iPad heat question

Posted by: MrB

iPad heat question - 02/13/13 09:08 PM

I have a gen 3 iPad. I have it in a Saddleback case

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/iPad-Case?sc=8&category=16779

I love the case. Full grain leather fits it perfectly. Strong and tough and beautiful. But I've been wondering if it may be keeping the iPad to hot. The leather is thick, full grain, not just the top. Like belt leather. It fits snug. Not made to slip in and out for use. Seems the leather holds the heat in.

Will this affect the iPad, you think?

Dave
Posted by: Leslie

Re: iPad heat question - 02/14/13 10:01 AM

Not at all.
Have mine in a very similar case and no problem whatsoever.
Posted by: steveg

Re: iPad heat question - 02/14/13 10:21 AM

You sure you didn't pick up a slice of toast by mistake? laugh

Re: iPad heat question - 02/14/13 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
You sure you didn't pick up a slice of toast by mistake? laugh

LOL. Maybe, the other day I dropped some egg on it while drinking a glass of milk. Does that mean I now have French Toast? laugh

Dave
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iPad heat question - 02/14/13 10:29 AM

Does it feel like it's getting hot. The biggest thing you can do to keep the temperature down on those is to keep the screen brightness down. It's like on laptops, if you keep the screen brightness down as far as possible for your eyes it also extends the battery life significantly. The screens are the biggest battery hog.

There are sensors in it that will shut it down if it gets too hot BTW.

Re: iPad heat question - 02/14/13 10:30 AM

Thanks Leslie. I love my case. Of course I like leather. I have several leather oats and jackets. It's rather pricey at about $115, but should last forever. It's guaranteed for 100 years, I guess.

I highly recommend it.

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: iPad heat question - 02/14/13 06:54 PM

Don't worry Dave if it gets too hot use it as a heating pad ! I know you have some aches and pains that could use the therapy ! laugh