Giant G5 Op Art

Posted by: squareman

Giant G5 Op Art - 06/27/03 11:57 AM

So when are they going to add the G5 handles to this building? <br><br><br>MM story<br><br><pre>** sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn **</pre><p>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Giant G5 Op Art - 06/27/03 12:33 PM

Or make it do this <br><br><br><br><br> <br> <br> <br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Giant G5 Op Art - 06/27/03 12:59 PM

Isn't that what Mac users see when they die?<br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>
Posted by: DavidDraiman

Re: Giant G5 Op Art - 06/27/03 01:15 PM

LMAO <br><br>you have to invert that though, start with the small white apple, and go closer...<br><br>[color:orange]Wake the sleeping giant, Wake the beast,</font color=orange><br>[color:red]Wake the sleeping dog... No, let him sleep</font color=red>

Re: Giant G5 Op Art - 06/27/03 02:32 PM

LOL! Oh no, I've seen it several times this week! <br><br> <br> <br> <br>
Posted by: drjohn

Warning, big file - 06/27/03 02:33 PM

I played two games of Solitaire while that loaded. There's at least one dial up user at this forum.<br><br>drjohn<br>[i]My photographs[i]

Re: Warning, big file - 06/27/03 02:35 PM

Eeek! I'm sorry, I guess you really start to take speed for granted. I didn't even look at the size.<br><br> <br> <br> <br>

Re: Warning, big file - 06/27/03 02:52 PM

Apology accepted. But you do that again and I'm coming down there! Like maybe next February, with my flock of trained, vicious roadrunners. There's no escape.<br><br>drjohn<br>[i]My photographs[i]
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Giant G5 Op Art - 06/27/03 02:59 PM

You make my day. <br><br>

Re: Warning, big file - 06/27/03 03:18 PM

Completely offtopic, but I just don't feel like doing much this afternoon, and your post reminded me of a good story. So here goes:<br><br>TRUE STORY<br>A technician in the department here at UA had a cousin that wanted to get married in Tucson in May a few years back (bad idea already, way too hot). She and her husband live in the midwest somewhere, but they loved the desert foothills around Tucson and thought it would a beautiful place to say, "I do".<br><br>Anyway, they set up a very elaborate outdoor wedding at a fairly pricey resort here in the Catalina foothills. This particular family is also very fond of dogs, and they also worked it out to have their dogs present at the wedding. Seems a bit odd to me, but I'm not a huge dog person. Apparently, (I'd never heard of this one, but I'm also no big fan of weddings) at some weddings in the midwest people will give everyone at the ceremony a box with a butterfly cocoon in it and the company that sells them times it just right so that the butterflies hatch the day of the wedding and when the vows are finished the box is opened and all these beautiful creatures take off. Neat, I guess.<br><br>Well, what they didn't realize is that Tucson is very hot in May, often in the 100s, and as you might expect, the butterflies weren't too happy in their boxes. So, when all the people at the ceremony opened the boxes the dehydrated butterflies just sort of flopped around and couldn't quite take to the air.<br><br>Ahhh, now the good part. As any of you who have read or seen what real roadrunners are like, they are vicious birds! The "raptor" dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were clearly modeled after modern day roadrunners. Well, there are A LOT of roadrunners in the foothills, and when all those butterflies started flopping around the outdoor pavillion the roadrunners started coming out of the woodwork. Several roadrunners were racing through crowds of people to snatch up these butterflies, they didn't even care if people were in the way.<br><br>Then the dogs at the place went nuts trying to get at the roadrunners. So, you had the roadrunners trying to get the dying butterflies, the dogs trying to get the roadrunners and people screaming and trying to get the dogs under control because they were knocking down tables, chairs and people while chasing the birds! <br><br>I would LOVE to have seen that in person, but the woman I know (the cousin of the bride) said it was complete pandemonium! <br><br> <br> <br> <br>

Re: Warning, big file - 06/27/03 04:29 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>but I'm also no big fan of weddings) at some weddings in the midwest people will give everyone at the ceremony a box with a butterfly cocoon<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I'm no fan of weddings either and, being from the midwest, I've never heard of the butterfly thing before. That is one wedding I would have enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the story.<br><br>drjohn<br>[i]My photographs[i]
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Giant G5 Op Art - 06/27/03 06:18 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Isn't that what Mac users see when they die?<p><hr></blockquote><p>RUN TOWARDS THE LIGHT!!!!!!<br><br>