Piers Morgan, one very large member.

Posted by: Jim_

Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/21/13 07:00 PM

Tonight on his program he interviewed a woman looking for her Grandparents, with Piers referring to the fact that the Mayor of Moore says all are accounted for.

He then got the Fire Chief and the Mayor on live and sprung that video on them. The Mayor said it was the first he'd heard of it. Of course the poor Mayor then went on to say they would look into it etc etc.

I turned CNN off at that point.

I just think it was quite tasteless of Piers to try and start some crap at this point in time. My guess is there may be a few unreported, but at this point it seems that the rescue and recovery effort was handled extremely well and these two are under enough pressure as it is. Piers was really out of line IMO.

I lost any bit of respect I had for him.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/21/13 07:28 PM

Morgan edges the line of a respectable host to being another
Jerry Springer. All of the time he goes for the melodramatic .

I dislike the guy, myself

Dave
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/21/13 08:01 PM

Piers Morgan is disgusting. He was definitely part of the UK crap paper scandals and still denies it. I refuse to watch his program.

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/21/13 10:21 PM

I recorded the repeat broadcast to watch it. He was looking for the gotcha.

On another part of his show, they high lighted a dad and his son Gabe who were in the care of a teacher who played her body over a group of students . Morgan asked her what she had done to save them.

She ddnt bite, but her first comments were said directly to the young boy. Talking to him she praised his conduct, telling him how brave he was and the actions he had done to help his fellow classmates.

Now. that is a teacher doing what a teacher does best. It's all about the child. Made me so proud

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 03:03 AM

Morgan is a slightly more even-tempered O'Reilly who exploits his proper British accent as faux respectability. I've seen him call guests with whom he disagrees names like "idiot" and "stupid". That's not journalism it's childishness.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 03:51 AM

Let him go back to England where he belongs not in the states.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 04:21 AM

Too bad when an Uhmerican does things like that we can't tell him to go back where he came from.

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Morgan is a slightly more even-tempered O'Reilly who exploits his proper British accent as faux respectability. I've seen him call guests with whom he disagrees names like "idiot" and "stupid". That's not journalism it's childishness.

Don't recall o'Reilly calling names like that but I've sure heard Morgan use those epitaphs. I didn't know O'Reilly was fro overseas, I thought he was from New York. Learn something everyday.

Of course, I rarely watch O'Reilly . Martin Bashir is another one.

Dave
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 04:43 AM

"Morgan is a slightly more even-tempered O'Reilly who exploits his proper British accent as faux respectability. I've seen him call guests with whom he disagrees names like "idiot" and "stupid". That's not journalism it's childishness."

He did that exactly to what's his name, the head of the NRA, who was being respectful and just trying to make his case. I did not like it. I am proud of Morgan for making a stand about guns, but I have little else to say that I like about him.

He was put on the CNN staff that covered the royal wedding and all he had to offer were tidbits about who was having an affair and who had a coke habit...trash.

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 06:08 AM

In my opinion, if one is to be a reporter, he needs to report, not embellish or make judgements.

But, of course, these guys are not reporters, they are the "star" of their own entertainment show, much like "two and a half men". But instead of using trash as their gimmick they use news topics. Not any different tham Bill Maher, who use news humor.

They are mostly alike: Chrs Mathews, Rachel Madow, Piers Morgan, Bill O Reilly, Sean Hannity, Martin Bashir, all trying to get ratings to earn their ridiculous salorys which in some cases are in the millions.

This is my opinion. I tend not to watch them.

But then, others, watch them believing they are getting the news, slavering on everything their favorite splats out.

And they can be entertaining, at times. Shucks, in the car, driving I've even listened to Rush Limbaugh, and G. Gordon Liddy and even that guy who host those UFO and alien weirdos . Just for kicks

Dave

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 06:22 AM

That was the dude from GOAL that he called "a very stupid man". Morgan doesn't know the difference btwn stupid and wrong.

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 06:22 AM

Says the ex-pat. smirk
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 07:56 AM

Are you guys thinking that what you get on MSNBC or FOX = news? Those folks, all of them, are not journalists. They are entertainers. Even ones who start out as journalists have to become entertainers because their job is to keep an audience on the channel 24/7--and news just won't do that. I was watching a little bit of CNN yesterday while I ate a late lunch, and the station actually switched from Blitzer in OK to some bimbo in Phoenix (Arias?) who was testifying at the penalty phase of her trial and making herself seem to be the most wonderful woman on earth even though she'd been convicted of doing whatever she did to the husband she loved so much. Made me want to puke. So I turned off the tube and read a book.

Re: Piers Morgan, one very large member. - 05/22/13 08:47 AM

Exactly,

And I did s see tht segment. I thought, wow, I needed my Airas fix.

Dave