Health update

Posted by: MrB

Health update - 01/15/13 08:00 PM

Four years ago this month I had a colonoscopy. Then came my coln resection on saint Patrick's day. Then six months of chemo. And six weeks of radiation.

Three years ago this month they found spots on my liver. Then the horrible PET scan. Then the liver biopsy. Things looked good. Then in march those tiny spots grew into a cancer the size of a ping pong ball. Then liver surgery on 6th of April, 2010. They took a third of my liver and because it was in the way, they took my gall bladder. Then five months of more chemo. Rougher this time. Was in the hospital twice for five days each.

But this week i saw my doc following my CT scan . He said my blood work was great and my scan also.

It's been three years, guys with no cancer. He implied that he was a bit surprised. Even indicated God had something to do with it. Well, I knew that.

With all of this I have felt truly blessed. I feel like something's going on and that I'm supposed to do something.

I want to thank all of you guys out there who have put me in your thoughts and prayers. You are a great bunch of folks.

One thing to remember. Every in counter we have with another just might be that special moment that affects that person . That changes that person. So live those moments. Live all your moments. You just never know.

And remember also. If you don't stop to count your blessings, you are just wasting your time.

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Health update - 01/15/13 08:02 PM

Great great great news, MrB. Keep on keeping on!
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Health update - 01/15/13 08:15 PM

Great news, Dave!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 04:06 AM

Quote:
One thing to remember. Every in counter we have with another just might be that special moment that affects that person . That changes that person. So live those moments. Live all your moments. You just never know.

And remember also. If you don't stop to count your blessings, you are just wasting your time.

Words to live by..
Thanks and God Bless.
Posted by: MicMeister

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 04:25 AM

That's good! Stick around.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 06:50 AM

You da Man , Dave !! Congrats, and here's to many many more ! grin
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 08:14 AM

Great news, MrB!
Treat yourself to something you like.
You've earned it.

-Curtis
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 09:13 AM

Wonderful news Dave.
Cheers!

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 11:29 AM

Yeah I agree. I think Dave should have a nice bottle of wine or Tequila (his choice); a big, thick 16 oz. T-bone or ribeye (his choice); and a nice big cigar to celebrate !! wink

laugh GO FOR IT , Dave !!

Posted by: Pirate

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 12:05 PM

eExtra good news..gotta keep well

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 01:18 PM

Steak, that's my kinda celebration.

As an addend:

Last night, a friend was over to watch a little TV. Her name is Lillie. She has just retired after working as a social worker for the state. We are just friends. She is also dealing with cancer.

I was feeling morose. I told her that it seemed that I was supposed to do something with my extra time I have been given, but that I wasn't doing anything.
She replied. "To take care of me"

That got me. We eat out often, and I help her a bit, but that's all. We aren't romantically connected, just friends. We even discuss her boy friends.

But her comment got to me.

As I mentioned earlier. We just don't know when we affect someone.

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 02:01 PM

Congrats on being 3 years cancer free!!!!

MrB's doing his victory dance-->
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 03:26 PM

That's great news! May you have many, many more "clean" exams!
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 03:26 PM

If Dave is doing that dance, he is way better shape than most of us!
Posted by: carp

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 04:47 PM

Fantastic Dave,

She replied. "To take care of me" - who knows maybe that the reason for the extra time ?

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 06:36 PM

Hey buddy you deserve a BIG steak... and throw a Lobster tail on top for good measure !! wink

nice story Dave !! . . ." like I dun tole ya" ... You Da Man !! laugh

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 06:54 PM

A lobster tail in Southeast Kansas ? More like steers tail

grin

Dave
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 08:24 PM

Great to hear Dave, you're a tough old bird. cool
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
She replied. "To take care of me" .... We aren't romantically connected, just friends.
Hmm. Me thinks she may have meant something you didn't get?

Re: Health update - 01/16/13 11:45 PM

No, we decided to be friends a couple years ago when it just wasn't going to be. After that we become better friends.

Dave
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Health update - 01/17/13 04:16 AM

That's great, MrB!

God kept you around for us, I'm sure! smile
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Health update - 01/17/13 04:23 AM

Oh, BTW, my other 2.

One of the main reasons we are given life is to take care of each other in God's name.

Re: Health update - 01/17/13 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Stumpy1
Oh, BTW, my other 2.

One of the main reasons we are given life is to take care of each other in God's name.

I concurr

Dave

Re: Health update - 01/17/13 08:24 AM

Hey - you can buy Lobster tails frozen Dave. wink

Not as good as a Maine fresh one, but still very tasty.

the bull tail reminds me of an old WC Fields line:
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail .... and face the situation. laugh
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Health update - 01/18/13 03:16 AM

I'm late coming in on this, but am glad I did. Great news. You have beaten the odds. You can be an inspiration to yourself and your family and anyone else who must go through it.