Happy Day of the Shamock

Posted by: Pirate

Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/17/13 07:30 AM

Happy St.Patricks day, put on some geen
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/17/13 07:35 AM

And to you, also, Pirate!

Putting on a string of green shamrock lights today.

The only think that made this day even better is Mrs. Stumpy buying a package of Peeps for me!

MMMMMMMM! laugh
Posted by: carp

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/17/13 08:45 AM

I got some green beer ready to go laugh
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/17/13 09:16 AM

My grass is green.

With some snow on it--but you can see the green.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/17/13 11:50 AM

Happy St. Patricks Day!
Posted by: MrB

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/17/13 07:43 PM

I had forgot about it. I've spent most of my time wondering about the bracket for the NCAA tourney.

Dave
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/18/13 04:21 AM

I had to chuckle at your altered icon, Acumowcheck, laugh
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/18/13 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Stumpy1
And to you, also, Pirate!

Putting on a string of green shamrock lights today.

The only think that made this day even better is Mrs. Stumpy buying a package of Peeps for me!

MMMMMMMM! laugh

Green Peeps?

Ehyeck! Spit! wink
Posted by: DLC

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/18/13 09:49 AM

WHAT ?? a jealous cyclops ? wink

Very funny dude !! laugh

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/18/13 10:49 AM

I sold several cases of green peeps....not to mention red ones around valentines day..and now the traditional yellow ones....they are all over the place...I have one six pack that has been sitting in the cabinet for atleast 2 years...still fresh as a daisy

green cyclops..jealous..dont know...sea sick maybe??
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/18/13 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Pirate

green cyclops..jealous..dont know...sea sick maybe??

Too many green beers?
*Burp*
Posted by: DLC

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/18/13 06:00 PM

he looks in a rage, . . not sea sick ! wink
LOL !!

maybe it was the 'green cheese' tacos from the local Tex-Mex that has him green !

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/19/13 06:30 AM

Think I have some of that green cheese in my fridge right now
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/19/13 07:36 AM

St. Patrick led a pretty interesting life. He was kidnapped from him home in Scotland at 16 or so (he came from a well to do family) and was a slave in Ireland for 6 years while it was still pagan. While there he began to have visions. He would eventually escape back to Scotland in part due to these visions, and then returned to Ireland of his own free will to facilitate the spread of Christianity there, a job which often put his life in jeopardy yet again. The shamrock thing likely came as an analogy he used to explain the holy trinity.

How that led to us pinching other for not wearing green is the real mystery here..

Link

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/19/13 07:44 AM

It's funny, in Japan, as in many places, the US is in the news a lot, and there is little people haven't at least heard about from the US. They love Christmas and Valentine's Day, Mother's and Father's Day etc. But when I tell them about St. Patrick's Day and the pinching thing I get blank stares. This always goes the worst when I am explaining it to a person not wearing green as they start to fear I am gearing up to pinch them..
Posted by: carp

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/19/13 06:58 PM

My understanding your only supposed to pinch a person of Irish ancestry - punishment for non observance of St, Pat.

Now being part Irish and I have Green, brown and blue eyes - I have never been pinched, I always had something green on me laugh

Re: Happy Day of the Shamock - 03/20/13 04:55 PM

Where I lived, anybody got pinched who wasn't wearing green. If you had a lot of enthusiastic people (elementary school days I guess) you could be in a lot of pain by the end of the day.