I've Been Robbed!!!!!!!

Posted by: Pirate

I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/18/13 07:51 AM

Got home late last night, and I wanted a snack before I went to bed...looked in the cabinet...soup, no...chili..no..pancakes thats it..no..there was a can of Hormel Tamales...thats it...tamales. So I opened the can of tamales to dump them into a pan and out popped 5 cute little tamales...5??!!! that ain't right...looked at the can again,photo on the front of the can shows the suggested serving with 6 tamales, turned the can around and read the info on the back label...number of servings per can 3...number tamales per serving 2...3 times 2 thats six...
How come my can of tamales has only 5 tamales thats like 2 and a half servings...photo shows 6, serving info indicates 6... I have been robbed! Hormel you owe me one tamale..
UPS, FedEx. US Mail...special courier ...I want my missing tamale
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/18/13 12:05 PM

I smell a lawsuit!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/18/13 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
I smell a lawsuit!
That's probably just tamale gas.
Posted by: carp

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/18/13 05:08 PM

Those rat basturds laugh
Posted by: DLC

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/18/13 06:04 PM

Part of American advertisement !

Ever see those pictures of huge hamburgers from the Fast Food Chains that looks the diameter of a beach ball and you go buy one and it's the size of a slider !! mad

Dang I didn't know I needed a grocery bag full to make 1 meal !! wink
Posted by: MrB

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/18/13 07:27 PM

One of my pet rants.

Once after I received my hamburger fro our local A&W I got out of my car, holding up the other cars, went inside to complain that my sandwich didnt look like the picture shown on the ordering kiosk.
I was told there was nothing they could do. I could lump it.

I don't go there any more

Too bad, too as that's the only drive through burger jointing town. There is a McDonalds but I refuse to eat a sandwich from them. As they have no taste. I doo go to our Sonic Drive in

Dave
Posted by: Jim_

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/18/13 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
One of my pet rants.

Once after I received my hamburger fro our local A&W I got out of my car, holding up the other cars, went inside to complain that my sandwich didnt look like the picture shown on the ordering kiosk.
I was told there was nothing they could do. I could lump it.

You worry me Dave. smirk

Posted by: steveg

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 04:20 AM

Earth to dave...

The law requires that the actual product be photographed for advertising use, and a Home Economist and a Food Stylist must be on the set. The former makes sure that the food is prepared in strict compliance with the recipe and Federal nutrition guidelines (no additives, preservatives, artificial coloring, shaping, etc.), and the latter stages and styles the product to make it look it's mouthwatering best via garnishes, props, and composition only.

In fact, for most liquor shoots, an attorney or paralegal must be on the set to ensure that there is literally no more than 2 oz. of the booze used in any given setup — and the only artifice allowed for beverage shots are lucite ice cubes and extra moisture on the outside of the glass or container.

If fast food chains had HEs and stylists on staff — or professional gourmet chefs — to prep every burger they sling, you'd have to place your order a day or two in advance and pay $300 to have your meal rendered photogenically.

Want presentation? Eat at the Four Seasons. Want a burger and fries for $5, suck up the ugly.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 08:07 AM

cool
Great movie.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 08:10 AM

Be as it may. I understand you are in the business, but come to my local A&W, order a papa burger. Look at the ingredients of what they give you: Notice the thin strip of lettuce, the also thin and small slice of tomato. Notice the equal amount of onion. Then notice how they slapped it haphazardly together. Hold that up to the image on the sign which shows the generous amount of lettuce . The large thick slice of tomatoes extruding enticingly around the burger with onion etc. all of this between plump buns.

This is the reality of it .

And this crap about giving them a by because its only $5 bucks. It might be, but that's not a reason not give value for customer.

Another time I bought hamburgers and fries and drinks at both our Sonic and A&W . Took them home where I weighed them then gave a taste test to determine the "best" buy. They were different but I can't recall which was a better value.

Dave

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 09:16 AM

No one is giving anyone a pass, Dave. It's called expectations meet reality. You're dealing with minimum-wage high school kids with a day of training — not the chef at Che Expensivo — and neither the establishment nor it's employees are held accountable to the photography on the wall. If they give you an empty bun, that's another matter. But if they give you whatever ingredients are pictured and within an ounce or two of the advertised weight, they've met their obligation even if it ain't purity! It's a down & dirty fast food chain. A Ptomaine Palace, if you will. Get over it!
Posted by: Leslie

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 09:30 AM

Quote:
minimum-wage high school kids

$7.25 an hour!

You get what you pay for.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 09:46 AM

Me no fussy. If food move slower than me do, me eat 'em! grin

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 10:01 AM

Hey--I used to work at a Macdonalds when I was in high school, and I took pride--pride, I say!--in the carefully hand-cut french fries that I used to produce. Pride!

whistle

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 10:10 AM

As much pride as salt? Huh? HUH? shocked

Actually, I attended Hamburger U back in the 70's. I worked for an ad agency that had a piece of the regional McD's account, and every agency employee that worked on that business — national, regional, or local — had to take the client's training courses. Prolly why I don't eat much of their stuff even today! sick

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 12:28 PM

I don't come within a thousand yards of any McD if I can possibly help it.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 12:57 PM

I don't come within a thousand yards of any McD if I can possibly help it.

