Meat- soy switched.

Posted by: MrB

Meat- soy switched. - 05/10/13 06:50 PM

Interesting seems Whole Foods inadvertently switch ingredients in some Vegan and Meat in some products.

http://t.today.com/food/why-vegetarians-are-fuming-over-whole-foods-chicken-mix-1C9870957

some Vegans are upset. So we get the news bullitin.

What I want to know. Why don't they make noise of all the meat lovers who mistakenly ate that Vegan stuff. I say apologize to meat eaters. cry wink

Dave
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Meat- soy switched. - 05/11/13 05:00 AM

Hear hear! laugh
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Meat- soy switched. - 05/11/13 06:51 AM

Cute smirk

doan mean to be a wet blankie... but...
My credo is, "If it tastes good, eat it!"
but mix ups such as these can also effect
say, Jews who can't mix meat with dairy, or
Muslims who can't even touch pork products.

btw, my veg-head GF, Paulette uses 2 of the
WF Markets named in that article, Montclair
and West Orange. Chances are she didn't buy
the dish in question, but I'm not even going
to contact her to ruin her day.

~ nuff sed, as you were ~
as someone with no particular dietary convictions
I find it kinda' funny myself... but then I have
an admittedly f't up sensaumma. grin

Re: Meat- soy switched. - 05/11/13 10:56 AM

Y'all got my feeling on it. Just having fun. I know that folks make light of those who have self relegated restrictions like vegans and vegetarians. I really don't know the difference and that's my failing. Some don't want to harm animals some believe their bodies are better for not eating animal flesh and by products. That's okay with me.

I haven't been in the position to alter my meal planning for guests who were strict that way. But I do have friends and relatives who won't eat certain foods.

My son in law doesn't want to eat pork. Not for religious reasons but for perceived health reasons. But he eats ham i think. Me, I love pork. Their family only eats the white meat of poultry. They just throw the rest away, that is if they don't just buy white meat. My daughter has never liked raw tomatoes . Not even as an infant. We could never even bribe her to eat them. She would skip her favorite desert if she had to eat one tomato slice. But she never complains when served a salad containing them. She just picks them out.

This would be and is my peeve. That those who restrict their own diets want others to do the same.

Me, I'm a definite carnivore . I had a porterhouse steak last night. It wasn't good. It was overly seasoned and was full of gristle. But the salad I had with the meal was excellent. Oh Sigh!

Dave
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Meat- soy switched. - 05/11/13 11:02 AM

Quote:
This would be and is my peeve. That those who restrict their own diets want others to do the same.

Well, doesn't that rule apply to everything in life?

Re: Meat- soy switched. - 05/11/13 11:12 AM

Yep, pretty much.

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Meat- soy switched. - 05/11/13 11:21 AM

The first serious black presidential candidate, Dick Gregory, who was a vegetarian, would say at his fund-raising dinners that he wouldn't know the piece of chicken off your plate if you didn't knock the piece of broccoli off his. That's the way to go, I think.

Re: Meat- soy switched. - 05/11/13 04:47 PM

Broccoli, I wouldn't knock it off his plate or mine. I love broccoli . Broccoli and chicken sounds good together.

Dave
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Meat- soy switched. - 05/11/13 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
The first serious black presidential candidate, Dick Gregory, who was a vegetarian, would say at his fund-raising dinners that he wouldn't know the piece of chicken off your plate if you didn't knock the piece of broccoli off his. That's the way to go, I think.
Know the chicken, knock the chicken, be the chicken, whatever. Damn autocorrect. smirk

I agree. Eat what you want. I don't care what you eat, just stay away from steak. I'll growl. grin

I remember going through a mostly vegetarian phase a few years out of high school, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. I also remember being hungry a lot. It was more like my libido and I decided to give it a try, she was cute, what can I say.

Not vegan, that's for a different frame of mind. I did Dairy, occasional fish, and I did learn quite a lot about nutrition at that time which I've carried with me.