Anheuser Busch being sued

Posted by: MrB

Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/02/13 07:26 AM

There is a class action suit going on against Anheuser Busch for watering down its beer. They claim that the alcohol content is 4.7% when the label states 5%. I love the comments on the CNN link

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/01/business/beer-alcohol-test/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Especially one that , in part, states this

"No one should be suing Budweiser for a lower alcohol content, people should be suing Budweiser for calling itself beer."

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/02/13 09:03 AM

Well MrB ... the Clydesdales have had urinary tract infections recently so not only has the supply stream diminished (hence diluting the product), but there's also this "off flavor" from all the antibiotics !!

Please give em a break !!! NOT !! laugh

Posted by: carp

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/02/13 09:19 AM

"No one should be suing Budweiser for a lower alcohol content, people should be suing Budweiser for calling itself beer."

I was gonna say "how" can they tell they watered down that pisss swill laugh

I have not drank a Bud in decades, that stuff is rot gut.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/03/13 04:48 PM

Dont know much about what is the alcohol content is suspose to be but around here 3.2 is what you get

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/04/13 05:37 PM

Yeah I always thought Bud was in the 3.5 range - but the article said 5.0 and then measured out as 4.7 . SO I not sure which Anheuser Busch product (Micalobe) ? maybe a higher end product but certainly don't sound like a Bud or Bud light ?

I just checked a high end local micro brew is 4.4 , cost 10 bucks for a six pack.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/04/13 06:59 PM

Budweiser and Michelob are advertised at 5. They have some that are 5.5 or more, up to 6.6.

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/05/13 07:33 AM

Kinda reminds me of other things that are advertised and dont quite measure up....miles per gallon listed on new car stickers,
horse power ratings, shaving cream that was 11oz, now 10 oz
in the same can as the 11 oz can
Posted by: MrB

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/05/13 09:23 AM

Remember when one could buy coffee in a three pound can. What is it now, 34 ounces?

Of course I buy mine in one pound bags

Dave

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/05/13 05:29 PM

Thanks,

I don't drink beer to get drunk I drink beer for the ice laugh laugh
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/05/13 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
Yeah I always thought Bud was in the 3.5 range - but the article said 5.0 and then measured out as 4.7 . SO I not sure which Anheuser Busch product (Micalobe) ? maybe a higher end product but certainly don't sound like a Bud or Bud light ?

I just checked a high end local micro brew is 4.4 , cost 10 bucks for a six pack.

The high end micro-brews/craft brews that I drink are generally 6.0 to 10% ABV (Alcohol by volume). 4.4% is rather weak.

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/05/13 05:40 PM

Hummm , yeah I guess they are weak . Going to look at the other local micro brands tomorrow. If they are all sorta 4.4 , thats like price fixing ? ?
Posted by: DLC

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/05/13 07:02 PM

I'm with you - I love Victory Golden Monkey- >9.0% but very smooth !!
Next October I'm going to the National Beer Festival in Denver with my son (the Chef)...
They have >2000 brews / micro brews ! Hope to find some new gems !! wink

Bud, Coors, Old Milwaukee, etc have booths out in the animal barn whistle

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/05/13 09:29 PM

Bud, Coors, Old Milwaukee, etc have booths out in the animal barn

Sounds great Barn Wheat laugh give us a full report

Re: Anheuser Busch being sued - 03/06/13 06:00 AM

Local micro...produces a good product called Three Blind Mice...
we cant get enough of it in the store