Super Bowl Sunday

Posted by: Pirate

Super Bowl Sunday - 02/03/13 05:52 AM

It is that time of the year...super bowl sunday....not a huge football fan these days...last team I kinda followed was the Washington Red Skins back in the early 1970's under Joe Gibbs reign
this year I will be working a long day, usually sundays I get a good 4 hr shift but the store is expecting huge sales because of the super bowl and I get to work an 8 hr day..more money for me.more ID's to check for beer sales....dont have to check Id's for potato chips
Posted by: carp

Re: Super Bowl Sunday - 02/03/13 09:23 AM

Don't forget to check for Mr Banana slicers and PlayMobile stations ;D
Posted by: MrB

Re: Super Bowl Sunday - 02/03/13 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: carp
Don't forget to check for Mr Banana slicers and PlayMobile stations ;D

So is Pirate going to be put in the position of asking, "are you glad to see me or is that a banana slicer in your pocket?"

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: Super Bowl Sunday - 02/03/13 12:25 PM

I could care less about Super Bowl. I just watch for the commercials and the half time show.
Getting sick of the half time concerts featuring folks who should be collecting a SS check. Even if they are good.
whistle

SIDEBAR: Can't stand Bouncy. However, I must admit she will be bringing what has been missing in the half time shows - glamour & bootylicious dancing. laugh
Posted by: steveg

Re: Super Bowl Sunday - 02/03/13 12:35 PM

I'm with you. Even the ads have fallen well short of expectations in many cases. It's TCM for me.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Super Bowl Sunday - 02/03/13 06:49 PM

Got home and went straight to TCM..skipped the commercials...did not sell one banana slicer
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Super Bowl Sunday - 02/04/13 04:40 AM

It was a pretty good game, it was on in the morning here, so I taped it and just finished watching it. The coolest part was the 36 minute blackout. Bouncy (will have to remember that Nana!) is not my favorite, but she certainly put on a good show. It looked like SF (who I have hated since their dominance in the 80s but figured I would give a break since they hadn't been there in 18 years) was going to pull it off.

Lots of firsts, too. You probably heard them all though.