Trigger burgers?!

Posted by: Jim_

Trigger burgers?! - 02/10/13 05:51 PM

Tastes like chicken? I guess it must taste similar to beef.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/10/13 09:33 PM

So they are calling it "contamination ". Funny definition of the word if you ask me. To me "contaminatin" would be if you set a beef patty down on a cutting board that was just used for horse meat patties. Mixing the beef patty with a third horse meat or more goes way beyond that .

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/11/13 03:28 AM

I expect to see Whoppers running at Belmont this year. grin
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/11/13 10:52 AM

grin
Posted by: DLC

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/11/13 02:53 PM

Neigh, neigh . . say it ain't true ! whistle
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/11/13 02:54 PM

Back when I was a young grad student, one of the delicacies still served at the Harvard Faculty Club was . . . horse steaks. Left over from the menu during WW II. I bet it has disappeared by now, though.
Posted by: carp

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/11/13 05:38 PM

It's just another meat laugh that normally goes into dog Fud.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/12/13 07:10 AM

We had a big flap around here when a horse slaughter business wanted to come to town...would have generated 100 jobs or so, thing is nobody wanted it in our backyard, so city council voted it down, heard they finally set up shop in OK. One of the concerns was where the meat was going, company said France and for pet food,
but some records of the company indicated the meat went to
a place that also made human food

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/12/13 08:16 AM

I would give them a try. I've not eaten much "exotic" meat.

Beef, pork, chicken, turkey, shrimp, varity of fish,crab, squirel , Rabit, raccoon,lamb,quail, pheasant, prairie chicken, snake, bison, venison, frog, turtle

And not much except the first six.

Can't remember eating crawdads. Or exotic fish. The fish I've eaten have been the normal consumer varieties, haddock, snapper, tuna, flounder, and some fresh water. But since I'm not a fisherman, I've eaten little of the typical freshwater catches.

Dave
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/12/13 12:49 PM

Don't let Mr. Ed find out, or there will be Wilburgers.

(I'll show myself out).

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/12/13 06:11 PM

Beef, pork, chicken, turkey, shrimp, varity of fish,crab, squirel , Rabit, raccoon,lamb,quail, pheasant, prairie chicken, snake, bison, venison, frog, turtle

My exotic foods. The same as yours - except the raccoon, squirrel, snake, prairie chicken <- I did have fighting chicken.

Add to my list, antelope and ostrich.

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/12/13 08:24 PM

A prairie chicken is basically a grouse.

I've had very little venison. Growing up, deer were rare in SE Kansas. But certainly not rare now. Very plentiful. Dangerously plentiful, in fact.

Dave

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/12/13 08:31 PM

Well you got 2 ways for bagging a Deer - Ram it - or shoot it laugh

I would prefer to shoot a Deer over ramming one ?? apparently ramming is preferred over there laugh
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/13/13 07:55 AM

Originally Posted By: carp
Well you got 2 ways for bagging a Deer - Ram it - or shoot it laugh

I would prefer to shoot a Deer over ramming one ?? apparently ramming is preferred over there laugh

Deer ramming keeps the body shops working year round

Re: Trigger burgers?! - 02/13/13 02:28 PM

I think deer ramming is the Midwestern sport. It just might replace wrestling which has been removed from the Olympics.

Dave