so....

Posted by: John Rougeux

so.... - 07/11/13 05:26 PM

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU[/video]

I thought I would come back here with hat in hand and a sincere apology for anything I might have said that was not nice. Had a major life changing experience June 3rd..got laid off after 14 years with that place.

So now I have lots of time on my hands until school starts next month, so I thought I would come back to this place and see how things were going.

If the consensus is to say "no...leave and don't come back", I'll respect that. But I do miss you guys.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 05:41 PM

Yo, snake-man! (right?)

Welcome back, and nice to "see" you.

smile

Sorry about the job - everything seems less certain these days.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 05:49 PM

Well, it's about time!
You are ALWAYS welcome. cool smile
Sorry to hear about the being laid off… Scares the hell out of me.
How are the snakes? smile

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 05:51 PM

Wow, you guys remember? laugh Snakes are doing well...I'll start a new thread on that.

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 05:54 PM

Quote:
Wow, you guys remember

Just call me Indiana Jones. grin
Posted by: Jim_

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 06:15 PM

Wow, you're the first to ever leave, and then come back wondering who you may have inadvertently slammed the door on. I've never seen such a thing here or in any forum. I'm not sure what to do. We need a hand count. grin

I see you forgot how to post a youtube video too, a little rusty. grin

Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 08:03 PM

Hey John. Sorry about your unemployed status. Hope you get unemployment of something to tide you over.

I'd be interested to know if you ever did anything to improve your back yard. Before you went on Leave of Absence from here I think you were talking pool or deck or some other ideas you had.

It would be nice to get updated on Rusty too (your son in case I got the name wrong).

A lot of folk that you can't find here are over on Facebook. It's nice but they don't have Reboot Jim wink

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 08:06 PM

Quote:
It's nice but they don't have Reboot Jim

Thumbs up! eek
Umm… I mean…
Got that right! grin
Posted by: MrB

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 08:42 PM

So glad you are here. You have been missed.

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: so.... - 07/11/13 09:11 PM

Sorry to hear about the lay off. What schooling are you doing?

About leaving and coming--join the club!

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen

Hey John. Sorry about your unemployed status. Hope you get unemployment of something to tide you over.

I'd be interested to know if you ever did anything to improve your back yard. Before you went on Leave of Absence from here I think you were talking pool or deck or some other ideas you had.

It would be nice to get updated on Rusty too (your son in case I got the name wrong).

A lot of folk that you can't find here are over on Facebook. It's nice but they don't have Reboot Jim wink

Dusty is 13 going into the 8th grade...my how time flies!

I am collecting unemployment.

We went from this:

To this:

Dusty is on a AAU basketball team and so he invites friends over to play. Since we aren't allowed to have a goal on the street (we live on a court), we put this in so that at least I know where he is and plus, we are really liking the pad. The trampolene is long gone.

We thought about a pool, but at the minimum price of $35,000 for an inground one, we instead joined the local club. $75/month is a LOT cheaper than a pool!

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Sorry to hear about the lay off. What schooling are you doing?

About leaving and coming--join the club!

Thinking about Health Information management or some type of computer related classes. Meeting with an advisor on the 29th.

Of course, if I do attend full time, there goes my UI. Which means that I won't be going full time. :\
Posted by: lanovami

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 05:51 AM

Hey, FWIW, I appreciated your honesty when you left. Better than people usually do their exit. And the way you came back in was nice too, though the circumstances aren't so good for you.

Good to see you while you are around. smile

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 05:53 AM

Thanks. I think my work was causing some stress on me now that I look back on it. Now that I'm no longer with them, I'm much more happier than I have been in awhile.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 06:55 AM

Good to see you back...didn't you do some great photography?...might be able to find something part time at least in that field...

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 07:20 AM

Thanks Pirate. I did do some photography, but the market is way down on that too. People want to see nice things but rarely want to pay for it.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Dusty is on a AAU basketball team and so he invites friends over to play. Since we aren't allowed to have a goal on the street (we live on a court), we put this in so that at least I know where he is and plus, we are really liking the pad. The trampolene is long gone.
Less grass to cut too. cool
Posted by: DLC

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 10:30 AM

Sorry to hear that John, frown

Wishing you the best man to get back to it ASAP !
Posted by: AusMac

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 05:18 PM

I'm starting again too but it wasn't because I stormed out or anything. Simply that Somehow the forum forgot about me.

Good to see familiar names and faces.

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 05:23 PM

I've sort of followed the saga--good to see you back!

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
I've sort of followed the saga--good to see you back!

Ah. So you remember me.. smile

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 05:50 PM

You bet!

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 06:06 PM

Hope they are fond memories. wink

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 08:05 PM

hooom hooom smile
Posted by: Celandine

Re: so.... - 07/12/13 10:17 PM