Posted by: yoyo52

A New Hero - 05/16/13 01:53 PM

I'll praise him publicly! My hero!
Posted by: Pirate

Re: A New Hero - 05/16/13 04:29 PM

I'll second that motion
Posted by: MrB

Re: A New Hero - 05/16/13 10:28 PM

So she wasn't phoning but surfing the web? What if someone was reading a book? Or filing her nails? Or knitting? Or sleeping.

When I here about using the phone during shindigs like that, i think of phoning or receiving calls, not using the smart phone for other duties. So this made me think of other non listening intently enough to the performance on stage.

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 02:43 AM

Phones light up, Dave. In a darkened theatre it is a distraction. And if the theatre posts notices that cell phones may not be used during a performance, it means they may not be used to talk, to text, to surf, to scratch ones ass...

Since when is courtesy a bad thing? Since when is it ok to make your own rules in someone else's space?

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 02:46 AM

Technically, he had no right to grab the phone away from her, and she does have grounds to press charges. But good on him for taking a stand. And if she did slap him, he's got grounds to file assault and battery charges against her.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 03:39 AM

He sure was right about this crap using cell phones especially in the movies or watching plays.

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 04:12 AM

Forgot about the light. That would be annoying. Like those theatre attendants dressed in monkey suits walking up and down the aisle with their flashlights.

Dave
Posted by: Celandine

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 04:26 AM

+1

She'd demonstrated a lack of respect for members
of the audience, the actors and even the play-write.

It was up to the usher to ask the young lady to kindly
step out into the lobby if the contact were of a vital
nature, otherwise holster her device for the duration.
Thank you, for your cooperation. Enjoy the play. smile
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 04:59 AM

I'm sure the ensuing ruckus and commotion was distracting to many at the play. He is now guilty of being a major distraction.. as much as she was.

Having said that... he should have slammed it on the ground and done the Pee Wee Herman "Tequila" dance on it....bwwaahahahahaahhahahaaaaaaa........
Posted by: Pirate

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Forgot about the light. That would be annoying. Like those theatre attendants dressed in monkey suits walking up and down the aisle with their flashlights.

Dave

I cant remember the last time I went to a theatre where there were attendants with flashlights

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 06:43 AM

Or monkey suits, for that matter. shocked

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 06:45 AM

Well gee, Dave, those flashlights would preclude your need for a laser sight! I'm just sayin'...

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 07:01 AM

Hehe. Shows he long its been since I've been to the theater. crazy

Dave
Posted by: Jim_

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
What if someone was reading a book? Or filing her nails? Or knitting? Or sleeping.
All except sleep would be hard to do in the dark. grin
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 07:51 AM

Dave.. I turned 51 this week.. and I have NEVER seen dressed up ushers with flashlights, except in the movies.

crazy

Hmmm.. Actually.. I kind of do remember being verrrry young and there being an usher at 1 or 2 movies. Or i may just be confusing with memories of old movies that had them.

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 09:51 AM

To be fair, they're still on the job at them fancy big city thee-aterz. I done seen 'em meself a few weeks ago when I wuz at the Celtic Woman concert in Dayton. They shore wuz purty! An' them Eye-rish gals wuz lookerz, 2! grin

Ok, I'm done channeling Jethro...
Posted by: Celandine

Re: A New Hero - 05/17/13 01:09 PM

They walk you to your seat at THE Theatre & concerts
but only the first trip to your seat, & mainly to check
your ticket stubs against the seat number, but nup,
ain't seen a uniform since I was a kid at the old
Capital Movie Theatre, in Passaic, NJ. in 1953-55?

** I used to live on Monroe St. smile