That restraining order still in effect, eh? cool

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 01:50 PM

You found me on the web page, did you?

wink

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
No one is giving anyone a pass, Dave. It's called expectations meet reality. You're dealing with minimum-wage high school kids with a day of training — not the chef at Che Expensivo — and neither the establishment nor it's employees are held accountable to the photography on the wall. If they give you an empty bun, that's another matter. But if they give you whatever ingredients are pictured and within an ounce or two of the advertised weight, they've met their obligation even if it ain't purity! It's a down & dirty fast food chain. A Ptomaine Palace, if you will. Get over it!

That's how it works , now?

Someone got paid a good amount enticing me to order that hamburger. At least it could have looked a little like was shown. But, hey, that's just me. And , guess what I got had more to do with the manager than it did with the assembler of my specific sandwich.

Now don't get me wrong. I understand the work kids do there and I appreciate it. I'm a good tipper when allowed. Not only that but I give words of encouragement to the kids. But when I purchase something I want value for my money. That's why I don't get the Dollar meals. I also remember the cheapo burgers of the late '60s. Those six for a buck. Burgers that one could see through.

Dave

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 06:48 PM

Well here anyway everything cost a buck or two more than over there. So really McDs, Burger King and all , the meal deals are in the 6 to 8 buck range.

I can get a home cooked plate lunch for 5.50 to 8 bucks with fresh seafood combo <- no brainer on value , quality and price . The last time I went to McDs was when Marg was here.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 06:53 PM

Treating Marg to the high life, eh? wink

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 06:59 PM

Our Fav is Whataburger - w jalapeños, but when we lived in GA, Sonic and Wendy's** were the only decent burgers we could get. We tried 5 Guys, Steak N Shake, ... nah ! McDonalds- you're spot on- might as well eat cardboard - it has more flavor ... AND Texture ! laugh

I've heard Smashburger is good, but haven't tried one.

**Not all Wendy's are good - depends on management- but there was one by school that I'd go to after class sometimes- had to wait 5-8 min to get it; but it was HOT off the grill- pretty good.

Sorry to hear about your burger dilemma !! wink

I worked for a burger chain during early College- was called Burger Chef outta Indianapolis... 18¢ hamburgers and 50¢ Big Chef (like Big Mac). I remember in 1966 we had a 10¢ hamburger day on a Saturday that a new Mall was opening up behind us... we sold > 5000 hamburgers that day !! People were buying 10-25 at a pop (and I guess freezing the extras).. I had 2-3 orders of 100! I was dead dog tried after that day !! and didn't make min wage... made $1.10 /hr. The company got around it by some law a that allowed them to count each store as a separate business even though they were corporation !! Rat Bastids went bankrupt in the late 1970s... he, he, he wink Had some good time there though !

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 07:02 PM

Treating Marg to the high life, eh? wink

Nahhh we just went there for breakfast once . She hates Spam with a passion, so I wanted to show her first hand that yes McD's does have Spam on their menu laugh

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/19/13 07:32 PM

In dodge city there was this place called Buzz Inn. It had "hamburgers" that had patties so thin you could see through them. The sandwich was mostly condiments. They were awful.

We have a place here in my town that makes their hamburgers by hand. No prepared patties. They start with a ball of hamburger and flatten it out on the grill. Good burger.

Called Kings Drive in

Another place here that has great burgers is the local restaurant. Nothing fancy just a good amount of meat with abundant veggies. I had one this evening. Not only that but they will cook it to order

Dave

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 10:45 AM

Personally.. I like Hardees burgers.

Don't really know why...

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 12:06 PM

Hard what burgers? blush

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 12:15 PM

Hehe.

The Hardee's in Dodge, had the reputation of being so incredibly slow that folks used it as an example. I had seen cars actually move out of line after ordering and befoe they got their meal. I think I waited 15 minutes once.

Dave

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 03:48 PM

HARDEES. sick .. bleeach !!
As bad as Carl Jr's...

sorry you may have a good one there...but the few I tried were crappy !
And Carl Jr's .... tastes like Jr's patties all right ! laugh

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 03:59 PM

DLC... all of the fast food burgers are sub par.
My post was more about..well.. you know... wink wink.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
DLC... all of the fast food burgers are sub par.
My post was more about..well.. you know... wink wink.

Yeah I know . . . . MILK SHAKES !! laugh

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 06:09 PM

Back to advertising...we have not even touched on the subject of subliminal advertising...I had an artist one time who was a whiz at working stuff into the art work of tires that were featured in my print ads

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 06:24 PM

I never noticed that!

wink

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/20/13 10:28 PM

It is impossible to go a week w/o you men fixating/talking/alluding to sex.
Is it really that big of a deal in your everyday life?
Just asking.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 04:53 AM

Wow... a whole week. Tells us plenty about you. smile

Btw.. what are you wearing?

