Continents

Posted by: Leslie

Continents - 01/17/13 12:09 AM

Don't know why but I have always found it interesting that except for Europe, all the others start with A.
I'm lumping north and south as America.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 04:14 AM

Huh. I never noticed that before.

Europe should be changed to Aeurope!

grin
Posted by: MrB

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 06:10 AM

They all end in "a" except Europe and its been called "Europa" haven't it?

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 08:18 AM

OMG Dave, you're right !! shocked

I smell a conspiracy here !! grin

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 10:12 AM

It's all Obama's fault.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 11:39 AM

You notice that Obama ends in "a." Definitely part of the conspiracy. But what's not known to many people is that originally his name was Abama. There's a record of his name change in the Nairobi Times, but the lamestream media won't publicize it.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 12:03 PM

Is that so, Al? smirk
Posted by: carp

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 04:28 PM

It was race to see which would get first listing in the encyclopedia laugh
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 04:40 PM

Verrrrrry interesting

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 05:26 PM

Didn't you guys hear the story that his real name was really Aama (pronounced Ah- ama) and to hide the conspiracy one of his National Security staff suggested they change the first part of his name to avoid detection. WHen he asked Barak what letter he should use, Barack said, "Oh... B !!" (meh) and that how Ob-ama got his name !! shocked

It's TRUE I heard it on the Glen Beck show with his guest, The Donald ! wink

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 06:03 PM

Re: Continents - 01/17/13 08:04 PM

Really !! laugh
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Continents - 01/18/13 04:17 AM

And there's Atlantis too. Europe probably used to be an A, but the Europeans didn't want to get lumped together with everyone else... smile
Posted by: MrB

Re: Continents - 01/18/13 07:15 AM

Oh, my. I see an additional appearance of another birth certificate. How many will that make now?

Dave

Re: Continents - 01/18/13 06:52 PM

LOL

Well more likely the names came from Vespucci.

ORIGIN the name America dates from the early 16th cent. and is believed to derive from the Latin form ( Americus) of the name of Amerigo Vespucci, who sailed along the west coast of South America in 1501.

I can hear it now - in best Italian laugh

Oh no I ran into this pice of shiit land , I'll call it America ! (then he sailed North) Oh no another pice of shiit land I'll call this one North America.

He then went back to Italy to brag about his new found pieces of shiit . Later he set sail again to the south but this time steering clear from the other America shiit.

Oh no whats this pice of shiit land (now out of America names) I'll call this one Australia laugh

Re: Continents - 01/18/13 08:06 PM

The "a" ending makes it a feminine. Why feminine may be connected to what Zeus did to Europa. Gotta exploit that territory.

Re: Continents - 01/18/13 08:58 PM

I think it is more of a translation from Latin to another name that sticks better.
Like posted above Amerigo -> Americus -> America.

I surmise for the (a) as feminine as you say - could be as a new birth as in from a woman = the promise of new born ? ?

Re: Continents - 01/19/13 08:27 AM

Read the story of Zeus and Europa.