Why no webcast

Posted by: yoyo52

Why no webcast - 06/19/03 09:28 PM

of [color:red]the event</font color=red>?<br><br>Is Apple afraid that the demand would be so high that we'd bring the whole internet crashing down??<br><br>So what?!?!?!?!<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 09:30 PM

didn't we get a URL at the last minute from a 'source' the last time?<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 09:31 PM

The only logical explanation I've heard is that the tickets to this event are very expensive and that Apple thinks they deserve first shot at the new stuff. But, if its on satellite (and possibly Tech TV), I don't see the point. <br><br>Overall, those keynotes really win over mac fans, I think they would be better off broadcasting it too.<br><br>

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 09:45 PM

Let's hope we get a source!<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 10:08 PM

Yeah, and if not at least on TechTV! <br><br>"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "
Posted by: morserj

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 10:10 PM

These days Apple tends to not broadcast most events anymore on the web. I think its because they don't think the bandwidth expense is worth it. They still do MacWorlds I would imagine because its sorta been a tradition.<br><br>Maybe MSNBC will cary it in Windows Media Player again <br><br>Ryan<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by morserj on 06/20/03 01:12 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 10:17 PM

Anybody going to watch it live on tech TV?<br><br>If you can point a video camera at it, I'll stream it<br><br>

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:04 PM

Do you know if it will be on TechTV? If so then i will be watching. Sorry though, i have no webcam/DV camcorder.<br><br>"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:19 PM

Crap, I've got a camera but no Tech TV. What a bunch of stooges.<br><br>I had heard it was on Tech TV but not verified? Man, this is going to be a sweet show. If you guys have an Apple Store nearby that would be really fun.<br><br>

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:22 PM

Go to an Apple store and use their cameras and bandwidth to stream it! <br><br>"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:26 PM

No Apple store in Toothson. <br><br>drjohn<br>[i]My photographs[i]

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:29 PM

Unfortunately, the nearest one to me is over two hours away <br><br>

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:30 PM

1 1/2 for me, but i don't know if it is being broadcasted there.<br><br>"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:31 PM

I am an hour and a half from the Mall of America store, but I think thats too much of a drive just to see the keynote, then turn around and drive back.<br><br>Ryan

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:33 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>i don't know if it is being broadcasted there.<p><hr></blockquote><p>http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=29779 for a list<br><br>Ryan

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:34 PM

Well, you get to play with all of the new toys... errr umm... PowerMacs! <br><br>"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:35 PM

Thanks for the link. <br><br>"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:36 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well, you get to play with all of the new toys... errr umm... PowerMacs! <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I am sure it will take the Apple employees a while to unpack the machines, and put them on display. They might not even get put out until after the store closes that night.<br><br>Ryan

Re: Why no webcast - 06/19/03 11:41 PM

You know they will open the boxes at 12:00:01 on monday! <br><br>"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "
Posted by: sean

Re: Why no webcast - 06/20/03 06:19 AM

i have techtv, but i get the feeling it won't be on techtv. i *should* be around that day, so we'll see. i notice that the university of kansas is broadcasting the event...i knew i shouldn't have moved. <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Why no webcast - 06/20/03 07:08 AM

Darn, I went to go check out the list and the forums are closed due to traffic.<br><br><br>My Stuff
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Why no webcast - 06/20/03 09:11 AM

but I think thats too much of a drive just to see the keynote, then turn around and drive back<br><br>So, you can't find ANYTHING else to do for a few hours in the largest mall in the US of A...?<br><br><br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>

Re: Why no webcast - 06/20/03 09:16 AM

then I'll webcast showing my TV off. it will be a sort of subtle protest to not having a live keynote <br><br>

Re: Why no webcast - 06/20/03 09:38 AM

The King of Prussia store, only an hour from me, won't be showing [color:red]the event</font color=red> .<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Why no webcast - 06/20/03 02:55 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>So, you can't find ANYTHING else to do for a few hours in the largest mall in the US of A...?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, there is shopping, shopping, and more shopping and a roller coaster and a flume. But, I have been to the mall enough to make all that stuff relatively boring. But then again a trip to the Apple store is always worth a visit . Your starting to talk me into it.<br><br>Ryan

Re: Why no webcast - 06/20/03 02:58 PM

Ahh, back when is was a 50 bus ride to the MoA! <br><br>That place was huge and i still got tired of it very quickly. <br><br>"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. "

Re: Why no webcast - 06/20/03 07:27 PM

To paraphrase Pres. Reagan on redwoods: If you've seen one store, you've seen 'em all.<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"