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 05:12 AM

You men. shocked Sounds pretty SEXist if you ask me... smirk

And, BTW, who's alluding? For some of us old poops, it IS sex! blush laugh

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 07:56 AM

Quote:
And, BTW, who's alluding? For some of us old poops, it IS sex!

laugh

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 06:16 PM

What's sexy about a Milk Shake ? wink

Hey he just gave me an openening and I couldn't resist- I was discussing hambergers to great length before that ! To quote Curley Howard: " I wasa victim of circumstance!! " laugh

An I also agree with SteveG- who's foolin ?? When you're >60 every opportunity becomes serious business ! grin

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 07:19 PM

An I also agree with SteveG- who's foolin ?? When you're >60 every opportunity becomes serious business !

No kidding laugh

I mentioned before , the guys at work get spam mail from young sexy scantly clad women - all I get is spam from (date Seniors.com) , sigh.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 08:18 PM

I've never got spam from scantily clad women. Even when I was young. Course, back then, spam came in a can

Dave

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 08:32 PM

I've never got spam from scantily clad women. Even when I was young. Course, back then, spam came in a can

Dave

..and still does. I was eyeballing a can in my cupboard last night.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 08:38 PM

There is always a can of spam in my cupboard and several individual slice packages of spam as well for a quick snack

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 08:56 PM

How do you use it? What are your favorite recipes? I haven't eaten it in years.

Dave

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 09:27 PM

I fry it up in a skillet and eat it with eggs or put it on a sandwich.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 10:00 PM

I will try that. I will just have to remember to pick some up the next time I'm at the grocers.

Dave

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 10:13 PM

what ever you can do to ham you can do to spam, bake it with pineapple, there are bbq spams right out of the can, spam and bacon, low salt spam and individual slices in a vacuum package

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/21/13 10:25 PM

I don't even look in that food section. I even rarely buy canned tuna even though oneof my favorite quick sandwiches is to take a can of tuna, a couple slices of onion and a pickle then chop them up to mix with some mayo. Yummy

I just forget to stock up with tuna

Dave

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/22/13 03:39 AM

Even Spam for Thanksgiving!

Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/22/13 04:31 AM

That was hilarious!

I like fried spam on a hamburger bun.

I'll have to try the low-salt variety. The regular stuff if pretty salty-tasting.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/22/13 07:10 AM

Well at least iet was Michelle Bachman or Palin !! laugh

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/22/13 06:48 PM

How do you use it? What are your favorite recipes? I haven't eaten it in years.

Dave

Fry spam crisp then slice - add to saimen or ramen.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/22/13 08:00 PM

Go to http://www.spam.com/recipes for hundreds of spam recipes...here is one that I want to try...

1 12-ounce can SPAM® Less Sodium, cubed
5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
2 (4.4-ounce) packages Hawaiian bread rolls, torn
1 ripe fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
5 eggs, beaten
3 cups whipping cream
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup lightly toasted sliced almonds
Directions Launch Kitchen View

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9 x 13-inch baking dish.In large skillet, sauté SPAM® in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/3 cup of brown sugar until lightly browned.Arrange bread cubes, SPAM® and pineapple in dish. Drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter.In medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, 1 cup granulated sugar and vanilla until combined. Pour over bread mixture; lightly press down with fork until the bread is covered with the egg mixture. Bake 45 minutes or until center is set.Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine softened butter, remaining 1 cup brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and almonds until mixture comes together. Spread or press mixture onto a parchment-lined baking pan.Bake 15 minutes or until bubbling and browned; let cool completely. Break mixture into pieces. Sprinkle over top of pudding.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/22/13 08:03 PM

Ya would love Hawaii , its the Spam capitol of the world

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/22/13 08:19 PM

I will have to put on my best Hawaiian shirt when I eat my spam..got a bunch of them...even a few that were actually made in Hawaii, love'em like I love spam

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/23/13 11:46 AM

Cool,

Here ya go.

Spam Musubi

btw - 7-Eleven sells a variety of those here laugh

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/23/13 04:59 PM

and another thing......went to the deli to get some meats for lunch...sign said Virginia Baked Ham....I am from Va so I know what Virginia Baked Ham is like....not what the deli had...a pressed and formed loaf of pink meat....does not even look like a ham should...Virginia Ham is cured with a mixture of salt and brown sugar...this one was not...so I ask the deli owner where he got his hams....Iowa..Iowa? when did Virginia move to Iowa...
now if he called his ham Iowa Baked Ham...thats a different story

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/23/13 08:18 PM

The sign says Virginia Baked Ham, it does not say "We are serving Virgina Baked Ham".
Big difference.
Good goddamthing there are no 'guvment reglations'.
People may have to be responsible for their words and actions.

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/23/13 08:35 PM

I think it was implied that it was in fact Virginia Baked Ham...mostly because the little sign was stuck into the ham loaf meat like a little flag..

Re: I've Been Robbed!!!!!!! - 03/24/13 09:19 AM

Ya misread. It advertised "Virginia half baked ham."

wink