Probably not true

Posted by: yoyo52

Probably not true - 01/29/13 03:56 PM

But it should be!!

Quote:
Mt. Vernon, Texas, Whorehouse Sues Local Church Over Lightning Strike!

Diamond D's brothel began construction on an expansion of their building to increase their ever-growing business. In response, the local Baptist Church started a campaign to block the business from expanding -- with morning, afternoon, and evening prayer sessions at their church. Work on Diamond D's progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the whorehouse and burned it to the ground!

After the cathouse fire, the church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of prayer." But late last week 'Big Jugs' Jill Diamond, the owner/madam, sued the church, the preacher, and the entire congregation on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of her building and her business -- either through direct or indirect divine actions or means."

[censored]!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Probably not true - 01/29/13 04:30 PM

Quote:
Mt. Vernon, Texas, Whorehouse Sues Local Church Over Lightning Strike!

Diamond D's brothel began construction on an expansion of their building to increase their ever-growing business. In response, the local Baptist Church started a campaign to block the business from expanding -- with morning, afternoon, and evening prayer sessions at their church. Work on Diamond D's progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the whorehouse and burned it to the ground!

After the cathouse fire, the church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of prayer." But late last week 'Big Jugs' Jill Diamond, the owner/madam, sued the church, the preacher, and the entire congregation on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of her building and her business -- either through direct or indirect divine actions or means."

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently and voraciously denied any and all responsibility or any connection to the building's destruction. The crusty old judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply, and at the opening hearing he commented, "I don't know how the hell I'm going to decide this damn case, but it appears from the paperwork that we now have a whorehouse owner who staunchly believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that thinks it's all bullshˇt1
Modified the bullshˇt to get by the stupid censor bot here. Option-! to make the ! upside down so it looks like an i.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Probably not true - 01/29/13 04:39 PM

If nothing else it is a good story
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Probably not true - 01/29/13 04:50 PM

Anyway, LOL. Are they all Republicans? Actually, it is the church that believes in the power of prayer, now they say it doesn't work.

And for Diamond D's just because their whores does it mean that they don't belive in God? Sin all your life and say I'm sorry at the end, right?

I saved the that for future use. A saved keystroke is a happy keystroke.

Uh huh huh huh. I said stroke.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Probably not true - 01/29/13 05:25 PM

Thanks, Jim--I never considered the word inside the passage!
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Probably not true - 01/29/13 07:06 PM

Now that's funny! laugh
Posted by: carp

Re: Probably not true - 01/29/13 07:36 PM

I don't think it says in the bible that it is a sin to be a whore ? I mean , it may point to values and morals to direct people away from that profession - but never said that GOD will bolt you with lightning ?

After all even Jesus was thought of camping out with a whore on one of his travels ?

Anyway;
With Big D , moving into a religious Christian hood <-- I betcha where most her business is coming, hence for the move --> I am sure them Christian wives burnt down their competition.

IMO
Posted by: MrB

Re: Probably not true - 01/29/13 10:15 PM

There are many that say Jesus was married. And that Marry Magdelin was not a prostitute but that it was the Catholic Church maligning her.

Dave