Quickie Java question

Posted by: carp

Quickie Java question - 05/11/13 01:16 PM

My gal who is new to the Mac - in fact I bought her a used Mac Book Pro 2008 model with Lion.

Anyway she likes the Pogo game web site that has some Java based games. So I went into Safari and clicked (enable Java) and down loaded Java - followed Java instructions - however it still will not install ?

? is there a trick to this ? or maybe I should run disk repair and try again ?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Quickie Java question - 05/11/13 02:26 PM

What do you mean by it will not install? The installer has an error?

Or even after successfully installing Java the game still won't run. If that is the case what kind oif error do you get.

Which game is it on Pogo?

Re: Quickie Java question - 05/12/13 07:38 PM

Bingo luau .

I enabled Java in Safari - down load Java from Pogo - run the Java installer says completed - then go back to Pogo and click on Bingo <- it says we need to install Java.

I also restarted the mac pro before going back to Pogo.

Thanks

Re: Quickie Java question - 05/12/13 10:04 PM

Did you install this one?

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Re: Quickie Java question - 05/13/13 07:35 PM

Okay, something not Mac compatible with pogo and Safari.

That download link I gave won't solve it either. I tried and get the same message you do. I am up to date with everything in 10.8.3.

Firefox crashes, and Chrome can't use Java 7 which is what the game needs.

Re: Quickie Java question - 05/14/13 06:37 PM

Super Thanks,

What she did was a google, Java and downloaded this (Java.applet.plugin) now the games work. However she was getting pop up warnings each time she lunched the games that says = (something running in Java can corrupt files) ? ? So I click on "don't show me again"

So I will run disk repair this weekend and 1 more time the following weekend to see if anything Java shows up as needing repair . Other than that the Mac Book seems fine.

Thanks again.

Re: Quickie Java question - 05/14/13 06:42 PM

Update,

new warning there is something running inside Java that has not been signed by a vendor. (Block) or (unblock) - I blocked it , game seems to be running fine.

Re: Quickie Java question - 05/14/13 07:10 PM

Interesting, thanks for the update. Glad you found the right sized hammer. laugh