Hotel California Vinyl

Posted by: Silver_Moon

Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 01:37 PM

Okay, so last Saturday I was given seven vinyl records that were in my aunts shed, six of which were my grandfather's when my dad was little. (I'm still looking for a player.)

One of those vinyls was a 2nd print of Hotel California.

Now there's a misprint on the lyrics that just sticks out at me. (She got a lot pretty pretty boys when it should be a lot of pretty pretty boys) Now my question is, was this on all of the others?

Here Is New Kid in Town being played on the old player in my school's PE office. It's a Califone Prominade II VA 42 from about 1963. Non Hi-Fi and monaural. I recorded it with my iphone so forgive the background noise. (No the needle didn;t skip at the end, I accidentally paused the recording at the end instead of stopped it and it started on a different song) I couldn't find a decent picture of it so here it is playing Blondie.

Here are all of my other vinyl albums.

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 02:44 PM

AAAAAAAHHHH! That's a record raper! That thing will absolutely ruin a good LP!
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 02:51 PM

My copy is the same. I can't find a printing note, but the copyright is 1976.

Re: Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 02:55 PM

What, the califone? I only played it once. Calm down. smile
Posted by: garyW

Re: Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 03:17 PM

this thread got me to pull some things out of storage . some 60s and 70s LPs that'll never get played again. My Beatles White Album is stamped # 242,825. Hot Rats! All my original Gabriel discs were imports that have cool graphic inserts by Hipnosis. The Talking Heads album is the original embossed cover. Heroes epically cool. I see Bowie is using that image as part of his current album release. Revolver is probably one of my first ever back in the days when you could join the Columbia House record club and get the first 12 LPs free, delivered to your door. grin

Re: Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 03:35 PM

King Crimson's Red is maybe the heaviest rock album ever. Kraftwerk's albums created the whole synthpop and disco era. The OMD is vintage early 80's synthpop, as is John Foxx, & Ultravox. Eno's before & After Science and Music For Airports on vinyl I bet that's rare.

Re: Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 03:36 PM

Wow, what I'd give for some of those!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 03:48 PM

Ahhhh.... Kraftwerk.

Fun fun on the Autobahn...

We are pocket calculators...

Computer World...

Show room dummies...

Space Lab.

Thanks for that. I was just reviewing them on iTunes and remembering the time spent whacked out listening to them. LO.
Here's a decent remix I might get for some light workout music.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/tribute-to-kraftwerk-dance/id385394964

Re: Hotel California Vinyl - 03/16/13 04:05 PM

Thank you Stan's Lounge for assisting me in today's styling & desk clutter addition laugh