Facebook Likes

Posted by: Jim_

Facebook Likes - 03/11/13 11:32 PM

This is pretty interesting, not like we didn't know that we are the product, not the user at Facebook.

Be sure to check out this link within the story.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Facebook Likes - 03/12/13 03:24 AM

Like everything else in the digital universe, FB is, above all else, a marketing tool, which for the foreseeable future ensures its function as a profit center. Nice work if you can get it.

I find myself in a love/hate relationship with it. Using it while not enjoying it personally, but marketing on it and convincing clients to do the same.

BTW, been trying the new look. Meh... SOSDD, AFAIC.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Facebook Likes - 03/12/13 05:15 AM

I very rarely do likes. Can't remember when the last time was. Only get on face book every other day or so.

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Facebook Likes - 03/12/13 08:02 AM

So if you click the "you are what you like" link and sign in, you're in effect "liking" that page. To quote my favorite movie, "I smell a rat."*

*Dr. Strangelove, Gen. Buck Turgidson on Premier Kissoff's statement that he didn't know anything about Maj. "King" Kong's B-52.

Re: Facebook Likes - 03/12/13 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
So if you click the "you are what you like" link and sign in, you're in effect "liking" that page. To quote my favorite movie, "I smell a rat."*

*Dr. Strangelove, Gen. Buck Turgidson on Premier Kissoff's statement that he didn't know anything about Maj. "King" Kong's B-52.
No, I did it and it didn't show up in my Likes. I wouldn't do that to you all. I get how this stuff works. smile
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Facebook Likes - 03/12/13 08:37 AM

Ha! You're in on it--no doubt getting a kick back. Ha!

[/tinfoil hat] wink
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Facebook Likes - 03/12/13 11:29 AM

Quote:
To quote my favorite movie, "I smell a rat."

"A dirty, stinking, commie rat!"

Love that film =)

Re: Facebook Likes - 03/12/13 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Ha! You're in on it--no doubt getting a kick back. Ha!

[/tinfoil hat] wink
I make .01 a click. Going to buy a pack of gum with my take.