DJango. Two words.

Posted by: steveg

DJango. Two words. - 01/20/13 01:07 PM

See it. cool
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/20/13 01:39 PM

Wasn't going to but on your recommendation, I will!

Posted by: Nana

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/20/13 02:06 PM

Very entertaining as all of Quintin's movies are.

Click to reveal..
Samual L. Jackson said motherfu¢ker only once!

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/20/13 03:05 PM

I saw it because my daughter wanted to. I really wasn't interested. But I owed it to her because she saw Zero Dark with me, even though she wasn't all that keen on it.

Boy were my expectations ever blown away! Yeah, plenty of Tarantino's signature splatter. But a great story well executed! You'll enjoy.

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/20/13 03:35 PM

I wish Oscars would have a tie for best movie -- Zero Dark 30 and Abe Lincoln!!

They were both so great.

Posted by: DLC

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/20/13 09:13 PM

OK Steveo ! Ya convinced me. I know you're a "tough act" ...so if you liked it - it's gotta be good !!

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/21/13 09:57 PM

Wow, it is really a long movie, but again, I didn't fall asleep as it kept my attention at all times. Very good movie but won't get any of my coveted awards wink

Great special effects. Really big shoot 'em up movie! No horses were harmed in the filming of the movie and none of the actors were actually killed! Pretend and fake, realistic looking blood and guts.

Felt no urges to harm anyone once I got home to my snug abode. wink

Posted by: Leslie

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/21/13 11:46 PM

Quote:
Felt no urges to harm anyone once I got home to my snug abode.

Good to hear. Will you send an email to the NRA telling them that?
Posted by: MrB

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 04:51 AM

I've seen movies I wanted to throw things at. Of course some movies are from directors of which I should know better to watch. Then when I do I want to hurl mysel.

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen

No horses were harmed in the filming of the movie

The horse Jamie rode was his own personal horse (not the one he rode bare back). Did you notice the horse trick at the very end of the movie? Or was it during the credit roll?

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Nana

The horse Jamie rode was his own personal horse (not the one he rode bare back). Did you notice the horse trick at the very end of the movie? Or was it during the credit roll?

Yeah, that was so neat and just before the credits began to roll! smile

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Leslie

Good to hear. Will you send an email to the NRA telling them that?

Will I write a letter hoping to change the mind of NRA and their lobbying? Will it make a difference? Well Obama was going to try his best at doing away with lobbyists and discovered it was not an easy thing to do. I think my writing a letter, or even if thousands of others like me wrote also, would influence the snarky folks of NRA to mend their ways.

Just to be clear:

The NRA has its good parts and not so good parts/administrators. In its beginning [in the old wink days] I believe the intentions were 90 percent clear and good. Things have gone terribly wrong and off track.

Many of us members still believe we need/want/like an organization for the support of sane gun handling/ownership. I am one of them.

The public is getting inundated with the filth of NRA. I know I am in the minority here in believing that being a gun owner does not make one bad/supportive of killings/lower than a slug's body.

When I came home from the movie, I turned on the TV and AirForce One was on. I like Harrison Ford, so I started watching. I've seen it multiple, multiple times before. No longer than 10 min into the movie, a trusted man on AF One whips out a hand gun with silencer and shoots two others dead! This movie and many like it have played in theatres and on TV for more than 50 years, and seen by millions and millions of theatre goers. Before that time, it was Roy and Gene shooting bad guys, and Bogart and others in prison killings.

I do not think those things contribute [by large] to a person deciding to kill another.

As I write this I am watching live another college campus shooting. Just north of Houston, TX. I believe NO gun controls currently being considered would/will stop these things from happening. I am not saying I am against gun control and adopting currently considered options. I am all for them!! I am for them and support them! It just will not stop the killings.

The best way to me seems to be the mental health approach. But, mental health and treatments have always been top concerns for the people of the U.S. and my city too. We can do more. But it isn't going to change things quickly. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Just know, Les, and others here, that I am with you in spirit that the killings must stop. And no, I will not be writing a letter. <-- Actually, I just did, only I wrote to use guyz wink

Love you all,
Ethel/Kate

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 01:09 PM

Quote:
I believe NO gun controls currently being considered would/will stop these things from happening.
And that, Kate, is THE biggest misunderstanding of all. And you are just one of so many who are not seeing the real and future point.

You are absolutely right to say that none of the proposed measures would have stopped the tragedies of the past several years — even if they had been law for, say, five years by now.

But over time, as the guns and ammo and troubled folk who fall through the cracks gradually go out of existence, these measures gain more and more traction. If every measure proposed were signed into law today, it would probably take another ten years — even a generation — for a the results to be evident and lasting. There will always be criminals and emotionally unbalanced people. But in time, if they have less access to extreme weapons, whether because of bans or screening or better mental health treatment or a combination of any or all, there will be fewer and fewer terrible incidents.

It ain't about results right now Kate. It's about starting a process right now. smile

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 01:22 PM

Your point is accepted by me, Steve. I said:

Quote:
I am not saying I am against gun control and adopting currently considered options. I am all for them!! I am for them and support them! It just will not stop the killings.

If I had ended last sentence with "stop the killings now." I believe I would have said very similar to what you said:

Quote:
{steve} But over time,

So, I agree with the precautions, laws and regs, just as many other persons, but know that

Quote:
I believe NO gun controls currently being considered would/will stop these things from happening NOW. But over time

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 02:47 PM

Don't mince words with me, Kate. >:p

laugh

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 06:45 PM

Please don't use that word around me. I hate knives.

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 06:54 PM

Owie owie owie... shocked

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/22/13 06:55 PM

knew you'd like that one . . . .

Posted by: Leslie

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/23/13 07:26 AM

Ewwwww Kate.
It is either a great imagination or art.
Either way it is "interesting".
Posted by: MrB

Movies do have an effect on viewers - 01/23/13 09:23 AM

I think it strange that Holloywood will say on one hand that violent movies have no effect on anyone's future actions then come right around to say that movies have a profound effect in other cases.

If its a moving show, like , like "the help" or "the Mighty" or "Pay it Forward" or so many others the movie could really affect how some one lives.

Is it too hard to consider that a violent one would do the same thing?

I just watched (well partly ) the movie, "Project X", . From wiki I read that after the movie was shown there were several real life parties like the one in the movie.

So yes watching a movie could very well effect someone to commit an act , either good or bad.

By the way, I mentioned the movie , "The Mighty"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mighty
Because I've even thinking of those two boys and how they helped each other.

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/23/13 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Owie owie owie... shocked

OK Steve.... don't look her in the eye, and back . . s l o w l y . . away !! wink

S L O W and easy, now !

Re: DJango. Two words. - 01/23/13 08:36 PM