Posted by: MrB

My pick of commercials - 02/03/13 09:02 PM

My pick of the few good commercials on game. This was especially nice

Dodge Ram commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2wil3yuZ7U

Dave
Posted by: SleeveTugger

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 01:53 AM

I didn't watch the game or many of the commercials, but when this one aired, I was glued to the set. LOVE IT!
Posted by: Nana

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 10:51 AM

My favorite

The cougar & the young stud coming out of the bathroom stall was priceless!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: steveg

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 12:02 PM

"For the farmer in all of us."

Nice concept, if not a ton presumptuous. Good production values, but really just a pretty slideshow. The Paul Harvey voice track is wonderful. But that tag line... Keep the entire spot intact, but just change the logo on the closing slate to Carhartt, or John Deer, or any other product that's easily associated with a rural or labor-centric demographic, and nothing really changes.

The spot has most of the ingredients for high recall. But I'm betting not so much for the brand. And especially at Superbowl prices and audience numbers, that's a big fail.

But hey, it's that one time of the year when advertisers are willing to pay outrageous sums of money just to prove they're tragically hip with flaming hair. Meh...

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 03:05 PM

Well, that was my favorite. But, I agree, it was hard to pick out what the were selling.

Of course, the same for several. The beer ads, to me could have been any brand. Except the Clydesdale one.
Calvin Cline always has the same homoeroticism . Turns me off the brand right quick. Of course he knows who he's selling.

Liked the VW one.

But one of the best was not even a product ad but for the Big Bang Theory, wit the cast dressed in football uniforms. Sheldon whispering to Leonard that his pads go UNDER his uniform. Then Penny whispering,"The cup too"

Very Funny

Dave

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 03:24 PM

I haven't even had time to look at the others. I have no doubt that there was some exceptional work, and maybe if I just look at them as a consumer, I'll have a different reaction. But I have a bad habit of looking at them as a creative judge and dang it's fun being the curmudgeonly old party pooper! grin

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 05:51 PM

Well, you come at it as an expert. I just watch them for the entertainment aspect.

One that someway turned me off was the guy cracking nuts. I ddnt recognize the , asi understand it, very popular song .

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 06:27 PM

Apparently this one didn't make it on the air. Absolutely NSFW!!!

linky
Posted by: Nana

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 06:45 PM

I'm stealing that one! whistle
Posted by: Jim_

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
But I have a bad habit of looking at them as a creative judge and dang it's fun being the curmudgeonly old party pooper! grin
Well, if you want it done right, call in an expert. smirk
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 06:55 PM

Skeeting Skittles...
Give me some sugar...lol
Posted by: carp

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/04/13 07:42 PM

To be honest I watch the entire game - and did not see a commercial that I would remember today. Sorta ho-humm to me with a yawn. Even bouncy did not impress me , guess I am getting old laugh

The only thing I kept thinking was some SF player pulled the power cord to the stadium - sorta to trip up the Ravens which did work but the Ravens still won laugh

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/05/13 04:16 AM

Yep, I say poop and you come a-runnin'! laugh

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/05/13 04:17 AM

Can't imagine why it wasn't aired. blush
Posted by: Leslie

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/05/13 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Can't imagine why it wasn't aired. blush

Did nothing for me, and I like skittles.
Guess you have to be straight to appreciate it.

Re: My pick of commercials - 02/05/13 10:00 AM

I don't know what's to appreciate. I'd think hundreds of hard, 1/4-inch disks shooting out of my you-know-what would be pretty painful! eek