the children suffering in the children's aid ads, wanting us to spend penny's a day to support a child.

Also the videos of suffering animals enticing us to support different humane agencies.

I can be overwhelming .

Dave
Posted by: MrB

Re: Heart breaking plea from an 11 y.o. girl - 07/25/13 09:04 AM

As I view the clip and read the text, I gather this is about parents marrying off their young girls . Not just arranging marriages for their children . From what I gather this is somewhat common in economic stricken countries. A way for families to keep the wolf from the door.
That a family would be so desperate to resort to this.

Dave