The Tile

Posted by: yoyo52

The Tile - 07/08/13 07:33 AM

What do you think about this little device? It's kinda neat, but also kinda scary as everyone becomes a potential NSA agent. Yeah--I'm exaggerating.
Posted by: drjohn

Re: The Tile - 07/08/13 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
What do you think about this little device?

It's revolutionary and awesome! wink
Posted by: steveg

Re: The Tile - 07/08/13 08:24 AM

LoJack for the absent-minded. wink
Posted by: DLC

Re: The Tile - 07/08/13 09:40 AM

Well Lo-Jack might be better than "No-Jack" sometimes ! wink
Posted by: Pirate

Re: The Tile - 07/08/13 08:00 PM

I see a great potential for some one to track their cheating spouse by slipping one in their pocket or some other out of way place

Re: The Tile - 07/09/13 07:30 AM

Yeah but you'd have to report them "lost" to track them, and then hope they're near people with the App. The Tile range is only 100 ft or so from your phone. Wouldn't it be a hoot if the person with the App was their "mistress" !! laugh

And the Bike thingie- if you were a thief- wouldn't you remove it ? DUH !! crazy
#2 - lasts only about 1 year then needs replacing !

NOT saying it's not worth having- but there are limitations. It's not a Dick Tracey wristwatch !!

Posted by: garyW

Re: The Tile - 07/09/13 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
I see a great potential for some one to track their cheating spouse by slipping one in their pocket or some other out of way place

At first I thought parents will want one to hide in their teenager's car. Just the same, thieves will find a way to exploit this too. But the range of the tile is only 50 - 150ft as Dave said. But I bet Tile 2.0 will have a much larger range. Yep, spy gear for the average nerd.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: The Tile - 07/10/13 07:34 AM

iFind

...wth...?
...they're already using
the "doink-de-doink" music... crazy
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: The Tile - 07/10/13 02:30 PM

I contributed to http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/button-trackr-find-lost-items/x/236303 and am anxiously awaiting my "button trackr". I just like neat toys. If it works, fine. If not, I'll sue them;)

Re: The Tile - 07/10/13 02:38 PM

Careful, Ethel--they know where you live. smile
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: The Tile - 07/10/13 03:08 PM

Soda you know where I live and you haven't bothered me in the last 15 years or so. smile

Re: The Tile - 07/10/13 03:37 PM

Would ALL of you PLEASE DROP this subject !!

I wanna hear about cheap kitchen cabinets for sale ! whistle

laugh

Re: The Tile - 07/10/13 08:40 PM

You can put the little devil into a kitchen cabinet. With the kitchen spammers on the loose, you can never be too careful.

Re: The Tile - 07/10/13 08:52 PM

I KNEW there was an App in there somewhere ! laugh