We haven't done this in quite a while...

Posted by: steveg

We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 10:33 AM

Show us your set up. Since I just did some reorganizing and "redecorating", I'll start:

That's Junior, my CFO (Chief Feline Officer) grin

Backup word processor. laugh

Ego wall (and sharp objects that I'm not allowed to play with eek )

Le centre de printe. cool

Executive Committee. crazy

Flight deck of the Enterprise?

Enter at my own risk. shocked
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 12:02 PM

My home office...Mac Pro with 30" display:

Home printer center:

A view from my home office window:

Workplace 2010 27" iMac:

Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 01:28 PM

Wow guys! Great setups! You two could win any contest in this category. However, it's not going to stop me from posting mine. I could spend a few hours cleaning it up, arranging, polishing this or that, but heck, I'm gonna just let it all hang out. wink Be it ever so humble, it is my home smile

So here is the command deck.I put the pen pad, tv control on writing desk on my lap with legs on the stool. Coffee at my right hand and TV at the ready.

Printer is behind my chair. Bird feeders are just outside the windows. wink

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 02:39 PM

I envy the simplicity, Kate. smile
Posted by: DLC

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 05:41 PM

I can't - I'm in the middle of 2 projects and mine looks like Sandy blew through !! blush

Where do I apply for relief ??

laugh

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 06:20 PM

Here are two other of my work places...they are both outfitted with 10-12 year old Macs that still are going strong...the QuickSilver runs 24/7. I have everything wireless in my outbuildings and the iMacs mostly run iTunes and for internet access.

Fitness Room with a nice Orange iMac:

Red 1999 iMac in my barn:

Posted by: DLC

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 07:56 PM

OH man, I sure wish I had my old Bondi Blue iMac !! Ran lotsa games on that puppy !! grin
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 08:21 PM

My stuff is such a mess that I'd blush to show it. So imagine the biggest mess ever, and you've got a pretty good idea of what my workspace looks like.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Biggerfoot
Here are two other of my work places...they are both outfitted with 10-12 year old Macs that still are going strong...the QuickSilver runs 24/7. I have everything wireless in my outbuildings and the iMacs mostly run iTunes and for internet access.
I always figured you're either really patient or have a lot of time on your hands waiting for internet on those. grin

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
My stuff is such a mess that I'd blush to show it. So imagine the biggest mess ever, and you've got a pretty good idea of what my workspace looks like.
I bet my mess is bigger than your mess.

Mine's mostly computer doodads with a nice mix of paper piles. Yours is probably mostly paper piles, and, what do they call them, printed books I believe?

I know what's where, mostly, I guess. smirk

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 09:14 PM

You got rid of the upper shelves, leaves more room for the ego wall. grin
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/06/13 10:31 PM

My computer desk top is very clean. It's a clean machine.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/07/13 03:15 AM

Mine is the usual conglomeration of hardware, accessories, and piles of paper. The paper is mostly my wife's since she prints everything even if she never reads it.

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/07/13 03:28 AM

You ain't seen my daughter's room! The only upside is that I could probably get emergency $$ from FEMA! eek

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/07/13 03:35 AM

More like a lot of weeding and consolidating. Have gotten rid of a lot of old and extraneous stuff on Craigslist: The old Mac Plus, the SE 30, my loyal ol' Quicksilver G4, old monitors, the Brother MCF, and I just sold the HP 7000 wide format last week.

And yah, I need room for this year's Addy Awards. grin Dropping off my entries Friday.

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/07/13 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Originally Posted By: Biggerfoot
I always figured you're either really patient or have a lot of time on your hands waiting for internet on those. grin

Actually, the old iMacs are not too bad for simple sites or Google. I really need it for the web but when I am in my workshop and need to look something up, it is nice to have. I have been eyeing newer iMacs on Craigslist and noticed the G5 are down to $150 and the G4s are down to $75. I am still on the fence to make the move.
Posted by: MicMeister

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/14/13 02:08 AM

Nice office, Steve. I really like the marker box and the pen case! So, do you really get any work done ever or why is it so clean and tidy? laugh

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/14/13 04:15 AM

I am a compulsive neatnik can't get a damn thing done in the midst of disorder. Even when I have multiple projects in motion, everything's got to be in its place. crazy

BTW, I built that desk from scratch. Slightly lower than standard height, cable ports and grommets exactly where I want 'em, a UPS and cable hooks mounted underneath where I can reach it easily. And its in bolt-together sections so I can break it down easily when it's time to move.
Posted by: MicMeister

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/14/13 04:33 AM

I'm the opposite, I need the clutter on my desk so I can focus. Well, every now and then I declutter and make some space so I can put down paper sheets, magazines and bills again, and my iPad somewhere, after I find a spot for it amidst the junk.

Impressed with the desk, too. Even more so now. I'd need a cable organizer under mine to get them off the floor for easier vacuuming and so I wouldn't kick them around all the time.
Posted by: Silver_Moon

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/14/13 04:47 AM

I wish I could show you mine, but unfortunately I don't have a setup cause I don't even have my own computer. frown

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/14/13 07:29 AM

Then how are you posting? Vulcan Mindmeld? confused wink
Posted by: Silver_Moon

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/14/13 10:59 AM

iPhone. wink

Re: We haven't done this in quite a while... - 01/14/13 11:30 AM

Then get an itty-bitty desk like from a doll house or something and take a pic.