Monopoly s new token

Posted by: MrB

Monopoly s new token - 02/06/13 08:01 AM

The Cat.

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/02/0...of-the-box?lite

But they eliminated the Iron.

I guess three were up for elimination, the iron, the shoe and the wheelbarrow . I'm glad it wasn't the wheelbarrow, that's my piece I use. But they could have easily taken out the Thimble or the Top Hat. Those are boring .

Wheni first got the Monopoly ap it had the Prius as an extra but when they upgraded it when the iPad 3 came out the Prius went to te hybrid scrap heap.

The monopoly ap has interesting demise sequences when a player goes bankrupt. By far the most interesting is the battle ship

Dave
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/06/13 09:16 AM

Why mess with tradition... I liked the iron, but these days with permapress cloths no one uses an iron....it is almost impossible to get one in the store let alone have a choice of two or three brands and features

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/06/13 11:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
Why mess with tradition... I liked the iron, but these days with permapress cloths no one uses an iron....it is almost impossible to get one in the store let alone have a choice of two or three brands and features

Like how important is a Top Hat now a days, also? Or battleships, either, I suppose.

Maybe they should change them all: cell phone, computer, hybrid car, digital camera, credit card, soccer ball, apple logo

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/06/13 11:44 AM

I think you're onto something Dave.... call Parker Bros.

I thought they had some weird ones (thimble & shoe) ... I always liked the car or the ship.

BUT..I sure am glad they left the thimble !!

Boehner, Cantor, McCain, and McConnell can still use it for a Dunce cap !! whistle

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/06/13 12:19 PM

They couldn't have gotten rid of the top hat--that's Mr. Monopoly's symbol!

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/06/13 02:48 PM

I guess you are right. It's for Mr Moneybags

Dave

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/06/13 02:53 PM

That's the guy's name!
Posted by: MicMeister

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 04:20 AM

Another good argument for keeping the top hat is that when you're broke, you can turn it upside down to symbolize you being a beggar.

OTOH, why not add a whole bunch of alternate extras on the digital app instead of getting rid of any old ones. Twintip skis, snowboard, a daredevil biplane, tablet computer etc. could be added IMO.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Pirate

A lot of people are going with small steamers. It takes less time and is less harmful to the clothes. You can steam an hours worth of ironing in about 10 minutes.
Posted by: carp

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 08:35 AM

I think ya on to something.

Why not add more modern playing pieces with the board and the app games - just gives more choices ?

MrB,

The app game do you play yourself against the app - or with others ? Just wondering how that works.

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 12:58 PM

Both, I play by my self with three AI opponents. One can also play with others on the same network or online I think.

It has three levels of play from easy to hard. I've not played Hard as according to reviews is very muched slanted against the Human players in favor of the AI opponents. I can believe this as the Easy level is the reverse.

Example. During a trade, I can usually get any payer to sell me a property I want. Some times for under original price. Also once the Human player completes a monopoly with houses, the dice of the AI players have them land there.

On the middle level, this is not that way. And the rolls seem to be more random.

But it's fun. Good play, good animation of the tokens, especially when they lose. The battleship is the best. It goes down like the titanic. The top hat just deflates thus my previous vote or its demise.

I also play the Scrabble game. Different levels there also but still challenging. With that game I use a Scrabble Cheat site to generate possible words.

Both worth the measly price of a two or three bucks

Dave
Posted by: garyW

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 01:10 PM

Really, people are reacting as if losing the Monopoly Iron is as bad as losing Twinkies people will start hoarding Monopoly games asap. Have no doubt that someone will start an online business selling Monopoly Irons and they'll get rich quick because of the hype. laugh

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 01:15 PM

You'll have to take my iron from my cold dead hand!
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 01:35 PM

laugh

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
A lot of people are going with small steamers. It takes less time and is less harmful to the clothes. You can steam an hours worth of ironing in about 10 minutes.

That's very ironic !! whistle

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 04:29 PM

I haven't tried any computer versions of the old board games, but does Parker Bros make an electronic form of Clue ? I always like that game.

Col. Jobs in the Library with an iPad !! wink
Posted by: garyW

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52

Literally, laughed out loud.

laugh

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 06:38 PM

Hehehe!

Well, monopoly players don't need an iron. The number of tokens must be reduced as crazy monopoly nuts will hurt other folks. I know the token nuts keep saying, "tokens don't hurt people, players hurt people" but it's just common sense that if we get rid of the number of tokens, players will be safer. crazy

Dave
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/07/13 10:48 PM

Not in these parts MrB....you can go to any good pawn shop and buy a new or slightly used monopoly token, of course there is the mandantory back ground check and one week waiting period...but the wait is worth it to some monopoly players...little known fact is some tokens can be taken home the same day if they were bought at a traveling monopoly show held in some larger cities

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/08/13 03:54 AM

Don't worry.. the Monopoly board is sealed in plastic and the blood of children will wash off quite easily.

It's always easy to make a sh!tty anaology.

Re: Monopoly s new token - 02/08/13 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: garyW
Originally Posted By: yoyo52

Literally, laughed out loud.

laugh

Same here... quick wit, that Yoyo...