Adidas' new uniforms

Posted by: MrB

Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 11:31 AM

I guess it's not enough that some schools wear unions that arnt their school colors. Like when K-State, whose colors are purple and silver, wear black on their away games when Purple is quite nice and dark.

But Adidas is promoting a new style. WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING.

Kansas, coach, Bill Self has said yesterday that KU will wear them once, maybe, during the Big 12 Tourney but will defer to tradition for most of their games

These are silly

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/201...-zubaz/1953549/

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 11:49 AM

I think they're great! Seriously. cool Stay inside the box long enough and you'll suffocate.

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 02:05 PM

Hehehe

As I was posting this I was thinking it would be a marketer's dream. So was thinking you would love the idea.

Love this land where we can have such diverse opinions.

Dave

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 02:07 PM

But, me also, I still am not crazy about the long pants the have been wearing since the early nineties.

Dave

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 02:12 PM

I'm not looking at it from a marketing position, but purely from the fashion and design angle.
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 02:58 PM

I'm with you on this one Steve.
Think they look fine.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 04:14 PM

Va va voom. Without an exclamation point.

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
I'm not looking at it from a marketing position, but purely from the fashion and design angle.

I understand but these are uniforms. Basketball is about the game not who looks good in their clothes.

By far, IMO, the worst uniforms are whatever the Oregon Ducks are wearing in football.

Dave
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 06:18 PM

I like them. They're trying to keep up with modern styles. Actually through the years/decades every sport has changed styles to keep up with the times. My guess is the ones making the decisions on when they wear them are the elders that are set in their ways and not the students or players with the eye for current trends, the ones they should be catering to.

As far as the longer pants I'd say it's more of a functional thing. For one, as compared to shorter tighter pants, when the longer looser ones bunch up during some of the gyrations they put their bodies through there's less pinching in the vital areas, know what I mean Vern? Also if one hits the deck you don't have a sweaty sticky thigh or knee sticking to the floor, less chance for injury. I would think the longer sleeves would serve the same purpose as long as they didn't restrict motion.

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 06:18 PM

I think it says something when people watch the Super Bowl just to see if the halftime entertainer has her breast show.

I just shake my head

Dave
Posted by: carp

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 06:21 PM

I like them too.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 07:29 PM

Well they hurt my eyes to look at them too long, but I do like them...almost like my beloved Hawaiian shirt collection. bright,colorful
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/01/13 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
I like them too.

The breast? or the uniform?

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/02/13 03:32 AM

Dave, if the game is the hero for you, it shouldn't matter what the players are wearing. None-the-less, what's so terrible a/b staying current or even a bit ahead of the curve aesthetically? confused

Re: Adidas' new uniforms - 03/02/13 07:50 AM

I think, deep down, for me I feel the messing with the uniforms is more for selling uniforms then it is to enhance the sport.

All about making the almighty dollar.

But, seriously, if I don't have a fan ship with a team and I tune to one of their games. If they are wearing , what I call, "stupid" uniforms I am likely to watch something else. I brought up the Oregon football team as example, because they have had some gaudy uniforms over thelast few years.

Now, if KU plays I will watch whatever they wear.

Dave