Posted by: KateSorensen

Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/28/13 06:18 PM

Keep your eyes on the golf ball. . .

Posted by: carp

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/28/13 06:35 PM

eeeeehhhhhhh, that water was nasty.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/28/13 07:31 PM

I mean. What did he really expect would happen, since he was standing on the slope, leaning dwn the slope ten swinging which gives hs body the torque to propel him forward.

Just physics.

Funny as hell.

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/28/13 07:31 PM

laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: DLC

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/28/13 08:08 PM

I'm with you MrB, you don't have to be a mathematician to see the outcome of that physics problem !! The Kermit shot !!

laugh laugh

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/28/13 08:33 PM

Well, that and effects of Murphy's law.

Dave
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/28/13 08:35 PM

Mehhhh...
Posted by: steveg

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 04:02 AM

HA! That takes me back to the mid-70s. One of my neighbors was a semi-pro golfer, and he and I played every weekend. But we packed more than our bags on the cart. A bottle of Chivas sat in the utility box btwn the seats, and we would kill that bottle before we'd done 16 holes! Falling into water traps was almost routine! eek laugh
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 06:39 AM

Slap stick comedey at its best....shades of the Three Stoges

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
HA! That takes me back to the mid-70s. One of my neighbors was a semi-pro golfer, and he and I played every weekend. But we packed more than our bags on the cart. A bottle of Chivas sat in the utility box btwn the seats, and we would kill that bottle before we'd done 16 holes! Falling into water traps was almost routine! eek laugh

Not to mix sports here, but when we lived in mid-nowhere Illinois, the only entertainment regularly available to us was bowling. Not that any of us was good at it, but what with a beer or six it passed the evenings. But we warned people: don't stand behind Dr. Z when she was up for her turn at the lanes. In fact, if at all possible, leave the building. After that 6th beer, you never know where her ball would end up going.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 10:28 AM

Too bad there wasn't a BowlMore lanes like the one in Union Sq. in Manhattan. On one floor, all the lanes have dayglow pins. They turn out the lights, except for the black lights over the pinsetters. Imagine being hammered or stoned and trying to aim in the dark! eek

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 10:33 AM

That sounds groovy, man!

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 10:50 AM

With that situation, more than the ball might end up in the gutter. cry

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 12:10 PM

Who is thinking about physics when playing golf? confused
Tiger Woods does not count. whistle & a couple of wink
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Not to mix sports here, but when we lived in mid-nowhere Illinois, the only entertainment regularly available to us was bowling.
Bowling is like golf, it takes a lot of balls to play a game/round, except bowlers have heavier balls.

Will I ever grow up.

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 06:39 PM

Quote:
Will I ever grow up.

I think we'd all prefer if you didn't.

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Quote:
Will I ever grow up.
I think we'd all prefer if you didn't.
There's one more thing off the bucket list, thanks.

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 07:02 PM

Your welcome.
Posted by: carp

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
I mean. What did he really expect would happen, since he was standing on the slope, leaning dwn the slope ten swinging which gives hs body the torque to propel him forward.

Just physics.

Funny as hell.

Dave

To be honest a (really) good golfer would remain balance through out the stroke. Watch any big game golf tourney those guys always remain balanced in any terrain.

This guy was drunk to begin with and his choice to take the shot is very questionable - instead of taking a DROP due to ball being on steep terrain <-- I don't think this guy was NOT a golfer to begin with , even when sober ?

IMO

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
To be honest a (really) good golfer would remain balance through out the stroke. Watch any big game golf tourney those guys always remain balanced in any terrain.
Your taking it way to serious. It was a made for youtube video.

It's all about the views. I have a customer that makes around $1000-1500 a month from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IrenaScott/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/29/13 10:22 PM

It has been said that on one episode of Johny Carson, he ad both Arnold Palmerband his wife. Legend as it Johny asked the wife if she did anything special before a match to give Arny good luck

She said that she kissed his balls.

Me I don't believe it at all. I think she licked his driver or maybe his putter. Or polished his wood.

But that's me. I could be wrong.
Dave

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/30/13 06:46 AM

Think the entire video was staged

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/30/13 02:07 PM

My daughter said, he had to have had 9 shots of vodka to wear those pink pants!

wink

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 01/31/13 07:00 AM

Only 9?...if I mix colors and whites together in the wash I get all sorts of neat color pants the first time...doesnt matter they go with my hawaiian shirts

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 02/01/13 11:34 AM

I stopped at Macy's over in the big city capitol Salem yesterday. Was shocked at the colors of pants! All shades of red, pink, orange and any other flashy color. Must be the rage for this Spring.

I just wanted to buy some tops so I wouldn't have to wear my usual advertisement tees. I'm usually a walking billboard.

Didn't buy anything. Too overwhelming were the choices. [Your probably wright about that horrible sentence construct. wink ]

Posted by: Leslie

Re: Hurt my cheeks laughing! - 02/01/13 12:58 PM

Quote:
My daughter said, he had to have had 9 shots of vodka to wear those pink pants!

9 shots per guy. That's a lot of booze on this field.