California fruit and nuts

Posted by: KateSorensen

California fruit and nuts - 05/20/13 10:09 AM

Burglary in Florida

When southern Florida resident Nathan Radlich's house was burglarized recently, thieves ignored his wide screen plasma TV, his VCR, and even left his Rolex watch. What they did take, however, was a white box filled with a grayish-white powder. (That's the way the police report described it.)

A spokesman for the Fort Lauderdale police said that it looked similar to high grade cocaine and they'd probably thought they'd hit the big time.

Later, Nathan stood in front of numerous TV cameras and pleaded withthe burglars: 'Please return the cremated remains of my sister, Gertrude. She died three years ago.'

The next morning, the bullet-riddled corpse of a local drug dealer known as Hoochie Pevens was found on Nathan's doorstep. The white box was there too; about half of Gertrude's ashes remained. Scotch taped to the box was this note which said: "Hoochie sold us the bogus blow, so we wasted Hoochie. Sorry we snorted your sister. No hard feelings. Have a nice day."

- - - - And you thought California was the land of fruits and nuts. wink

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: California fruit and nuts - 05/20/13 10:39 AM

Florida is a lot nuttier, and not just because of this incident. CA may have Gov. Moonbean and the Governator--but check out who FL has for governor!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: California fruit and nuts - 05/20/13 10:50 AM

This Legend started in 1993. Part true, ashes were stolen, all other valuables were untouched, some lines were laid out apparently, but that's all that's true about the story.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/cocaine.asp

Sorry for being a party pooper. cry
Posted by: MrB

Re: California fruit and nuts - 05/20/13 12:46 PM

Stories about stupid criminals are funny. I just never believe them much.

Like the bank robber who gave the teller a tick up note written on the back of hs own deposit slip

Or the robbers who attempted to steal a safe by attaching a tow chain on it attached to their bumper. The safe was so heavy that it yanked off their bumper. They went off with out it leaving their bumper there still attached to their car tag.

Dave
Posted by: Pirate

Re: California fruit and nuts - 05/20/13 01:58 PM

Reminds me of a big bowl of grainola .....full of fruit and flakes