Drug

Posted by: Leslie

Drug - 07/13/13 09:45 AM

Quote:
Demonstrators filled the Capitol building in Austin, and state troopers drug six out of the Senate chamber for trying to disrupt the debate. The GOP majority ultimately passed the bill unchanged just before midnight.

I will never get used to "drug" being used in this way.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 09:54 AM

Yes, "drug" looks and feels odd used this way because the correct past tense of "drag" is "dragged." "Drug" has only the medically-related definitions as part of standard vocabulary.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 09:55 AM

And they confiscated tampons and condoms that some women had in their possession because they feared that protesters might pelt legislators with such items. I said this in another thread, but it's relevant here, too: Sick, cynical bastards. mad

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 10:07 AM

Quote:
drug2 (drʌg)

v. Nonstandard.
a pt. and pp. of drag.

That is what I thought also but found this definition in my online dictionary.

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 10:11 AM

That whole situation is disgusting.
Unfortunately people voted for them and this is one of the many sickening consequences
Posted by: MrB

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 10:51 AM

Interesting.

But doesn't surprise meas I've found many grammatical mistakes in online news reports. Much more than I find in printed papers

Dave
Posted by: garyW

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 03:54 PM

If I was a woman in that courthouse I would certainly use a tampon to stick in the republican leader's eye. Hell, the more the better. Standing my ground. If I was a woman in the courthouse and had just stuck a tampon in someone's eye, they'd need to drug me out alright. Just sayin'.

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 03:56 PM

You was drugged out?
Posted by: AusMac

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Leslie
Quote:
drug2 (drʌg)

v. Nonstandard.
a pt. and pp. of drag.

Matters well when you are bogged on a lonely road and a passing farmer says.. you look like you need a drug.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 08:58 PM

Hey we're enjoying this shiiiite... the more the GOP pulls this cr@p , trampling Voting rights, and PO-ing all minorities (who are rapidly becoming majorities- esp here in Texas) the sooner they'll be the "NO party" and not even control a dog pound in this state !!

So let's get this over with ASAP !! grin
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Drug - 07/13/13 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: AusMac
Originally Posted By: Leslie
Quote:
drug2 (drʌg)

v. Nonstandard.
a pt. and pp. of drag.

Matters well when you are bogged on a lonely road and a passing farmer says.. you look like you need a drug.

Yeah, when you put it that way
I wouldn't object to gettin'
drug out of a drainage ditch. shocked