North Korea

Posted by: yoyo52

North Korea - 03/30/13 09:23 AM

Is one very odd place.

That is all.
Posted by: Lea

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 04:27 PM

I'd rather survive homeless in America than live as a citizen of North Korea. It astounds me that generation after generation can be so completely beaten down. I believe in the human spirit, and I understand the struggle to stay alive. Trust me on this.

But NK? If anyone has some insight, I'd appreciate it. I'm not xenophobic by nature, but I totally do not get it. Oh, wait . . . I think I accidentally hit a note or irony.

What's wrong with me? Why am I not posting Cherry Pie?

wink
LL

Posted by: Jim_

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Lea

What's wrong with me? Why am I not posting Cherry Pie?

wink
LL
I was wondering the same thing. Now you worry me. laugh
Posted by: lanovami

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 04:38 PM

I watch them like a hawk too, considering the distance between there and Japan is about the length of Montana. Creepy stuff. I knew eventually Japan would get pulled it all of this - saying that even if the US as a target is a bit of stretch that US bases in Japan are well in the range of it's nuclear strike capabilities

Not saying that Japan didn't ask for this, the divided peninsula problem stems originally from when Japan occupied Korea from the early 1900s to 1945 and then the US and China/Russia were compelled to fight over who got to be Korea's new big brother to fill the vacuum left by Japan.

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 04:40 PM

But perhaps I wax political? Yes, NK is a very odd place, and that's not all. smile
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 04:46 PM

North Korea has won the coin toss...
They have chosen to receive!

Rt click to embiggen and then clk to zoom.. I can almost see the pilots..!

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 04:50 PM

Looks like it's gonna be a touchback.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 06:12 PM

Quote:
[quote]What's wrong with me? Why am I not posting Cherry Pie?

Noooooooo!!!!

wink

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 06:52 PM

I totally love it when I have an excuse for this. Trust me, I listen to music that makes this sound like the extraordinary classic that it is. Enjoy. And, yeah, Bobby Brown will always be my favorite 80's goddess.

Rock on, y'all ~
AllMyLoveLea

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 06:58 PM

I am myself itching to do another post in the "possible meltdown" thread..

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 07:01 PM

Ah. She really did post it. : wink

Too bad I'm in an "all quiet" place right now.

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 07:04 PM

So that's the way it's gonna be, huh?
Couldn't leave well enough alone?

Take THAT!
<3

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
I am myself itching to do another post in the "possible meltdown" thread..

grin

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 07:08 PM

Lea.
I'm sorry.
But you forced my hand.
(Oh no, you din't!)
wink

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 08:06 PM

OK, Curtis. Let's start another conversation. wink

Me first? The Beatles are easily the most overrated band on the planet. I love you, and I'm not jackin' with you on purpose. I had a similar conversation with Yoyo years ago. He's gentleman enough to forget it. But seriously . . .

Your turn.

Sleep tight, and wake up to great Easter eggs tomorrow. Seriously, sir, and with much respect ~

AllMLoveLea
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 08:19 PM

Well, they can't be bombed into the stone age. They're already there. It would be criminal to bomb innocent, impoverished people over the actions of the few who lead/oppress them.
Posted by: carp

Re: North Korea - 03/30/13 11:28 PM

IMO,

Even if the new leader is young <- he is still surrounded his farther old men cronies who still believes in the old ways.

I say let these old men die off , then NK will start to change.

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Well, they can't be bombed into the stone age. They're already there. It would be criminal to bomb innocent, impoverished people over the actions of the few who lead/oppress them.

Of course... I just posted cuz I thought it was a cool pic of our Forces.
Violence is never the answer.
The Beatles were somewhat overrated... but John Lennon sure had it right.

It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one
Posted by: steveg

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 04:50 AM

Drones.

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 04:51 AM

John was cool. But nobody beats Paul. Left-handed too.

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 04:52 AM

War is over, if you want it, war is over now. But not enough people want it badly enough. Okay so John was pretty cool too.

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 04:54 AM

Hmmm... not sure who was cooler... just needed to reference Lennons' peaceful outlook.

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 06:15 AM

"just needed to reference Lennons' peaceful outlook."

Indeed. I wish the world he had envisaged was anywhere near what he dreamed.
Posted by: MrB

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 10:38 AM

If this were all to take place. Sooner before later, some guy will look at his piece of bread and his glass of water then look at what someone else has thinkin his was more. Then he would try to take it . He would gather a group of like minded individuals to help him. Soon they would control all the bread and water

Dave

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 10:55 AM

LOL.. w/e Dave. There's always going to be bad apples. I guess you don't believe in Heaven either.
It's not meant to be an actual place, what Lennon said, but more of an ideal. A goal.
You could make the same argument for the Bible... and say...why bother with not killing your brother of neighbor...someone's going to do it eventually.

LOL.. I see where you are headed with this...
"He would gather a group of like minded individuals to help him. Soon they would control all the bread and water"
The only thing stoping a bad guy from trying to take all of my bread and water is a good guy with a gun.

I think I'll stick with Lennon...tyvm.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Lea

OK, Curtis. Let's start another conversation. wink

Me first? The Beatles are easily the most overrated band on the planet. I love you, and I'm not jackin' with you on purpose. I had a similar conversation with Yoyo years ago. He's gentleman enough to forget it. But seriously . . .

Your turn.

Sleep tight, and wake up to great Easter eggs tomorrow. Seriously, sir, and with much respect ~

AllMLoveLea

Forget it? FORGET IT?

Why . . . hmmmmm . . . what were we talking about?

smile

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 11:03 AM

Quote:
Your turn.

