Granny on the stand....

Posted by: NucleusG4

Granny on the stand.... - 02/09/13 10:02 AM

Never ask a question if you aren't prepared for the answer.

Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached herand asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I doknow you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly,you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife,and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. Youthink you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll neveramount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was ayoungster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'The defense attorney nearly died.The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Granny on the stand.... - 02/09/13 02:41 PM

True dat!
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Granny on the stand.... - 02/09/13 02:55 PM

Gotta love little old grandmas
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Granny on the stand.... - 02/09/13 06:14 PM

Young children and the elderly; open, honest and forthright.
Why does that disappear in the middle years?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Granny on the stand.... - 02/10/13 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Leslie
Young children and the elderly; open, honest and forthright.
Why does that disappear in the middle years?

Cuz we're trying to get laid? blush crazy
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Granny on the stand.... - 02/10/13 07:22 AM

Could be...I think that the young and elderly have a certain freedom....and afterall freedom is just another word for nothing else to lose
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Granny on the stand.... - 02/10/13 09:40 AM

Forgot about that part.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Granny on the stand.... - 02/10/13 03:06 PM

Heheh! grin
Posted by: DLC

Re: Granny on the stand.... - 02/11/13 02:55 PM

LOL that's a KILLER (no pun intended) !!