Husband down

Posted by: KateSorensen

Husband down - 06/29/13 08:23 AM

A husband and wife are shopping in their local Wal-Mart. The husband picks up a ...case of Miller Lite and puts it in their cart.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the wife. 'They're on sale, only $10 for 24 cans', he replies. 'Put them back, it's a waste of money', demands the wife, and so he does and they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further on along, the woman picks up a $20 jar of ...face cream and puts it in the basket.

What do you think you're doing?' asks the husband... "It's my face cream. It makes me look beautiful,' replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: 'So does 24 cans of Miller Lite and it's half the price....'

HUSBAND DOWN, AISLE 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Celandine

Re: Husband down - 06/29/13 09:47 AM

Posted by: MrB

Re: Husband down - 06/29/13 10:00 AM

Love it.

But

Wouldn't the husband consume all or much of the beer whereas the wife would be sing the cream for several applications.

Course, the beer works better.

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: Husband down - 06/29/13 10:02 AM

ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Husband down - 06/29/13 10:07 AM

You guys are a stitch! laugh
Posted by: DLC

Re: Husband down - 06/29/13 07:06 PM

LOL- that cartoon is priceless !

so is the joke !

you've heard someone being hit with an "ugly stick"...
well that lady was hit with an ugly Forest !! wink
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Husband down - 06/29/13 10:20 PM

Husband takes the wife to a disco.

There's a guy on the dance floor living it large - break dancing, moon walking, back flips, the works.

The wife turns to her husband and says: "See that guy?

25 years ago he proposed to me and I turned him down."

Husband says: "Looks like he's still celebrating!!!

wink

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
LOL- that cartoon is priceless !

so is the joke !

you've heard someone being hit with an "ugly stick"...
well that lady was hit with an ugly Forest !! wink

have also heard

Fell outta' the Ugly Tree...
...and hit every branch
on the way down! eek

Posted by: Leslie

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 08:57 AM

Curious. All of these are about ugly wives, nothing about ugly husbands.

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 09:05 AM

NO to be fair there are just as many ugly men - maybe more ! eek
Except they look like they were "run over my a Mac Truck" ... some a whole convoy ! laugh

Leslie: And to be precise - the whole thread was started by someone of the feminine persuasion ! whistle

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 09:09 AM

Just made mention there are none here.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 09:10 AM

Leslie.. feel free to post a joke about ugly husbands. There isn't an underlying intent here.. although you are going to find one, I'm sure.

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 09:13 AM

Can't find a joke about an ugly husband, any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 09:41 AM

Quote:
Can't find a joke about an ugly husband, any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

Here's as close as I can get on short notice, Leslie:

One of my favorite commercials, by the way. Kinda reminds me of Mrs. Stumpy and me. grin

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 09:46 AM

LOL !!! laugh laugh

Luckily the tag wasn't on her panties !! blush

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 10:36 AM

Quote:
There isn't an underlying intent here.. although you are going to find one, I'm sure.

Not suggesting there was any intent. Was making a comment on the proliferation of ugly wife jokes compared to the scarcity of ugly husband jokes.

Seems to have stuck in your craw.

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 10:38 AM

Quote:
Leslie: And to be precise - the whole thread was started by someone of the feminine persuasion !

Yes it was but that has nothing to do with my observation.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 10:54 AM

Given traditional gender roles, an ugly woman is funny but an ugly man is not. I was trying to think of the male equivalent of ugliness and the only thing I could think of is poverty. Are poor man jokes equivalent to ugly woman jokes? Anyway, I googled "ugly man jokes" and came up with nothing, but "ugly woman jokes" are all over the place.

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 11:41 AM

I guess it's another case of "target audience"
since men's lives don't generally depend upon
looks alone, there's no real target, thus the
lack of any identifiable humor.

that said;
I think the butt of both those jokes wasn't so
much at being ugly as men getting blind drunk.

Pub Humor. crazy
I guy walks into a bar...
Silly sod, shoulda' watched where he was going!

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Given traditional gender roles, an ugly woman is funny but an ugly man is not. I was trying to think of the male equivalent of ugliness and the only thing I could think of is poverty. Are poor man jokes equivalent to ugly woman jokes? Anyway, I googled "ugly man jokes" and came up with nothing, but "ugly woman jokes" are all over the place.

...now try Googling "small penis jokes"...

jest sayin' whistle

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 05:06 PM

BTW, Doc, hahaha! laugh
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Leslie
Quote:
There isn't an underlying intent here.. although you are going to find one, I'm sure.

Not suggesting there was any intent. Was making a comment on the proliferation of ugly wife jokes compared to the scarcity of ugly husband jokes.

Seems to have stuck in your craw.

Nothing stuck in my craw.. no mor ethan the ugly wife joke stuck in yours.
Just an observation that you seem to be the forums gender police-person. cool

Re: Husband down - 06/30/13 08:01 PM

I think you nailed it - for men there's ugly women jokes; for women there's men with small penis jokes ! blush

Reminds me of a Bill Maher joke I heard the other night. he was talking about young girls getting pregnant and told this story that after several occasions and attempts a girl reluctantly tells her boyfriend, "okay you can put it in but only for a minute", then Maher comments... "Yeah - like a 16-year-old boy can even last a minute !!". grin

I guess there are the "quick shot" jokes too !
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Husband down - 07/01/13 06:39 AM

When a man and a woman get married they become one...only trouble is I could never decide which one

Marriage is just like sitting in a bathtub...once you get used to it it ain't so hot

I did not know I had so many problems until I got married...then I was so glad she was there to point them out to me