Trial of George Zimmerman

Posted by: MrB

Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 01:04 AM

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/28/questions-still-loom-over-george-zimmerman-trial?hpt=hp_t2

I haven't followed it every day but have a couple of them. CNN has a running blog testimony .

From today, appears to me that the prosecution is not trying very hard. They seem to let this witness, Good, off easy.infact I'm not sure iwould have called him. Same with the PA who examined him the day after.

They also let the girl friend of Martin get beat up on the stand by the defense.

Dave
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 02:54 AM

I thought this girl they are cross examining is Martin's friend only not girl friend.She is very slow I see from the answers she gives the atty.This is his job to get to the truth and drill her.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 04:26 AM

The job of a defense attorney is to get his client acquitted. It is not--NOT--to get the truth.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 06:06 AM

I think they're trying to get the defense to put Zimmerman on the stand so they can X examine and bring out the inconsistencies in his story.

There was lots of medical testimony yesterday and I think they're pushing that there was no way Martin pounded Zimmerman's head on the pavement and he ended up with minor wounds. You have to remember the head is very vascular and the slightest cut abrasion bleeds a lot. IF his head would have been ponded as he says he'd have far worse wounds and trauma.

We'll see. It's not over until the "fat guy" sings ! whistle
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 06:12 AM

Is Gov. Christie on the jury? Who knew! wink

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 07:28 AM

A mother hurting.

http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html?/...er-part-two.cnn

I've wondered about this, also. Now I'm more confused.

Martin, I had read, was on his way to his father's girl friend's house when the incident occured. But in the Media all was mentioned was his mother. Now , I see, he also has a step mother . How many women the father have around, anyway. Of, course, it matters none, for the trial, but I like to know how things work.

Dave
Posted by: garyW

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 08:45 AM

A couple of things have yet to be discussed in the trial: the coronor's report said that none of Zimmerman's DNA was found on Martin's unbruised hands …. and Zimmerman was supposedly having his nose beaten and bloodied and his head pounded on the concrete. If that is true, it has been suggested that Zimmerman's bloodied nose was a result of his gun kicking back on discharge.

Also, the defense attorney questioning Martin's friend certianly deserved this response:

“Of course, you don’t know if he was telling the truth or not,” attorney Don West insisted to witness Rachel Jeantel, who was speaking to Martin on the phone just minutes before he was shot by Zimmerman.

“Why would he need to lie about that, sir?” Jeantel asked.

“Maybe he decided to assault George Zimmerman and he didn’t want you to know about it,” West said.

“That’s real retarded, sir,” Jeantel pointed out. “Trayvon did not know him.”

Media blowhards saying Jeantel (black female) is unreliable witness because she lied to Trayvon's family why she didn't attend the funeral ( she said in court she did not want to see her friend's dead body, she felt guilty saying that to the mom). Although yesterday's testimony by Good (white male) was devasting to the prosecution …. although he admitted lying on previous depositions that he saw Trayvon sitting on top of Zimmerman landing "Martial Arts" style blows to his head, yet he said in court he never actually saw Trayvon hitting him. And so it goes.

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 08:48 AM

Bill Maher had a comment about Christie's response to the DOMA decision; Christie said Gay marriage /relationship was unnatural. I think Maher went a little over the line in describing Christie on top of his wife having sex and seeing that as "natural". Crowd enjoyed it but I thought it was over the line. But that's Bill Maher. I bet Christie has some choice words for Maher !! shocked

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 09:51 AM

I thought that it was shwn that Martin had bloody or bruised knuckles.

Also what model gun did Zimeran have?

What were each of their positions when the gun discharged.

I've not heard mention of these

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 10:14 AM

Been watching this trial since day one on HLN.
The trial has gone from "yes sir, no sir" to "whose on top!" smirk

For the record, Jental (sp) is not Travon's girlfriend just a "high school" friend/classmate.
Travon does not have a stepmother. He does have a stepfather as his mother has remarried. Father has a fiance or girlfriend (depends on which media you read).

Quote:
I thought that it was shwn that Martin had bloody or bruised knuckles.

When Travon's body was shown in the court, hands & arms were under the body.

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 11:50 AM

CNN called the woman, his "stepmother" . May she has lived with his father, she think of herself as such.

Has the prosecution said anything about how they were situated when the gun went off.

