DELIVERY!!!

Posted by: steveg

DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 07:35 AM

Oy...
Quote:
Dear Customer,

This email is coming to you as a reminder concerning your pending package that has been with us for a long time. As you already know that this package is containing an International Certified Bank Draft in your name and in the amount of $2.7usd.

This email is to let you know that our delivery team has finally carried out delivery of your package. The package left COTONOU BENIN on 07/12/2012 and since on the 7st of December, 2012 it has been in Louisville, Kentucky, United States awaiting custom clearance.

To track your package, go to www.dhl.com and insert the tracking number below to view delivery status.WWW.dhl.COM TRACKING NUMBER:(1059858951 )on the tracking page you will see that this package is going to a wrong address.

This is because you have refused to give us your cooperation. You are hereby advice to provide us with the below details so we can immediately have it sent out to our delivery man in Kentucky.
YOUR NAME (IN FULL):_............................
YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,_
YOUR DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER: .............................
YOUR NEAREST AIRPORT............................
YOUR AGE....................................

Please note that you are required to provide a redirection fee of $170USD which you are to make available to this office via WESTERN UNION or MONEY GRAM INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER in the name of our accounting officer stated below.

RECEIVERS NAME:.................... Aniemena John
TEXT QUESTION: .........................COLOR
TEXT ANSWER: ....................................BLUE
AMOUNT $170
MTCN?

Upon receiving your correct details and the redirection payment MTCN from you, we will immediately notify our regional depot and the Airport Authorities in USA so that the package will be redirected to your correct address immediately.

Give me a call on Tel: +229 67780579. This is important and as such your immediate response will do you good. You can also email our dispatch office at (dhlcompany191@yahoo.com.sg)
Management,

MR.Emma Frank
(c)Dhl Online Management Team.
All rights reserved.
(c) 1995-2012
Tel: +22998838372

crazy
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 07:57 AM

2.7 USD??
LOL

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 08:07 AM

Just for shˇts & giggles, I entered the tracking # on DHL's site (not the links in the email eek). It's apparently an actual shipment, but sent to a woman in Indiana. I called DHL and they had me forward the email and a PDF of the tracking page to their fraud department.

BTW, if you scan halfway down the email, it says I can have the "package" forwarded to me for a $170 redirect fee — paid to one Mr. Aniemena John! shocked

Pretty clever. They set up a straw shipment so it looks legit, and some poor dumb schmuck will take the bait.
Posted by: MrB

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 08:36 AM

Well he does say

"Give me a call on Tel: +229 67780579. This is important and as such your immediate response will do you good. You can also email our dispatch office at (dhlcompany191@yahoo.com.sg)"

That it will do you good

Dave
Posted by: Leslie

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 08:37 AM

Quote:
some poor dumb schmuck will take the bait.

Many will. Greed is a profitable business.

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 09:19 AM

I'm tempted to establish a straw gmail account and email this fine gentleman a few hundred long paragraphs of "lorem ipsum dolor..." greeking — and hit resend a dozen or more times. grin

Back in the day, I had a sinister method for dealing with junk fax: If the sender was dumb enough to include a fax-back number, I would feed a sheet of black construction paper into my fax machine, advance it through the feed rollers enough to tape the leading and trailing edges together to form a tube. Then hit send and go out for lunch! laugh
Posted by: Leslie

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 09:32 AM

Bad, but good.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
I'm tempted to establish a straw gmail account and email this fine gentleman a few hundred long paragraphs of "lorem ipsum dolor..." greeking — and hit resend a dozen or more times. grin

Back in the day, I had a sinister method for dealing with junk fax: If the sender was dumb enough to include a fax-back number, I would feed a sheet of black construction paper into my fax machine, advance it through the feed rollers enough to tape the leading and trailing edges together to form a tube. Then hit send and go out for lunch! laugh

Ha!
Posted by: Nana

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 10:24 AM

Quote:
MR.Emma Frank

My mother's first name. Last time I checked she was still a female and using MRS. laugh
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 10:35 AM

Congratulations, Steve--you pay 170 bucks and get 2.7 bucks back. What a deal!

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 10:37 AM

U-betcha! We's talkin' margin, Baby! cool
Posted by: carp

Re: DELIVERY!!! - 02/01/13 11:46 AM

Aha,

So thats why you never got my fax I sent a lunch time laugh