Macs in The Hulk

Posted by: bganey

Macs in The Hulk - 06/21/03 10:56 PM

I have never seen so many Apple Cinema Displays, screenshots of OS X in action, an iBook and iMac, Powerbook G4s........it was like they filmed parts of the movie in an Apple Store. <br><br>Good movie too....I give it a solid B. <br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/21/03 11:05 PM

No kidding?<br><br>I saw a bunch of stuff about it in MacWorld and the artwork and technology looked really cool, but the trailer was kinda boring and he looked like a cartoon to me?<br><br>If you say it was good, maybe I'll check it out then...<br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/21/03 11:06 PM

The Hulk wasn't cartoonish at all....he was the best part. I wanted to see more of the Hulk. <br><br>He was so pissed off...it was great. <br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 09:09 AM

It was the most Apple product placement since Jurassic Park and Mission:Impossible 1. <br><br>I loved seeing shots of OS X!<br><br>

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 09:12 AM

I loved the rage...He was doing what we've all felt like doing from time to time:<br><br>To our computers while using dial-up back in the day...<br><br>To slow-@ss drivers in the fast lane...<br><br>To any product that just won't function properly..<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 09:24 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>It was the most Apple product placement since Jurassic Park and Mission:Impossible 1. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Didn't you see the Fox TV series "24" for the last 2 seasons? Macs EVERYWHERE!!!<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 09:35 AM

Macs are everywhere. In soaps, in blockbusters! Wonder if Apple makes empty cases for Hollywood to make it cheaper to buy all those setups.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 09:39 AM

We get a strange little comic strip here, called Non Sequitur, that right now has its characters up inheaven, telling God the story of how they died. Well, I noticed today that God has an Apple computer to control the universe <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 09:53 AM

<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 04:56 PM

Actually, Apple has a PR person whose sole function in life is to get Apple products on TV and on the big screen. She's a lobbyist in the true sense of the word. She's a wheeler dealer who is constantly looking for Apple opportunities. Again, this too, is an area where Apple competes with great gusto to capitalize on the presentation of all things Apple but now finds itself having to share the spotlight with the likes of Compaq and Dell because it all of a sudden dawns on them that "Hey! Wasn't that an Apple Computer I saw?" is pretty powerfull stuff.<br><br><br><br>"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates
Posted by: steveg

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 05:04 PM

A bit of irony:<br>Time-Warner and RoadRunner claim that they don't support the Mac (at least not as comprehensively as that other OS), yet 90% of the "lifestyle with computer" shots in their TV ads show Macs and Cinema Displays.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 06:02 PM

TW and RR don't support the Mac, but the ad agency that makes the commercials sure do!<br><br>

Re: Macs in The Hulk - 06/22/03 08:15 PM

I really didn't catch on to the 24 fever. I haven't watched much TV over the last few years...Seems everything is a crime drama these days.<br><br>Could you imagine if MASH were a current series now? There'd be "MASH: Battalion Aid" on Suday night, "MASH" on Monday and "MASH: Post Op" on Thursday.<br><br>