I was thinking about his being on his stomach with arms beneath him and how he got that way. If he was straddling Zimmerman when the gun discharged, seems he would have fallen over and been on his side or back.

Dave
Posted by: garyW

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 12:40 PM

The witness named Good said Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman using MMA moves --- martial arts moves. Yet Zimmerman was the guy who took MMA classes twice each week at the local gym.

Zimmerman said he was pinned underneath Martin on the concrete walkway where he somehow got a vertical laceration on his head, huh? They look like slashes. Banging his head up and down on concrete and he has a linear cuts as if you bang your head on a car door or the zipper on his leather coat? Maybe the cuts are from Trayvon hitting him with his cellphone? Did the medical examiner say what caused the cuts? There was no blood on the concrete.

Yet Martin is found dead on the grass not the walkway. No indication he got up and walked away after being shot.

There was constant hysterical screaming for help on the 911 call, and the screaming ended with the gunshot. Seems that the person screaming stopped because he was dead.

Posted by: Nana

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
CNN called the woman, his "stepmother" . May she has lived with his father, she think of herself as such.

It's possible that they are currently married. At the time of the slaying, they were not.

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW
The witness named Good said

There was constant hysterical screaming for help on the 911 call, and the screaming ended with the gunshot. Seems that the person screaming stopped because he was dead.

Yes that seems to indicate that the one screaming was shot. Though I suppose the shooter would stop screaming once he fired.

Dave

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 06:50 PM

Here's my beef and I'm not sure if it can be proven or disproven... Travon on top or bottom doesn't prove anything except who got the upper hand after the struggle began. Even if Zimmerman was losing, did he have to use lethal force ? Was it possible to wound Martin?

Who did Travon think Zimmerman was ? a mugger, a thief, a bully ? He didn't know this stranger from Adam !! IF Zimmerman had been an authorized security person- he'd had an ID, uniform, something but as a vigilante citizen he could have appeared to be anything !! How the hell was Martin to know ?? Regardless Zimmerman had NO authority !! He acted recklessly. I at least think he should get convicted for manslaughter.

I don't believe Zimmerman has told the whole story or been 100% truthful- I think he's hiding the facts that he forced the situation, it got out of hand, and he killed an unarmed youth. IF he'd followed the 911 operators advise - the whole thing would have peacefully resolved itself ! He disregarded her, took that risk and it went very bad. SO he's responsible ! From what I've heard about the phone conversation, Martin tried to brush him off.. but I think Zimmerman pushed it because in his mind he'd already decided Martin was a "F-ing punk" ! I think Z's liable !!

We'll see- but that's my gut reaction from what I've heard.
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 07:10 PM

Geez Dave, I'm in agreement again. Wish we could get together for a drink. wink

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 07:13 PM

Well if you're ever in Big D- I'll drive over and buy us some !

WHat part of BC you in ? ... I have Yellowstone & Glacier Park on my Bucket List ! T'aint to fur away ! grin

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/29/13 10:19 PM

Would totally love for you to come and visit. Have lots of room. Let me know when your b.list is moving this way. We live on the Sunshine Coast in B.C. Michele is the cook and I am the bartender.

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/30/13 09:02 AM

Same offer here... Judy is the cook (although I love to smoke meat) and I'll bartend. wink
Can treat you to some real Texas BBQ ! Warning - Don't come in summer - it's damm hot ! laugh
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/30/13 09:06 AM

It's so wonderful when a murder trial unites old buddies around some cocktails.. ahhhh.. whistle

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/30/13 09:12 AM

If only it could happen.

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/30/13 09:13 AM

OK OK - you're invited too Nuke !! LOL !! laugh
Open invitation to ANYONE on the board !

Something good has to come out of this BS (Zimmerman) situation !

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/30/13 09:20 AM

That's the spirit Dave!
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/30/13 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Something good has to come out of this BS (Zimmerman) situation !

Yeah! Like the FL stand your ground law being struck down!

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/30/13 09:43 AM

Stand your ground makes sense in your own home or property, but NOT on the street !

Bullies stand their ground too ! I think that's Zimmerman ! whistle

Re: Trial of George Zimmerman - 06/30/13 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Stand your ground makes sense in your own home or property, but NOT on the street !

Bullies stand their ground too ! I think that's Zimmerman ! whistle

So I guess we are all agreed here, Zimmerman is the culprit.

Very good

Dave