Man cooks dog

Posted by: MrB

Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 05:53 AM

A man in Florida killed a dog the family kept, then cooked it.

Police arrested him. Wow. Farmers beware. Asians don't wok your family animals.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/30/justice/florida-puppy-cruelty/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I know , folks wil say that it's a cute little animal. Some folks keep other animals that they pet and hug and hand feed. Rabbits come to mind. Then they kill and eat them. Why not a dog.

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 06:28 AM

Excuse me, Dave — but WTF does Asian — or any other ethnicity or race have to do with this story?
Posted by: DLC

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 09:10 AM

I don't think Dave was being racist; just in some cultures (some Asians included) dog is an acceptable meat dish. Not true with most Western cultures. But I'll let Dave do the 'splaining ! wink

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 10:46 AM

Dietary profiling? smirk

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 11:03 AM

Not a big deal. In many cultures dog meat is considered a delicacy . That's all. It's fine with me . Also not every culture in the world has the same culinary appetite as the U.S.

On TV last night they were serving pigs ear sandwiches . I'm sure that wouldn't be cool in many cultures even some here in this country.

My point is, that not knowing anymore than from the article , this man may have been exercising his taste challenge.

Back in Dodge after the influx of Vietnamese, there were rumors around that neighborhood cats and dogs were going missing suggesting that the Vietnamese were harvesting them.

One evening a young student of mine was explaining this over dinner. Saying that in Vietnam food was hard to come by so any meat was welcome. He continued saying that when his people came here they continued to eat what they could. The same boy explained his diffulculty in getting across to America. Of the our bats that started the journey only three made it. One whole boatload drowned but his boat was lucky no one drowned.

Sometimes people are put in circumstances where they need to adapt to survive.

Not sure about this guy though.

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 11:35 AM

In Tahiti, German Shepard puppies are a delicacy! laugh
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 12:55 PM

Hot Dog! grin
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 04:21 PM

Some native US indigenous peoples have been known to eat dog, while my ancestors may have eaten dog I have not...may have had a little puppy soup that I was unaware of....
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
A man in Florida killed a dog the family kept, then cooked it.

Police arrested him. Wow. Farmers beware. Asians don't wok your family animals.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/30/justice/florida-puppy-cruelty/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I know , folks wil say that it's a cute little animal. Some folks keep other animals that they pet and hug and hand feed. Rabbits come to mind. Then they kill and eat them. Why not a dog.

Dave

You got a little too deep again, and of course CNN uses high schoolers for interns, so not the full story.

From what I've read it wasn't in this guy's culture, he just flipped out and killed the family dog. To those of us in Western culture eating domesticated animals is a bit on the far side, and we have animal cruelty laws, he strangled the puppy.

We all understand other cultures Dave, but that had nothing to do with it. This guy has mental issues.

When his mother’s new pet was missing and she found the dog’s head in the garbage and her son boiling the dogs ribs on the stove, she called police. When police arrived Huggins told them that the dog got aggressive so he killed it and cut it up for food. He acted as though he didn’t see anything wrong with this.

He was arrested on animal cruelty charges. His mother said she’s never known him to be violent. His sister said that he had been showing signs of mental illness and he has adopted extreme religious beliefs lately.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 07:47 PM

Yeah this Rottweiler tastes rotten ! sick

OR Oscar Meyer Weinie Dog Hot Dogs ! Put a bark in your backyard party !

"I ain't eatin' no S h i t z u !! smile

Want a light meal? Try some Airedale !

Have some chow chow on your Chow Chow !

OK enough !! grin
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Man cooks dog - 06/30/13 08:40 PM

Not to mention shepherd's pie, eh.

Re: Man cooks dog - 07/01/13 03:08 AM

Not a big deal? Just throw out an ethnic stereotype for effect? Fail.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Man cooks dog - 07/01/13 03:40 AM

Vietnese eat dogs that is a specialty in Nam where i was stationed during the war.They still eat them there until today.

Re: Man cooks dog - 07/01/13 05:32 AM

Which has what to to with a racial stereotype?

Re: Man cooks dog - 07/01/13 01:48 PM

I didn't look further than the link I provided. I presumed there was much more to it.

Dave

Re: Man cooks dog - 07/01/13 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Which has what to to with a racial stereotype?

Was not intended to indicate a stereotype, just that in some Asian cultures dogs are a delicacy . Why would saying this be a stereotype ? I've seen shows on History and cooking shows plus my personal information I related.

Dave