Our friend Swatty needs some support.

Posted by: NucleusG4

Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/03/13 03:53 PM

As you can see on his FB page.. he is struggling. Help pick up our old friends spirit. frown
He is saying he will delete his FB page tonight since he feels like he has become a person that everyone feels sorry for... right after he admits to struggling with depression from all the chemo.

https://www.facebook.com/ed.hinton.52?hc_location=stream
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/03/13 05:07 PM

It seems to be too late frown
the page doesn't display.

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/03/13 05:21 PM

Skip that url.. try this one.

https://www.facebook.com/ed.hinton.52
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/03/13 05:48 PM

Neither url works
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/03/13 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
Neither url works
You have to be logged in to Facebook.

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/03/13 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Originally Posted By: Pirate
Neither url works
You have to be logged in to Facebook.

Yeah.. sorry guys... I thought was a given since "facebook" is in the url.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/03/13 08:12 PM

This is my Swat Cat jigsaw puzzle page.
240 piece puzzle

The treatments folks go thru are so grueling! I had two friends elect not to undergo them. Both had a 50/50 chance of prolonging their lives. But I could understand their wishes not to do the treatments.

That is why I still admire our friend Dave B for his bravery in all he elected to withstand for more time on earth with family and friends.

My sister was midway into her treatments and she asked my sister if she could quit! She said, "Lil, I am so tired and it hurts my back so much." They were trying to reduce the size of tumor in her lung to prolong her life. She quit. Last time I talked to her on the phone she was in hospice and said to me, "Eth, someone slipped me a mickey!" She giggled and died a couple of days later.

Swatty: May god bless you and give you peace and comfort. I was happy to see all our old friends on your Friends page/list. Hang in there. Ethel/Kate

Posted by: MrB

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/03/13 08:31 PM

I live across the street from an elementary school activity ground. It's so neat to hear the children laughing and screaming.

Every day is a gift. Truly is.

But as Tony Soprano said after he was shot. every day is a gift, but does it have to be a pair of socks laugh

Seriously, it is the little things that mean so much to me. This morning I was having breakfast at my favorite restaurant . Elsie, a regular came in . She is 84 years old and walks with a cane. As she got up to leave, the young waitress, ran over to hold open the two doors for her, as well as talking with her. Did my heart good to see her do that. When she came back in she saw that I was watching her. I told her " You really are something!" .

Life can be good.

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/04/13 03:07 AM

Yeesh, I just saw this here and on FB. I hope he can overcome.
Posted by: Lea

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/04/13 05:13 PM

I am so sorry to read between the lines here. I'm just guessin' at what's going on with Swatty, and it can't be good. I'll try to get there through LIttle Sister's FBook account.

Sweet Peeps? What an incredible road we have behind us. From [seriously, am I the only one that remembers? Not.] years ago when we were just a bulletin board on the baby webs to MacCentral [do NOT go there, girlfriend] to MacMinute [OK, now the memories get good] to here [thank you again, Neil and company] it's been a life changer.

I remember when I was really little, I overheard a grownup say stuff about getting older. Everybody you know gets married, has kids and then they die. I thought that was harsh.

Sigh.

I wish I could add more. I post this vid because it really helped me once upon a time. Don't listen too close, the lyrics are . . . Hell. Don't matter. Swatty? I wish I could make you hear this. Maybe somebody here can help me get this message to you.

Don't. Give. Up.

AllMyLoveAlwaysLea
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Our friend Swatty needs some support. - 05/04/13 10:28 PM

A person will hear what a person wants to hear.
A person will speak what a person wants to speak.