Nope, my work is done here.
I saw a button and I pushed it. wink
/Troll

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

"He would gather a group of like minded individuals to help him. Soon they would control all the bread and water"
The only thing stoping a bad guy from trying to take all of my bread and water is a good guy with a gun.

Not at all. My thinking is that , from the time man first knew he was different, he set out to acquire things. Actually this began before he knew hewas different . Animals are territorial . Willing to band together to control their area. Lennon meant well, as have numerous others before him, and it feels good to feel safe and content, but there are going to be disputes and some way to resolve them.

Brings to mind a neighbor of ours on the farm. ( yeah, I know I use this a lot, but it fits in a simplistic way) . These were good folks. I played ball with them at high school. But we each had pastures adjacent to each other. Their bull sometimes got into our pasture. Not good since he was a scraggly sucker and our was pure blood registered Hereferd. The neighbor wouldn't keep up his part of the fence. So we had to fence the whole boundary .

People want to protect what's theirs.

Dave

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 01:26 PM

Well thats personal property <-- its to be expected.

NK however is trying to protect a (very old) political view at the expense of their own people. Let them prosper.

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

Not at all. My thinking is that , from the time man first knew he was different, he set out to acquire things. Actually this began before he knew hewas different . Animals are territorial . Willing to band together to control their area. Lennon meant well, as have numerous others before him, and it feels good to feel safe and content, but there are going to be disputes and some way to resolve them.

Brings to mind a neighbor of ours on the farm. ( yeah, I know I use this a lot, but it fits in a simplistic way) . These were good folks. I played ball with them at high school. But we each had pastures adjacent to each other. Their bull sometimes got into our pasture. Not good since he was a scraggly sucker and our was pure blood registered Hereferd. The neighbor wouldn't keep up his part of the fence. So we had to fence the whole boundary.

Dave

Back to my point.. it's an ideal.
It's one thing to put up fences to control animals....
So anyways.. you're saying what? That since there will always be bad eggs in the group... that Lennons idea was...flawed? wrong?

It's the difference between being a pessimist and an optimist.

Quote:
but there are going to be disputes and some way to resolve them.

That's why we have laws and debates and discussions. We don't need bombings and nukes and 30 clip guns and fisticuffs. You speak of mankind since a time when he knew he was different. Yes, different, able to think and reason.

Re: North Korea - 03/31/13 05:53 PM

Well, first of all, I didn't even breathe guns or nukes ,30 round magazines.

And my point, as I said. Is that one of animals basic characteristics was territorial . Maybe not all but large number of species. Shucks even plants show the same characteristics .

Get three animals of same species together and two of them will join together. While I certainly agree that it would be nice to live in a garden where everything is shared equally without discontent . Nature won't have it. Maybe it's survival of the fittest.

For goodness sake, I'm not trying to getin a pissing contest, just sharing some thoughts.

The verses you gave were great. Certainly virtues to aspire to. But even the Beetles were protective of their property.

Dave
Posted by: Celandine

Re: North Korea - 04/01/13 05:48 AM

Among monkeys it's "natural" to battle for territory...
...so is rape and jacking off in public. blush

IMHO
Even though The Beatles were ‘ahead of their time’
...but I agree, that for most, ‘their time’ has passed.

Revolution eventually gives way to Evolution. wink

Re: North Korea - 04/01/13 08:01 AM

At the time they were hot in the 60's I wasn't into them, but later I've enjoyed several of their songs. "Hey Jude" one of my favorites. But I don't profess to be an expert on their music.

Dave

Re: North Korea - 04/01/13 06:59 PM

Meanwhile, in other news.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: North Korea - 04/01/13 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Meanwhile, in other news.
Wow, I'm surprised.

Their propaganda reads like an onion article. grin

Re: North Korea - 04/01/13 07:56 PM

Their propaganda reads like an onion article. grin

Indeed, I have had the same feeling myself. Have you ever listened to the announcers for the national news? Freaking sounding stuff even if you don't know what they are saying.

Re: North Korea - 04/01/13 08:12 PM

I guess ? what surprises me even more is ;

CHINA; their super big (Fat Cat) buddies that just hand them Dog Bones with little meat left. There is something to that relationship ? ?

I mean China can just simply purchase the entire country and they even don't want to waste that money , rather they will just help out here and there thingy as meager as possible.

The real money is in South Korea <- but the US has already buddy up with them.

So the Chinese Commies are left with a (plugged horse) and are really not sure what in the heck you do with it ? ?

Re: North Korea - 04/01/13 10:55 PM

That's good. So we aren't going " to the mattresses " yet.

Dave

Re: North Korea - 04/01/13 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
That's good. So we aren't going " to the mattresses " yet.

Dave

Nope;

Same old (Cold War) Ruskie thingy.

Russia show a force then we show ours <- wash and repeat.

What won that war was economy - > we won.

NK however has nothing of value in any sense <- even China sees this ,, so wtf ? ? NK has been spending on its military for decades at the expense of its people - sooner rather than later NK people will start to revolt in a huge way.
Posted by: DLC

Re: North Korea - 04/02/13 06:14 PM

Is Kim's new line, "Let them eat cake?" . . . yellowcake that is ? whistle
Posted by: Celandine

Re: North Korea - 04/03/13 01:25 AM

As far as China is concerned
It's worth throwing scraps to NK
as it functions to keep us (U.S.)
nervous enough to force us to continue
frittering away OUR country's resources.

Re: North Korea - 04/03/13 09:25 PM

I think your on the right track.