Bank invasion

Posted by: MrB

Bank invasion - 07/22/13 11:46 AM

So, I went to ATM yesterday to discover my debit card disallowed . Checked my online account to find that someone in Leesberg FL had charged my account just over $320 twice. The bank credited one of them then cancelled my card. I went to bank today to get it straightened . Have a new card coming.

This is the second time in a year.

I don't use it online but use it at gas pumps and other places.

Crazy

Dave
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Bank invasion - 07/22/13 07:11 PM

Are you using the card at the pump or going in side to the clerk...sometimes clerks have skimmers that read your card then they sell the info. waiters who take your card with them to process it are also known to use skimers
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Bank invasion - 07/22/13 07:24 PM

I have 3 accounts, one for the business, the IRS likes to see what I make for some reason, one to pay myself to, and a third sans overdraft protection that I transfer a little bit at a time over to for internet, as I need to make payments, go shopping, etc. I have an app on the phone that I can use to transfer at any time. I keep the bulk of it in the other two whose cards I never use, and I do use bulk loosely BTW. grin

I figure if they see an account with not much money then it's worthless to them.

Re: Bank invasion - 07/23/13 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
Are you using the card at the pump or going in side to the clerk...sometimes clerks have skimmers that read your card then they sell the info. waiters who take your card with them to process it are also known to use skimers

Just at the pump

Dave

Re: Bank invasion - 07/23/13 12:05 AM

Well, that leaves mine out altogether if they are looking at those who have a bundle cry

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Bank invasion - 07/23/13 03:29 AM

Bulk money, eh?
The IT business is good.

I have bulk bills. eek
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Bank invasion - 07/23/13 05:46 AM

Like I said, I used bulk very loosely. grin