Ohhh poor old MicroSoft

Posted by: carp

Ohhh poor old MicroSoft - 03/10/13 11:57 AM

Samsung Exec Bashes Windows 8

LOL;

I think the Windows 8 system is no better than the previous Windows Vista platform," Jun reportedly told South Korean media,

These guys finally did something right and still manage to shoot themselves in the foot laugh

Thus there's been no mad rush to upgrade systems and install yet more RAM. Simply because Microsoft has, this time at least, written a fast and efficient OS."
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Ohhh poor old MicroSoft - 03/10/13 04:02 PM

Part of the problem, I think, is that Windows 8 supports touchscreen technology for laptops and desktops--and I can't imagine why someone would want that on a computer. Every time I'd go to the screen to touch something, I'd have to take my hand off the keyboard, which is exactly what I don't want to do. On a tablet, lying flat on my lap or on a table, it's a different story. But on a computer? No thanks.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Ohhh poor old MicroSoft - 03/10/13 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Part of the problem, I think, is that Windows 8 supports touchscreen technology for laptops and desktops--and I can't imagine why someone would want that on a computer. Every time I'd go to the screen to touch something, I'd have to take my hand off the keyboard, which is exactly what I don't want to do. On a tablet, lying flat on my lap or on a table, it's a different story. But on a computer? No thanks.
Egg Zachary. I wonder if the touch screen desktop computer, or laptop for that matter will ever take off. It seems like too much repetitive motion. The arm and wrist in a non-ergonomic position.